AOL App for iOS

Aol App

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL App experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Open in internet tab

Need the ability to rerun to mail after opening a link without closing that link!

31st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why did AOL change email dress shown

Our email address has always been so t show but it’s not our whole complete names!
    WTF
    Tried to change it back and email stopped working on the iPad so I had to cancel it.

120th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A clear, concise way to delete existing folders

Have a clear, concise explanation on how to delete folders no longer used.

236th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. You now have @aol.com @gmail.com, etc. how about adding @verizon.net

every time you have to log in during the day.

About adding the @verizon.net since they sold us to AOL?

101st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please give us dark mode

My whole phone is on dark mode and most apps have accommodated that by releasing a dark mode option. Please create a dark mode option. Opening this app really hurts my eyes sometimes. Thank you!

236th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 11th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  51 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dark mode

Great App, Dark Mode Please!

24th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. need update

Please update your System Preference instructions under the Apple menu.

138th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Adverts

Hi can you please remove illrelavant adverts from the inbox. These started when we had to download your app

236th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Most don’t care about what that woman in the white house thinks or eats.

Women suffrage? comments from a gold digger? Get real!
    She sure can’t read and shouldn’t to children. The “dog grooled” and “the ool was in the tree”. That’s growled and owl for those who don’t speak Slovanian or whatever that was.

138th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sync with desktop

When I read, delete or archive my in app I then have to do it all again when logging in elsewhere ie laptop or desktop. Would be awesome if it were all synced

236th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Don’t ask me to load pictures every single time

Why can’t you have a settings to load pictures. Email looks like **** now snd i have to do an extra click on every single em. Nobody gets text only emails. Text only goes to text.

158th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Coved 19 excuse

Stop using a global crisis where thousands of people have died as an excuse to help people. You just want to bend people’s will to safeguard their privacy by forcing us to relinquish this right in order to read our email. One day, people, especially the millennials will wake up and see what is happening with technology: when used properly it’s a blessing; when used improperly, brainwashing and manipulation ensues. PEOPLE will lose!

108th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Complaint regarding mail composition system on iPad

Sirs,

I have experienced several times recently that in the process of writing emails my finger, going down towards the keyboard happened accidentally to graze the text which then slid downwards and disappeared forever. This was extremely frustrating as I had written some long emails and was close to finishing.

If that is the system there should at least be a “ Do you really want to delete “ message or the email should go to Drafts or should be saved somehow. It would also help if the system saved a email every now and then during composition.

Really annoying…

108th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Used Finger Tip to login

I have to change my password everyday. Changed it Wednesday, tried to login on Thursday and it said PASSWORD INVALID! No it isn’t! Used fingertip verification to login like Bank of America uses

191st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Signature settings wont save.

I keep updating my signature. Then every time the app shuts down my preferences are deleted. When I open the app again, its reverted to the default signature: “Mobil AOL...”
    Please fix!!!! I use this for my business, and i am tired of manually typing in my signature each time I send a business email.

Thanks,

108th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I hate whatever browser aol uses

We should have the option to select google chrome or safari to open links from an email. For password and cookies and other saved information.

236th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Linking contacts to email

I recently was forced to get my aol email through you app. I was disappointed to discover that in order to send an email I had to go to my contacts log, remember the email address, and enter it. The previous protocol had been to type a few letters of the addressee and then a list of suggestions would appear which always had the desired address in it. This was much more convenient than your new system which provides a few suggestions but often not including the desired address. Your current system is a big step in reverse.

236th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The new AOL app.

I have been forced to use a new way in which to access my AOL Account by 20/10/2020.
    Out of the options, I chose to use the AOL App but I am finding it is not very successful.
    1. Unlike the system I have used for as long as I can remember I cannot get header info (From, Subject Date and To) on all emails, even a reply. Should they need to be printed off, the printed copy simply launches into the text. There is no thread showing from whom it came so a pile of papers all muddled up…

236th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The instructions to improve the security of emails doesn't work.

OK. This is stupid. I'm getting emails about how if I access my email on my iPhone then I need to go through this security procedure with a one-time password etc etc. It gives instructions about going into Settings and click on the "Mail, Contacts, Calendar" tab. That tab does NOT exist. Then it says click on the "Account" button. That button does NOT exist. *** AOL? Are you trying to get rid of the last of your dying customers?

236th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with AOL
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

AOL App for iOS

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base