AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop SPAM FROM YAHOO

AOL ARE USELESS WHEN IT COME TO PREVENTING SPAM, MOST COME FROM YAHOO

37th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I faithfully put spam email addresses and variations of them, using *, by going into Mail Settings, Spam Settings. Are you using this lista

I faithfully add my spam email addresses to Mail Settings, Spam Options, using the full addresses and variations of them, using *. Are you still using this information to filter my incoming mail? It does not seem so and it takes a lot of time to go through my spam and do this everyday. Why can't you add a 'Delete and Block' Function so I don't have to go through 6 steps to add an address, in addition to just Delete. It could be a one step function. Here is a list of my blocked addresses, from over the many…

53rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. AOL Spam mail delete buttons are incorrect.

To delete Spam mail there is an empty button in both New mail and Spam mail. In Spam mail after pressing empty there is an unnecessary confirmation needed. In New mail after pressing empty Spam there is a missing confirmation and users can mistakenly loose mail without seeing the Spam folder first or at least stop the action. The buttons need to be reprogrammed in the right places. This change is urgently needed.

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Move Spam button

It would be great to move the Spam button away from the other buttons. When it is in between two frequently used buttons (Delete and More) it is entirely to easy to hit it accidentally when trying to delete or move an email that is not spam.

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Listen up everyone!

AOL cares nothing about their customers! They don't care what you think. It's for their convenience in making it easier for themselves in not adding the spam features for us. This also puts more money into their pockets. They are more concern in putting in more ads on your webmail page, than making it easier for you!! The best thing to do is to close your AOL account and go somewhere else. If everyone closed their accounts, we'd see how fast they'd move to put in those block features for spamming, back. AOL sucks BIG time!!

51st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. martin lewis fake add

Bit coin ad, for Martin Lewis on my email home page - thought Martin had stopped false advertising - AOL do your bit and remove these liars.

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. One positive note

I found if I call up one spam message and then hit the trash can at the TOP of the page, I can rid myself of all spam messages at once. Not the trash can beside each spam message, but the one at the top of the page.

387th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 51st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The best way to resolve this is to mark the emails as “Not Spam” and add the addresses in your contact list, that way you can train the spam filter to better identify important emails in the future.

Also if you use a mobile device or email client to access your mail over IMAP, please check the Spam filters in that application, to make sure it’s not marking important emails as spam.

9. Allow blocking from iPad, laptop and iPhone of unwanted emails./

Allow sender to be blocked by simply clicking on the unwanted email.

49th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Thank you AOL, My "Block mail from Spam addresses" all is now well. Its good to help customers.

Thank you AOL, My "Block mail from Spam addresses" is working well so far. I have never doubted AOL in all my 16 years. Many thanks. K*****

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. why can I block IP address

you ruined Yahoo now your ruining AOL. we used to have word block as well as address block.
    My recommendation is to add IP block and re-add key word block
    lets make things better not worse

61st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Support List-Unsubscribe

I’d love to see AOL support it whereas instead of having to click the unsubscribe link in the email and another webpage opening confirming the unsubscribe you are simply unsubscribed (without the need to load another webpage).

66th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Block email address/domains on mobile devices

Why is it not possible to add email addresses or domains to the block list on the AOL app or from the AOL website on mobile devices? It is ridiculous that I have to login on my laptop to perform such a simple task.

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. THE NEPTUNE SOCIETY

IS "THE NEPTUNE SOCIETY" YOUR ONLY CLIENT ??? ITS SPONSORED EMAIL IS ALMOST ALWAYS ON DISPLAY, AND I CAN'T GET RID OF IT. WHAT IS THIS ****? PLEASE FIX IT!!!! IT'S WRONG AND OFFENSIVE. :( :( :(

HOW MUCH ARE THEY PAYING YOU TO KEEP HARASSING ME????

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Taboola

Drop Taboola as a poster on your news page. They post only distorted spam. They list items being in my area with pictures of buildings or desert back grounds that are several thousand mules from my area. They produce rambling worthless items and I have noticed my computer slows down or crashes when on their pages. They are junk and need to be removed.

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Spam, specifically e-mail blocking

Why are we limited to 1,000 blocked e-mail addresses?

65th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Monitor suspicious looking email, that really does not make any seance.

Improvement in spam, that might contain a vairus and email that contains false bank information, to fool any unsuspecting party to give personal vital information.

Also mail advising you for confirmation that a request has been received to stop any membership or subscription, when in reality one was never sent in the first place?

160th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Large ads appearing after sending an email -

why am I now getting large, obnoxious ads every time I send an email - how do I stop it??!!!

160th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I want AOL to automatically delete emails that only contain links to click on

Many spam emails contain only links to click on. AOL should be able to recognize these as spam and block or delete them completely. I do not want them coming to my spam folder which inundates that folder and it is difficult to sift thru all of these unwanted spams looking for emails that may have gone to the spam folder in error.

71st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add Enable reading pane to preview mail in SPAM folder ONLY as an option

The current setting under OPTIONS > MAIL SETTINGS > GENERAL is to ENABLE READING PANE TO PREVIEW MAIL applies to ALL folders. Which I don't use or need. However, I would like to have the PREVIEW MAIL option available only in the SPAM folder.

Suggest adding under OPTIONS > MAIL SETTINGS > in either GENERAL or SPAM SETTING, the option to ENABLE READING PANE TO PREVIEW MAIL IN SPAM FOLDER ONLY.

142nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base