AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Spam Controls, they are just not working. I have gone from no spam to 8-10 spam emails a day! AOL you need to get this sorted

Spam Controls, they are just not working. I have gone from no spam to 8-10 spam emails a day! AOL you need to get this sorted.

353rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Spam or Junk mail has increased, can’t AOL stop the massive amount of spam mail? I’m getting messages where the sender is all question marks

AOL technical support needs to stop more junk mail. I’m getting an increasing about of junk or spam mail. The senders name is all question marks, that should be easy to stop. ?????

353rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. You should be able to block the disgusting spam mail we get. Every day i must get 20 or so ugly spam emails.

We should not have to pay for you to block spam mail. I get 1-20 spam emails a day if not more. You can't even block them from coming. My block list is unbelievably long. STOP them from coming

353rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. SPAM

A lot of my mail from Amazon and Nextdoor goes to SPAM. I move it to the inbox, enable links and images and mark it as not SPAM. I close out my mail and when I reopen it, everything is back in my SPAM folder. I am strongly considering closing this account and changing my email address.

353rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. THE NOTICE AT THE TOP OF SPAM THAT WILL NOT ALLOW US TO UNSUBSCRIBE THESE SPAM EMAILS!!!

Would you PLEASE STOP putting that message at the top of the messages that went to "SPAM"? When I try to UNSUBSCRIBE, it won't let me because I would have to say it's NOT spam before I could do it and I do NOT want to say it's NOT spam when IT IS!!! I just want to be able to UNSUBSCRIBE when I know or FEEL it's spam! the images have been blocked but if we feel it's not spam to mark it "not spam" and THAT'S not what we want to do; the ONLY WAY we can STOP companies…

353rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. only 18 spams today. used to get no more than 1 or 2., FIX it.

only 18 spams today. used to get no more than 1 or 2., FIX it.

353rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Block email address/domains on mobile devices

Why is it not possible to add email addresses or domains to the block list on the AOL app or from the AOL website on mobile devices? It is ridiculous that I have to login on my laptop to perform such a simple task.

353rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fake Ads.

Please ensure that ads shown are genuine, I have just seen the Bit Coin / Dragons Den fake advert pop up.

353rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add counter to mail filter entry to know how many times filter rerouted input entry

with counter in mail filter entry and possibility to sort by this counter will be possible to significantly improve filtering process

I have 40+ years of IT experience and can improve AOL services if I get position at AOL. With millions of H1B visas I as US citizen can not get IT job

353rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Turn OFF SPAM filtering on my Account!!!

Turn off SPAM filtering on my account!!!

456th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please STOP asking for my phone number - I made the mistake to give it to AOL, and promptly rceceived 3040 SPAM calls, some from my OWN #

Please STOP asking for my phone number - I made the mistake to give it to AOL, and promptly rceceived 3040 SPAM calls, some from my OWN #

456th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. spam

why does aol have so much f%%king spam? None of my other FREE accounts even come close/.AOL really sucks and I would quit but after 30 years so many people contact me via my email that it is daunting. STOP THE FLIPPING SPAM

456th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I mark messages in the Spam folder 'Not Spam' but the continue to show up as Spam. I have missed important messages not in Inbox

I mark messages in the Spam folder 'Not Spam' but they continue to show up as Spam. I have missed important messages that don't make it to the Inbox, but continue to be marked Spam.

456th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. why can't I block unappropriate email spam?

Why can't I block unappropriate email spam?

456th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 456th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Spam Filter fix

Please add the "word" filter back to spam settings. Although 99% of my spam emails get blocked, it's getting ridiculous with the amount of spam emails I'm getting. The "word" filter worked!

456th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Blocking spam

There has been a big uptick in spam email since the Corona virus struck. How about a spam blocking option like they have in Hotmail and Outlook? A couple of clicks and it's done. No guess work, no digging around to find the sender's address and it works.

456th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Unsubscribe does not work.

How about you leave well enough alone and go back to letting us click 'SPAM' and you eliminate that email and all future go to SPAM. Now I get a notification from AOL about 'do I want to unsubscribe - we will send a request to the sender....' That way, later on I get a bounced email and continue to get their **** in my inbox.

456th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please stop the spam!! I can’t mark the domain all the time because it’s always changing and it’s like 100 a day. Get better filters.

Get better filters for spam. It’s not possible to filter every domain when they constantly change.

456th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 456th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)