AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. MOVE SPAM

I wish I could off the SPAM filter. But, until that is possible how can I move a SPAM message into my IN BOX? Currently, checking the box to the left of the header and then clicking "MOVE TO IN BOX" sends the message to who knows where but it is not in the IN BOX. Currently, checking the box to the left of the header and then clicking "NOT SPAM" sends the message to who knows where but it is not in the IN BOX.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Improvement to SPAM Folder

When I first go into my AOL email, and find a SPAM entry, I put a check in front of it, and click the SPAM button at the top of the email window. A window pops up, and asks me if I want to unscubscribe from this email? I click Yes, but it does not go to my SPAM folder until I click on the SPAM button at the top of the email window, and say No to the same question. The email moves to my SPAM folder. If I find another SPAM, I put the check mark in front…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. If mail is going into the spam folder automatically it is an indication that the spam filters are working. We do recommend that mail in the spam folder is not accessed unless you know for sure it is a legitimate contact. By accessing mail in spam you run the risk of confusing our internal filters or worse compromising your account.

The unsubscribe option is only for mail you willing subscribed to such as a newsletter. You never want to unsubscribe from spam mail as it too may confuse our internal settings.

For any further questions or concerns please feel free to reach out at https://help.aol.com/.

3. Don't give ADMIN'S access to personal information! One put out spam info on me and my family, including a child. Just threw it out on there!

One of your admin's sent out probably 5 or 6 spams on my family requesting they join these groups with each of my family members as a head of it. One even a child. WTH?? That is misuse of my personal data if I ever saw it. If you are out of CA, this could turn out very poorly for you if you continue to do such things. There are laws against this. I'll be in touch with my AG if I don't get a written response. I'm tired of this woman's harassment. Lose her or lose the large group…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Every member of Team AOL must abide by AOL’s privacy policy. Only authorized AOL employees are permitted access to your personal information and, even then, such access is limited by need. For example, if you call Member Services or the AOL Customer Support Team, the representative is allowed to access only the personal information that he or she specifically needs to address your concern. In addition, our partner companies are required to adhere to confidentiality agreements to ensure that your information remains safe and secure.

All AOL employees are required to acknowledge that they understand and will comply with this privacy policy. Employees who violate our privacy policies are subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.

We strongly encourage our content, commerce and advertising partners to post clearly their own privacy policies and to have privacy control systems in place to protect your personal information. Be sure to…

4. spam settings

Your Product (ahem!) 'Support'(?!?) does not help one iota...as a reply which you gave as...."Due to recent adjustments to the AOL Mail platform, the Spam Settings customization, are no longer available for all accounts. We apologize for the inconvenience. In order to block a specific sender, go to Options – Mail Settings – Spam Settings and add the email addresses in the box below “Block Mail from Addresses I Specify”, then click Save Settings at the bottom, and in case you receive unwanted emails in the Inbox, mark them as Spam.".... DOES NOT WORK EITHER!!!!!
    I enter the email address…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

After typing the email address in the ‘Block mail from addresses I specify’ box, press Enter on your keyboard or click on the + sign at the end of the box. After you are done adding all the email addresses you want to block, click on ‘Save Settings’ at the bottom of the page.

5. Not More SPAM Autodelete

Just need a warning before SPAM messages are automatically deleted. Thanks.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Do you call people on the phone? I was told somebody was using my email address.

today, got a phone call from you informing me that somebody was using my email address. Does your company call people? The man had my complete email address. He wanted me to go to my computer and I said no that I use a computer at the library. So what is the deal? Was this a real call from you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Spam/Fraud

Received this the other day...

AOL Mail Team colemanandco@eircom.netHide
    To noreply noreply@mail.aol.com
    Dear User,

Due to lots of inactive email accounts. we are ensuring all AOL users to verify their accounts with us.

If no response is received within a short time, this account will be presumed inactive and will be deactivated.

Please Re-validate your account to enable an active account .

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Kind regards

Copyright ©2019 AOL Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. auto-delete spam box after content exceeds 100 entries

I have well over 1000 spam messages I have to delete each month. I can't possibly block everyone because they change the sending address.
    Auto delete would accomplish this easily, or at least give us a Spam "delete all" option so we can clean up our account.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can hover over the Spam folder, in the right side of it, a Trash button will appear, this will delete all your emails from that folder.

9. Issue with guce.advertising.com and logging in

I know this has been discussed, but the topic was closed with no 'real' work around or fix. I work as a contractor for an un-named US government agency and they use bluecoat proxy. That software is flagging guce.advertising.com and will not let us pass. We've attempted to white list it, so that we can access mail, but this has been denied. It is unfortunate that I am unable to get to the email for which I pay (it is not 'free' but comes with the internet access I pay for). Please give us a usable work-around, or choose a…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In case you have an Ad-block extension in your default browser, pause it before signing into AOL Mail, and after the Terms of Service consent page loads, click OK on the bottom and you will be redirected to your mail. After this you can re-enable your ad-block extension.

10. Please check

Eric, No Medical Exam, No Waiting - Save Up to 70% on Affordable Term Life!

Wed, Oct 2, 2019 8:48 am
    Fidelity Life Online Quote **Hide
    To *

I have been getting emails addressed to " Eric". I do not know who Eric is. Strange.. please check it out for me if U can
    I

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Email from AOL Member Info - Subject: Unexpected Sign in Attempt

I received an email from AOL Member Info in my Spam folder. The subject is Unexpected Sign in attempt. Is this a legitimate email? If so, why is it in the Spam folder? Also, when I hover the cursor over the email address, it says that there is none.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. can't save spam settings

I can't save spam settings. Is there a hidden limit to the number of blocked domains?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Two clicks instead of 4,5,6...

Why is there no (trash can) next too the Trash Or Spam buttons???
    Used too be an easy two click process to empty trash or spam.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. "Delete forever" from Spam should get verificaton prompt. I was trying to rescue something and lost it instead.

I tried to select the item and drag it to another folder. It disappeared from SPAM but didn't appear in the other folder or anywhere else. A simple "Do you want to delete forever' prompt would have been helpful if that was the default I was unintentionally tripping.

BTW also ****that this is what passes for customer service. I'd say I get what I paid for but I got this account through Verizon so I DID pay, dammit.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Block an email

I can’t find mail options on any app or logging in through safari does it have to be on pc version ? I need to block a contact from harassing me

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to block a specific sender, go to mail.aol.com from a laptop or personal computer, click Options – Mail Settings – Spam Settings and add the email addresses in the box below “Block Mail from Addresses I Specify”, then click Save Settings at the bottom, and in case you receive unwanted emails in the Inbox, mark them as Spam.

17. Give instructions on how to solve this problem

Question-How do I remove 2 emails that won't let me remove them? One is an ad with no box to check and the other an empty email. Others might like information on how to do this, as well.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. imgsync

Why am I getting ImgSync from image8.pubmatic.com pop out along the bottom of my screen (where I'm asked if I want AOL to keep me signed in) whenever I log into my AOL e-mail? It does not happen any other time. I clear browser history, cookies, and cache every time I shut down my e-mail and I remove all cookies and trackers several times a week. Yet the problem persists! Can you do something about this? Do I have to find another ISP?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We recommend disabling the your browser extensions, and also running a virus scan on your computer. If the issue persists, check if you encounter the same issue when accessing AOL Mail on different browsers.

19. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Webservice

I am using your filter by address but you have made it impossible because the beginning of the e-mails start with Webservice and then change. I believe you, Google, Facebook are all continuing to find ways to ignore the privace requests of your users. I have added the word to block 2 different ways and receive over 100 junk e-mails a day at times. IF this continues, I will be forced to abandon the aol account I have had since 2008 and find a more secure mechanism. Please stop removing features that make my e-mail account more manageable. I remain…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The best way to resolve this is to mark the emails as “Spam”, that way you can train the spam filter to better identify unwanted emails in the future. You can also block specific senders by going to mail.aol.com – Options – Mail Settings – Spam Settings, then adding the senders emails address in the Sender Filter’s block list.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base