Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold Beta experience.

Browser Outdated

Just received a notice from Ebay after 6/19/18 I due to my browser being outdated I can't use Ebay!

2nd ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

called help line told paypal not recognizing aol browser need help to correct this as using both ebay and paypal all the time. Paypal works fine with Edge,Chrome,Firefox,Safari...but not with Aol gold need to get this fixed worked with help desk and they could ony say wil ref to eng department....

• Bob Krampetz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just used 1916 Beta to go to https://beta.aol.com and got the following error:

This connection is untrusted
        you asked to connect securely to beta.aol.com. But we can't confirm....

Is this a case of the Kettle calling the pot black??

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh No!
        We noticed that you’re on an outdated web browser that may compromise your security as you shop online.

As of June 26, 2018 you will no longer be able to check out on eBay with your current browser.

Why isn't as a paid AOL customer, that such above basic issue's already taken care of - updated ??

• Bill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also received the message that my browser is outdated and I will no longer be able to check out on eBay. eBay says this is an AOL issue. I have used AOL, including AOL Desktop Gold, for 15 years with eBay with no issues. According to what I have been able to research I have the latest version of AOL Desktop Gold. Help!!

• Jacquie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is it going to take to update the AOL browser so that I can access other sites that want a more secure environment?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is happening on my ebay account. They say after June 26, I won't be able to sell or buy. Ins't the broeser built in to AOL Gold? This needs to be fixed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base