AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Users Responsibility For Their Account Passwords

I am sick of your system not allowing users to set my password to what they want by giving notices saying "Your new password is too similar to your previous password" or other such messages. I understand that you do this for security, but as the account owner I want to set my password to what I want and so long as I have not been hacked my password is still safe no matter what it is even if it was the exact same as the previous password. STOP MAKING THINGS MORE DIFFICULT FOR USERS BECAUSE YOU WANT TO BE…

27th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  90 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Let ``read'' messages stay in New Mail until I delete them!

Do NOT delete New Mail as soon as a message is read! This is very annoying and does not happen in gmail, which I prefer. Allow the user to hold the message in New Mail, delete the message or send it to Old Mail. Otherwise keep all New Mail messages until the USER moves them. I spend an hour a day searching for messages in Old Mail that I want to keep after I read them.

103rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. my aol mail SHOULD auto delete after the mail is auto forwarded to my verizon.net account?

my aol mail SHOULD auto delete after the mail is auto forwarded to my verizon.net account?

175th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 238th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. two step verification - locked out of my account

Allow you to recover your account online if two step verification fails.

The email address set up for two step verification I no longer have access to and no help is provided. It's circle of support that leads to no solution - even if I speak to someone on the helpline.

I can no longer access my emails.

294th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. AOL BROWSER

Dear AOL

“When is AOL going to function as before when most people were proud to belong?”

AOL should be allowed to operate as a stand alone app irrespective of Verizon or Oath. Gone are the days.

Regards.

175th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Aol Mail app keeps signing me out (iOS)

Constantly have the same issue with the ios version of the aol mail app. I have either two or three aol email accounts that I'm logged into on the app. When I either open the app to check my emails, or when an app notification for a new email appears on the lock or home screen, and I swipe to open it, it brings me to the log-in screen to re-enter my username and password. All of my aol email accounts that were signed into through the ios app require me to sign in again. If I opt not to…

408th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Aol Mail app keeps signing me out (iOS)

Constantly have the same issue with the ios version of the aol mail app.
    I have either two or three aol email accounts that I'm logged into on the app. When I either open the app to check my emails, or when an app notification for a new email appears on the lock or home screen, and I swipe to open it, it brings me to the log-in screen to re-enter my username and password. All of my aol email accounts that were signed into through the ios app require me to sign in again. If I opt not to…

294th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Increase the maximum allowed Filter Settings - 50 is not enough

The Filter Settings, with their limited function, require us to set one filter per each action. With a maximum of 50, this is not enough. Either increase the maximum number of filters or add better functionality to the filter settings. For example, with Gmail you can add multiple email addresses, comma separated within curly brackets to tell all my subscriptions to filter to my "Subscriptions" folder, just as an example.

154th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Falsche Einstellungen

Mein AOL erscheint nur noch in Englisch, obwohl als Sprache Deutsch eingestellt ist.
    Bitte umgehend ändern.
    Danke und Gruß
    Dirk Alsdorf

408th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Settings

I like it like it is. But I keep getting a message that saids update my AOL mail. I do not know how to do that
    Settings

629th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. my emails are going to my spam ... I have tried settings but they all go to spam.

under mail settings. my preference is to get current mail in my inbox. It goes to spam. What is the problem?

629th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Not receiving emails

I actually was told that I received email and I didn't get it. I think I am hacked

408th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Information Requested  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. When you read a mail item, it goes to old mail before you can delete it. So you have to go to old mail to delete it. It didn't used to be

Keep a read mail in the new mail category until you log off and log back on again. Otherwise you have to go to old mail to delete every read mail you don't want to keep.

294th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. No ads at the top of my e-mail list

No ads at the top of my e-mail list. It looks like a new e-mail and I click on it by accident. Would rather have the ads on the right side.

408th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. No ads at the top of my e-mail list

No ads at the top of my e-mail list. It looks like a new e-mail and I click on it by accident. Would rather have the ads on the right side.

408th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. sorting emails

I want to be able to sort my emails on my computer and not just on my phone.

294th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. If you do not give me ANY way to delete Trump propaganda ads from my inbox, I will discontinue all use of AOL, I am a thirty year customer.

If you do not give me ANY way to delete Trump propaganda ads from my inbox, I will discontinue all use of AOL, I am a thirty year customer. Do you get it?

408th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 629th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Use to be able to delete emails a page at a time.

Use to be able to delete emails a page at a time.

294th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base