Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold Beta experience.

This is not an accurate per AOL's answer and has not been fixed

Toolbar icons are exactly where I want them when signing out. When signing back in the next time, the icon positions have been changed. I only use one username and no one else uses my computer. THEY DO NOT STAY PUT and this has been going on for a long time now. Please do not merge or close comments until a real fix has been made to this problem. If this is closed or merged then either AOL doesn't read these comments enough to comprehend the real issues we deal with or they close them out so that others cannot agree and respond.

AOL stated and then closed any further comments to others who share the same issue: "The position of the carousel icons is unique to the username that you are logged in with. Also when signing in, you will see the last carousel position you have used before signing out." THIS COMPLETELY FALSE. Even after wasting an hour and half on phone with AOL who uninstalled and reinstalled many times, the problem still existed. So even your Techs could not make it work as you say it does.

17th ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

S shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  AdminProduct Support (Product Support, AOL) responded  · 

Hello there, our engineers are currently investigating the issue related to the carousel position.

Regarding the Mail QuickView, the back-end development for this is finished, and in the following update you can enjoy this new feature.

Thank you.

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • kenneth LeRoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I spent almost 2 hours on the phone with an aol representative to get aol gold to work on my computer. I guess everything is fixed except for th fact that I can not send mail. Next move will be a different internet server.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why Quick View? It's a useless waste. Just fix the things that haven't worked right a long time that us Beta testers have reported. We've been on this Beta version over two years and there are still so many problems. We're getting tired and frustrated at the same old problems over and over.

• S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You state "Mail QuickView, the back-end development for this is finished, and in the following update you can enjoy this new feature"

yet it was boasted about working in your Aug 24th update and we are now up to the Revision Update 11.0.1952. So why does it not work?:

"August Update #5 - 8/24/2018 (Version 11.0.1942)
        HOT New! - Mail QuickView
        hover over the Read Mail icon on the toolbar to see it in action! Quick access to current mail, show a fragment of it, and easy access to open it by double-clicking

Icons are not staying in place. Also, when I hover over the email box nothing happens. I do have the last revision.

I have same problem and have latest revision. The icons in the carousel keep moving out of place.

...and from March the Icons holding position still does not work:

March Update #3 - 03/23/2018 (Version 11.0.1703):
        HOT Fixed! - added toolbar carousel items remember position

Neither the "hover feature" or "Icons staying where put" have been fixed, so why claim they have? It just adds to our frustrations. Currently have the Revision 11.0.1952 so AOL is up to date.

August Update #5 - 8/24/2018 (Version 11.0.1942)
        HOT New! - Mail QuickView
        hover over the Read Mail icon on the toolbar to see it in action! Quick access to current mail, show a fragment of it, and easy access to open it by double-clicking
        HOT Fixed! - Add a Favorite carousel icon and text update

Feedback and Knowledge Base