AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. DELETE the yellow banner so WE can make the decision if it's spam!

PLEASE STOP PUTTING THAT NEW YELLOW SPAM IMAGE GARBAGE AT THE TOP OF EACH EMAIL IN THE SPAM FOLDER> WE CANNOT UNSUBSCRIBE TO ANY OF THESE EMAILS WHICH MEANS THEY WILL CONTINUE TO FLOOD OUR SPAM FOLDER!! CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT REASONING?? PLEASE REMOVE IT ASAP SO WE CAN UNSUBSCRIBE TO ALL THESE EMAILS WE DO NOT WANT!! YOU CAN STILL PUT THEM IN THE SPAM "FOLDER" BUT PLEASE "REMOVE" THAT RIDICULOUS YELLOW BANNER AT THE TOP! WE NEVER ASKED FOR THAT SO WHY DID YOU PUT IT THERE? THESE SPAM PEOPLE JUST KEEP ON SENDING THE SAME OLD…

469th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SPAM Settings

It would be so nice if I could more easily BLOCK a SPAM sender/email. Just a simple button or something. Sick of having to open the email and copy and paste the address I want to block in my spam settings.

469th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make it easier to block spam, and make it stick!

Make an option to block spam as you go. Yahoo has it right. I've been a member for 16 years but if this spam settings are not blocking out senders- I can easily cancel my account.

469th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Spam

Please do not get rid of spam when I clickon not spam...its gone...and also who decides when my mail is old and get rid of it...STOP IT NOW !!!

469th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Way to much SPAM

I receive probably 40 + spam messages a day. This site said I should block them myself. This is ridiculous. Why should I have to spend my time, multiple times a day trying to block 40 + messages a day, when aol is causing this to happen.

469th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Deleting Spam

Guess What ! I go to my spam folder and want to unsubcribe - But, in order to do so i have to click as not spam. WHAT! thats crazy!
    Why cant we just click t he button and block these people.
    We used to be able to do that correct?
    This may not be a new idea, but, lets keep the old ideas that were good

469th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. We can view the source ip address of spam senders but not able to block ip address

Allow us to block ip addresses and range of ip addresses from spam senders.We can view the source ip address of spam senders but not able to block ip address.

469th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Remove the yellow banner on spam. even when you click shoe show images you can.t unsubscribe from It , thats a problemit

Remove the yellow banner from spam. When you click show images, you cant unsubscribe from the spam so it keeps coming.

469th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. starting about two months ago I started receiving an average of 20 spam emails in my spam filter. How do I stop, May 17, 2020

spam folder currently marks 25-35 emails a day as spam. Most are the same spam emails everyday. two months ago I was only receiving 2 a day in my spam folder. Why is the spam folder trained not to post the new spam emails and block the repetitive spams automatically? What changed two months ago?

469th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. If an ad shows a little (x) box in the upper right corner it allows for your feedback. It doesn't matter what you mark it still comes back.

I see these articles or ad's in boxes and it allows you to click the (x) in the upper right corner to give feedback. I keep seeing these celebrity ******* who I am supposed to be surprised that they are perverts or something that someone thinks is appropriate to normal people. I keep hitting the "offensive" mark but these same perverted articles keep returning. Why bother asking if you aren't planning on doing anything about what we think or feel is offensive?

469th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Stop your Liberal bias stories.

non bias stories.. Stop with all the liberal bias stories. Its a big turn off.

1078th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Your SPAM filters are a misreable failure!

When I click on Support Options & want to choose "email", this message displays:

"Email Us -
    Email support is currently unavailable due to COVID-19 health and safety considerations for our employees. For help with an issue, search our help articles.

Your "Help" articles are absolutely worthless! Receiving dozens of SPAM daily - several from the same addresses. Three times in the past several weeks I maxed the block list because of too many SPAM being received & had to delete 100s of bad addresses just to add more to the list. Why make the block list unlimited - or…

469th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make Spam button work on all e-mail.

I have recently begun receiving e-mails that cannot be marked as Spam with the button; instead I am instructed to unsubscribe and I must go thru the Spam Settings to block wihich is much more inconvenient.

469th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. stop blocking our mailing list

Stop blocking docs@mrbrklyn.com The mailing list is being used to coordinate the covid-19 response in NYC and your blocking it

469th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. How can I "unspam" an email sender after I accidentally marked it as spam?

I accidentally clicked an email as spam. How do I undo this? The email address does not show up in my blocked sender list.

469th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. A couple weeks ago you suddenly started sending emails that I routinely read to Spam. How can I fix this?

When I go to Spam settings, I see only options for blocking, not "STOP sending this email to Spam!" What can I do? I'm tired of having to remember to scan the Spam box every day for emails that I wish to receive and open. You used to send only obvious spam to my spam email. Now you send half my mail there!!

469th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. WAY TOO MUCH JUNK MAIL! Your spam filter is useless.

Fix your spam filter, it's useless! It doesn't block anything. I put junk in spam folder, next day, more junk from same sender. Way too much trouble to open junk, copy address, move to settings, then mail settings, then spam settings,then paste to block address list. And then... REPEAT for then next spam. Ridiculous.

Yahoo blocks spam! (and it's free!) Be more like Yahoo. Do SOMETHING to block spam.

469th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I cannot believe how much unwanted junk mail I now get on my AOL account. I am in the UK, but most of it originates from the US. A nightmare

I cannot believe how much unwanted junk mail I now get on my AOL account. I am in the UK, but most of it originates from the US. it's real nightmare & I am seriously considering cancelling my email account. Even found I was getting email intended for a guy in the States, at one time.

469th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I have been receiving more and more spam in my regular mail and not receiving emails that I should of been getting and use to get regularly!

I have been getting more and spam email in my regular emails and emails that I use to get for my business have been going to my spam for some reason. I cant have this. Plus the auto spell check keeps acting up. I have had AOL for almost 23 years, I would really hate to have to change my email now.

469th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. block this email from sending spam (with NO OPT OUT capabilities) *@gmail.com,

block this email from sending spam (with NO OPT OUT capabilities) *@gmail.com,

469th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base