Skip to content

AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

9 results found

1. make it easier to delete

WHY do we have to go through 3 keyboard processes to delete the **** spam you dump in our spam folder. MAKE IT ONE PROMPT to check all and delete all. Just like GMAIL

2nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Asterisk Wild Card

I'm getting tons of spam messages and most of it seems to be coming from the same sender. The syntax is similar in the email addresses and off just enough so that AOL does not allow me to block them. I can no longer block domain names nor can I use the asterisk as a wild card to block similar addresses. So the spammers are changing their email address just enough to bypass my choices with AOL to block them. What can you do to investigate these people and get them to stop?

6th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Android phone mail.

In an open email, the pop-up selection on the MORE menu - could you please consider moving the "Mark as spam" option lower in the choices and not at the top of the list. I don't know how many times I have accidentally hit than instead of "Mark as unread".

16th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. make it easy to forward AOL spoof/phishing to your security people

other sites have an email to which received spoof/phishing emails could be forwarded for review by their security

one would THINK that AOL would be interested in seeing those apparent spoof/phishing emails that reference AOL accounts (that are getting through your SPAM software) >>>or maybe not

this seems to be on the uptick and without it, use of AOL becomes a poor choice

23rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Spam/privacy settings - need to be able to turn off read receipts

Need to be able to turn off read receipts - spammers and scammers use them to see if the account is live. If you want to report them to the email platform they are using, you have to open the email! Catch 22!

33rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Stop 'renter-info' spam

My junk mail folder is flooded with American spam. Although I'm pleased that this is directed into my spam folder is there some way to block it permanently? It uses different headings so I can't block it that way, however most of it comes from the same source:

renter-info@0lwbM-funkybeatsillusions.co.uk,

renter-info@2xXYE-soryrblintation.com

renter-info@yKR1U-ninstressminatrol.com

Is there some way AOL could stop this particular spam source permanently? Thank you Paul

56th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. SPAM mail

I had 15 pages of SPAM today. The repeat senders keep growing and growing. It is almost impossible to try to delete all of them using the cumbersome method now available. It would take a very long time every day. Almost all of the SPAM emails are obviously SPAM. AOL should be stopping these mailers and not allowing these senders to keep flooding us with this type of mail. I will have to leave AOL if something does not change because it has gotten totally beyond my ability to deal with it.

56th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. How do I report a bogus AOL email address? An AOL account that is one letter off from my account is soliciting funds from my contact list.t

How do I report a bogus AOL email address? An AOL account that is one letter off from my valid account is soliciting funds from my stolen contact list. Please help.

56th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. SPAM

EXCESSIVE SPAM

SET UP FOLDER: UNSUBSCRIBE
    WORKED
    BUT NO EMAILS FROM CLARK.COM
    CLARK.COM IN CONTACTS
    ERROR MESSAGE: API KEY MAY BE INVALID OR ATTEMPTED TO ACCESS WRONG DATA CENTER
    PLEASE FIX OR TELL ME WHAT TO DO NEXT
    THANK YOU
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS
    l

56th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here