AOL App for iOS

Aol App

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL App experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Inbox only known senders

Before I was able to put only known senders through inbox, now I can’t anymore. That was very useful now I have too much spam in my inbox (1400+). Please bring back that feature.

10th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  40 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Attachments. More than pictures!

Need to be able to attach more than pictures to a email. Should easily integrate with Dropbox, Mac iCloud folders, etc.

85th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. News

I’m very impressed with your daily news roll up. Please give me a roll up of Global & our USA news once a day. My regional news twice daily & breaking news as needed. I’m very busy & im depending on you to keep me up to date on everything from Political to environmental. Others will agree once they experience your informative & newsworthy style.
    I’m not a news watching woman but you simplify the news with choices & a Great one line explanation. No one wants news forced down their throat.

160th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Get rid of aim.com! I only get spam emails!

I use aol email and have for many years without problems. Lately I’ve been getting numerous emails every day as aim.com, which I have never used and it’s really annoying. How can I eliminate the aim address? Thanks!

42nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Light colors email backgrounds

This app should have the option to select a light color background for the email inbox.

85th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Video notifications

Is there any way to turn off those extremely annoying notifications of videos with stories that few people would have any interest in watching, while leaving all other news type notifications turned on?

160th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. delete emails after they’ve been in inbox for a certain amount of time

Have an option to automatically delete your emails after they’ve been in your inbox for say 30 days, 2 months, 3 months, or something like that. especially if they haven’t been read.

6th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  73 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add support for other pop3/IMAP accounts

Would be great to be able to use one app for all email.

95th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Quit blocking email through iPhone Mail app, PLEASE!

The AOL app is too complicated. It has many unnecessary “featured” obstacles: videos, news, a stylus, and a search box. On the iPad half the screen is wasted on a large search box, so that part of the email message is blocked and has to be shifted manually to be read.

Is there an option to revert to the iPhone app and not be blocked? It has worked well for me this past decade.

Perhaps having the app developed by Verizon makes it particularly hostile to AT&T customers.
    I am continually having to jiggle email just to get the delete…

100th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. unread

Like my iPhone mail, add a folder that only shows any unread emails so that if you skipped reading an email, you don't have to search thru multiple pages to find that one email that you haven't read and so you can select unread email and mark them as read when they are just junk.

100th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Türkçe menü

Aol mail çok beğeniyorum neden diller arasında türkçe yok? Olmasını takep ediyorum

160th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 9th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

71 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This function is not available in the AOL App, however, you can go to mail.aol.com from a desktop computer and Edit/Delete the contacts.

13. It's very good idea

Outlook for iOS using online apple device

160th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Dark mode

Screen is too bright and offensive... hurts the eyes .., makes me want to delete the app... change that and I will stay,,,

227th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Removing Undo delay on iPhone app

On the AOL app on my Apple iPhone 11 Pro, whenever I delete an email or move an email to another folder, there is a brief delay during which the word “Undo” appears at the top right corner of the screen. During this delay, I can not go to any other AOL screen. I would like the option to remove this delay if I do not want it. This option is not available. Thank you.

160th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. YouTube says aol browser will be unsupported soon

Clicked a YouTube link from a friend and was provided a warning that YouTube will stop supporting the AOL browser soon.

Any plans to update that?? Make some other improvements too. The browser in the app is pretty much ****.

227th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 28th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 227th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Option to enable links in email

Many times I want to unsubscribe from an email. I scroll to the bottom to unsubscribe than I have to enable the link and scroll down a second time. I should have the option to enable all links.

160th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Read notifications

Why don’t we get notified when email was read by other party?

100th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

AOL App for iOS

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base