AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please get rid of spam! I am now receiving 40 plus per day; up from 0! One more week of this and I am switching to another.

Please get rid of spam! I am now receiving 40 plus per day; up from 0!
    One more week of this and I am switching to another.

213th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it easier to block spam, and make it stick!

Make an option to block spam as you go. Yahoo has it right. I've been a member for 16 years but if this spam settings are not blocking out senders- I can easily cancel my account.

213th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. spam

Today images and links in Spam folder were blocked. I move things to spam so I can view them in private or delete them if and when I chose to. Arbitrarily block images from sites that you deem inappropriate? RETURN MY RIGHT TO SEE WHAT I WISH TOO!

213th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Large ads appearing after sending an email -

why am I now getting large, obnoxious ads every time I send an email - how do I stop it??!!!

213th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Spam Filter

You recently modified the spam filter and made it nearly useless. I now get many spam emails in my inbox that were previously filtered out. Worse, you now classify as spam many of my regular emails requiring me to go to my spam file and reclassify them as desired email. I have been using the ‘Spam ’and ‘Not Spam' buttons to manually reclassify my email as appropriate in the hope that the filter would learn from my actions as to which category my email should be placed. The spam filter stubbornly insists on placing the same daily email in my…

240th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. SPAM Choice controls

I use my spam file for two things: (1) all the **** that gets sent can easily be deleted (and this seems to have gotten worse during the stay-at-home orders; and (2) to receive email from companies that I do want, but that send an enormous amount of email. On the second bullet here, I then can identify them quickly, open up and quickly determine if I want to keep or not. Have done this since opening an AOL account - 15+ years ago. Today, in looking through my SPAM file I find that AOL has decided how I will…

240th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make it so I can use my iPad to block email addresses because none of your mobile apps have the option to do so.

I should be able to use all of the things I can on a computer, while logged in to AOL, as I should on my iPad? That just kind of makes sense.

240th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Block spam by IP addresses

Block spam by IP addresses! Sick of all the spam from spammers that just change the email address they are sending it from. DO SOMETHING about this.

279th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Spam Filtering

Allow spam to go through user-defined filters first (rather than just moving them to Spam right away). That way we can use Filters to delete some spam ourselves, like the 75% I get from one sender. Instead, I have to see it in the Spam folder every day and manually handle deleting it.

279th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. SPAM Settings

It would be so nice if I could more easily BLOCK a SPAM sender/email. Just a simple button or something. Sick of having to open the email and copy and paste the address I want to block in my spam settings.

279th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. For your security we disabled all images and links in this email. If you believe it is safe to use, mark this message as not spam.

How can I get rid of this message? For your security we disabled all images and links in this email. If you believe it is safe to use, mark this message as not spam.
    I miss being able to open and unsubscribe! To many non spam emails hitting the spam folder. Very Frustrating!

279th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I am getting anywhere from75-300 spam each day. Many are duplicates. Can't you stop these or should I drop aol?

PLEASE do something about spam. I'm getting anywhere from 75 - 300 each day. Some are duplicates. Can't you do anything to stop this.

279th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged  ·  1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Enable reading pane to preview mail in SPAM folder ONLY as an option

The current setting under OPTIONS > MAIL SETTINGS > GENERAL is to ENABLE READING PANE TO PREVIEW MAIL applies to ALL folders. Which I don't use or need. However, I would like to have the PREVIEW MAIL option available only in the SPAM folder.

Suggest adding under OPTIONS > MAIL SETTINGS > in either GENERAL or SPAM SETTING, the option to ENABLE READING PANE TO PREVIEW MAIL IN SPAM FOLDER ONLY.

279th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. stop with the anti trump ********

STOP WITH THE ANTI TRUMP . IM EMBARRASSED FOR HOW HARD YOU JERKOFFS HAVE TO GO TO MAKE HIM LOOK BAD. LIBERAL SCUMBAGS . THE *** HAT AND PEDOPHILE PARTY .

338th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Spam Blocking idea!

I keep getting the same spam mails from the same people every day. It would be so easy to have a one click block on all the spams I don't want to keep. No need to blocks hundreds a day...one by one.

338th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I received the following email that appears to be a scam. Please verify that it is not from the AOL. Thanks. unpollutedfaz@aol.com -----

I received the following email that appears to be a scam. Please verify that it is not from the AOL. Thanks. unpollutedfaz@aol.com

-----Original Message-----
    From: AOL Member Services <AOLMemberServices@email.aol.net>
    To: unpollutedfaz@aol.com
    Sent: Tue, Aug 25, 2020 3:45 am
    Subject: Important security notice for your AOL account

Hey unpollutedfaz,

We love that you love using AOL email. And we want to make sure you always have the best experience. That’s why we’re reaching out today.

We’ve noticed that you’re using non-AOL applications (such as third-party email, calendar, or contact applications) that may use a less secure sign-in method. To…

338th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Spam Controls, they are just not working. I have gone from no spam to 8-10 spam emails a day! AOL you need to get this sorted

Spam Controls, they are just not working. I have gone from no spam to 8-10 spam emails a day! AOL you need to get this sorted.

338th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Spam or Junk mail has increased, can’t AOL stop the massive amount of spam mail? I’m getting messages where the sender is all question marks

AOL technical support needs to stop more junk mail. I’m getting an increasing about of junk or spam mail. The senders name is all question marks, that should be easy to stop. ?????

338th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. THE NOTICE AT THE TOP OF SPAM THAT WILL NOT ALLOW US TO UNSUBSCRIBE THESE SPAM EMAILS!!!

Would you PLEASE STOP putting that message at the top of the messages that went to "SPAM"? When I try to UNSUBSCRIBE, it won't let me because I would have to say it's NOT spam before I could do it and I do NOT want to say it's NOT spam when IT IS!!! I just want to be able to UNSUBSCRIBE when I know or FEEL it's spam! the images have been blocked but if we feel it's not spam to mark it "not spam" and THAT'S not what we want to do; the ONLY WAY we can STOP companies…

338th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. only 18 spams today. used to get no more than 1 or 2., FIX it.

only 18 spams today. used to get no more than 1 or 2., FIX it.

338th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base