AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I wanted to generate a third party app password but "Sorry, this feature is not available right now!"

Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to wait until the feature becomes available? How long do I have to wait?

1st ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're very sorry app passwords are currently unavailable for AOL Mail accounts. Rest assured, you can still access your mail from the AOL Mail app or via a web browser. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

2. REJECT ANY EMAIL, WHEN THE RETURN ADDRESS IS NOT VALID.

REJECT ANY EMAIL, WHEN THE RETURN ADDRESS IS NOT VALID. Many spam emails have not a valid return address.

2nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I'm getting VERY irate over your leftist woke BS news feed. Take it OFF my email page!

Quit giving us all that leftist ******** on our mail page, I hate seeing all those **** deepstate LIES, every **** time I open my email page! I'm quite certain many others are just as annoyed but won't bother to complain about it. I am **** tired of all the ******* propaganda being shoved in our faces from every news program and places like this, that should not be giving any kind of news at all, you are an email provider, do THAT and nothing ELSE!

2nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Why are you starting to show me this ASPCA starving dog again? He is showing up daily again. This is absurd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why are you starting to show me this ASPCA starving dog again? He is showing up daily again. This is absurd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please stop sending me AOL sponsored advertising of starving dogs from ASPCA.

The ol' starving dog is back again. This time after I sent an email. This is not spam, this is AOL sponsored advertising.

6th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to adjust emoji skin color

Include the capability to adjust the skin color of the emojis.

6th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Give User the option to add sent mail addressees to address book

In Keyword settings, give the option to automatically add email addresses to address book for outgoing mail that is to a new addressee

6th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Deleted SPAM addresses should AUTOMATICALLY BE SENT to "Block Unwanted Mail" list.

ALL AOL PROGRAMS, especially AOL GOLD should automatically BLOCK SPAM address or at least have the option to do so. Any and ALL deleted SPAM addresses should AUTOMATICALLY BE sent and ADDED to the AOL "Block Unwanted Mail" list. Probably the reason it isn't already is AOL is partly corrupt and in paid cahoots with certain SPAMMERS and/or AOL Programmers either don't know how to set that up or have been instructed not to by AOL Veeps. Either way, it's idiotic and antiquated and renders inept, impotent and poor service for which AOL now has a global reputation.

4th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Put from field back to email address, stop assisting hackers and spam using fake from.

AOL started loading the from column with the fluffy and often fake user supplied alias and not the actual email address that they originally used. The fluffy from alias often says "Home Depot" or "Lowe's" when it comes from one of a few spam domains, not the company they are ripping off the brand of!

IF AOL wanted to be really smart, they would not only show the email address but also sort by domain component right to left and then by the user name before the @, so all the email for .de or .uk or .ru, where spammers…

4th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. CASE 18610247 - can't open any attachments from my inbox from emails it gives me an error code {"error":{"code":"ET-5006","requestId":"47

{"error":{"code":"ET-5006","requestId":"47a4f40e-04e0-e536-2f2c-5a000b01d100"}}

ATTACHMENTS ARE NOT Opening in my email account

CASE 18610247

6th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. icon/avatar for email

Could we put our own profile picture as the icon/avatar for aol mail, please (rather than two letters)?

6th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. make restore point for contacts

my contacts restore points appear to be 6 and 12 months old. Any way to increase the frequency, or to force a save point when I edit/add/delete a contact?

6th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Comments under articles

I saw one of your lower articles that said "Garth Brooks settlement breaks the headlines'". I went through approximately 60 devorice reports and didn't see any article about Garth Brooks.

This is typical for these type of articles.

WHY DON'T YOU ACTUALLY REPORT WHAT YOU ADVERTISE?

The only thing you have going for you is the fact that my email address is out to 100's of people.

You're a mere shadow of what you started out to be.

44th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Firefox reply mail

Hi, as of the most-recent Firefox updates in Win11, the "Your Message Has Been Sent" pop-up window appear BEHIND my taskbar, which is at the TOP of my screen (the way any normal person would WANT it!😁). And there is NO way to close that window unless I reorient my screen 90 degrees.

SOLUTION: When we OPEN an e-mail, there is a BLUE & WHITE X on the right side that is BELOW the frame of the window. But when we SEND a REPLY e-mail, that Blue Box disappears in the "Your Message Has Been Sent" window -- PLEASE ADD…

6th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Readability Mode--It's not just font size

I agree with all previous posts about readability mode font size--it needs to be bigger. While size matters, that's not all. Changing from normal to readability forces the lines closer together which is contrary to enhanced readability. It is actually more readable to use the normal display and ctrl+ . All in all your efforts at readability are poor and need improvement.

44th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. smooth out the fonts. too digital

Font is fuzzy and eye irritating to read.

6th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Font  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The popup ad just overwrote the advanced search feature so I can't access it. I am trying to clean up my unread emails.

Allow better access to advanced search, in the search box. Also allow quotes to search for a phrase. Now if you put in a 2 word phrase such as "Berkeley Engineering" it finds all lines with Berkeley or Engineering.

6th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. a way to type in a description of particular e-mail

type description of e-mail so you don't have to open it to see who it's from. Have many e-mail from same sender, BUT have to open it to see who it's actually from. (facebook, intagram, AOL, etc,}

6th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Keep the sort features in all versions

Keep all sorting features in all versions of AOL. Whoever decided to change that should know sorting is very important in any database structure. Please put it back.

6th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. no reload icon

Put the "reload icon" back in the new aol mail - this should not have been omited

6th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base