AOL App for iOS

Aol App

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL App experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Signature settings wont save.

I keep updating my signature. Then every time the app shuts down my preferences are deleted. When I open the app again, its reverted to the default signature: “Mobil AOL...”
    Please fix!!!! I use this for my business, and i am tired of manually typing in my signature each time I send a business email.

Thanks,

172nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Light colors email backgrounds

This app should have the option to select a light color background for the email inbox.

77th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sort emails by Sender (for example) for quicker deletion

It’s so much easier to delete emails when I sign into AOL.com on my computer — as opposed to using your app. The main reason that it’s easier to delete emails by signing into AOL.com is because I can easily sort emails either by Sender, Date, etc. It would be wonderful if there was a way to sort emails by Sender or Date, for example, from within your app — which would make the deletion process of multiple emails so much quicker & simpler! Thank you for this consideration in a potential future update!

129th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. You need to do better testing of changes

As part of the change required by the EU privacy rules, you put up a splash screen that requires an answer to proceed.

But it appears that the banner placed on the bottom of the screen will not allow recognition of the button press.

IPhone 6S+. Currently at iOS 13.3.1 (issue has persisted through several iOS upgrades)

172nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. delete emails after they’ve been in inbox for a certain amount of time

Have an option to automatically delete your emails after they’ve been in your inbox for say 30 days, 2 months, 3 months, or something like that. especially if they haven’t been read.

8th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  74 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Video notifications

Is there any way to turn off those extremely annoying notifications of videos with stories that few people would have any interest in watching, while leaving all other news type notifications turned on?

129th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Notifications

Bring back where the email is sent from. After the last update it doesn’t display where it’s from only the first couple of lines of it’s content.

9th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  45 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Quit blocking email through iPhone Mail app, PLEASE!

The AOL app is too complicated. It has many unnecessary “featured” obstacles: videos, news, a stylus, and a search box. On the iPad half the screen is wasted on a large search box, so that part of the email message is blocked and has to be shifted manually to be read.

Is there an option to revert to the iPhone app and not be blocked? It has worked well for me this past decade.

Perhaps having the app developed by Verizon makes it particularly hostile to AT&T customers.
    I am continually having to jiggle email just to get the delete…

86th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Select All when Filtering

Please add the Select All option when you have filtered your emails by using the search box. The option is currently only available from the non filtered view when you begin selecting an email.

Apple User

172nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 172nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Pls Add

provide dark mode setting

172nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add support for other pop3/IMAP accounts

Would be great to be able to use one app for all email.

86th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Option to enable links in email

Many times I want to unsubscribe from an email. I scroll to the bottom to unsubscribe than I have to enable the link and scroll down a second time. I should have the option to enable all links.

115th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Complaint regarding mail composition system on iPad

Sirs,

I have experienced several times recently that in the process of writing emails my finger, going down towards the keyboard happened accidentally to graze the text which then slid downwards and disappeared forever. This was extremely frustrating as I had written some long emails and was close to finishing.

If that is the system there should at least be a “ Do you really want to delete “ message or the email should go to Drafts or should be saved somehow. It would also help if the system saved a email every now and then during composition.

Really annoying…

172nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 7th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

81 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This function is not available in the AOL App, however, you can go to mail.aol.com from a desktop computer and Edit/Delete the contacts.

16. Unopened emails should be on top.

There should be an option to have all unopened emails be sent to the top of the inbox.

172nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. unread

Like my iPhone mail, add a folder that only shows any unread emails so that if you skipped reading an email, you don't have to search thru multiple pages to find that one email that you haven't read and so you can select unread email and mark them as read when they are just junk.

92nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Türkçe menü

Aol mail çok beğeniyorum neden diller arasında türkçe yok? Olmasını takep ediyorum

129th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Have a automatic sign for once sign in

Have an automatic sign in using Letters and
    Number so you can sign in one time in aol.com

65th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. App is way too fiddly and unreadable text. I was told to switch from WiFi to data!? Is that the only way it works? I don’t have data on IPad

Go to the same size print as set on one’s phone, access email addresses by name so we don’t have to remember addresses only, and enable proper use on WiFi. (

172nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

AOL App for iOS

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base