AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shorten the username requirement

At present it takes username@verizon.net too long waste of time

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. reading pane

Why no reading pane option for left of screen? The way it is now is the most inconvenient way to view. Choice to move to left would actually make using the pane easy. See Outlook for template.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. restore COVER X instead of repeated COLLAPSE

restore ADS COVER X instead of repeated COLLAPSE

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Zombies on login page are not welcome

Many reasons why this is offensive; I don't want to list them.
    Please remove them and use better judgment in future.

200th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. FLAWS and INCONVENIENCES Need Correction

1. It takes too long to pull down a box, when the options all USED TO appear automatically on the top line where you now have the useless "Sponsored" that does NOTHING in which I am interested.

2. Even using the pull-down box, I can't find a way to FORWARD.

3. Put back the SENDER in the first column. I know what I want to read by seeing who sent it. I DO NOT want to have to read a long line before getting all the way to the right side to see who sent the message.

4. WARN us…

142nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Delete newsflare from the home page.

MAKE NEWSFLARE AN OPT IN OPTION.

200th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Mail Away Message Area - create a window there for customization without being away

Regarding the mail away message area - please create a window there for the user's customization without being away. Thank you.

126th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Can't change display name on Android Google Chrome (and other options)

There is no option on Google Chrome on an Android to access many options for my settings and preferences. This is very frustrating.

160th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Place "recently deleted" after sent so you don't have to go back. Also put back "Save" and "Save as"

Place "recently deleted" after sent so you don't have to go back. Also put back "Save" and "Save as"

142nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I do not like the faint lettering on my favorites bar. The words used to be easier to read because they were black instead of gray.

Improve the lettering and readability of the saved sites on my bookmarks bar. The letters look gray instead of black. Too difficult to read now.

92nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. allow users to invite friends to events in calendar settings

allow users to invite friends to events in calendar settings

200th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Verifying other accounts does not need done more than once or twice a year

Please provide option WHEN (such as 60 days, 200 days) the user wants to verify accounts. I am using another AOL account, but cannot be in both accounts at the same time. I have to find another device, if one is available, or jump back and forth between accounts.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Sweep function

Please add a sweep function to allow all emails from a selected sender to be deleted with a single click. This feature is available in Outlook and some other email providers, and is very useful for de-cluttering an inbox.

82nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. pane

allow reading pain to be moved to the left

200th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I need an option to send an email directly to my PC letting me know that I have email in my spam folder on the AOL site.

I automatically download email to my PC using the PC mail program, so I don't log into the AOL sire very often. And I forget I should check periodically for spam on the AOL site which is not really spam that I should release to my PC. It would be great to have a spam option to send an email directly to my PC letting me know that I have spam in the AOL folder that I can check.

160th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Another font such as: Born Ready from www.fonts.com

Could we please have a nice informal font such as: BORN READY
    from www.fonts.com

160th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Font  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 200th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. “how do you remove the 'before you go' re-sign in. Every time should not be happening”

“how do you remove the 'before you go' re-sign in. Every time should not be happening. I used to look on the AOL home page now I check my mails then, delete, or move them to relevant folder. Then sign out. As soon as before you go comes up I close the window

200th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Put the close button closer on the left. It's way off in the corner.

Put the close button closer on the left. It's way off in the corner.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base