AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Put the settings with the processes again!

Put settings with the processes again!
    You previously had it where we could adjust the mail processes on the mail screen, but it's not there any longer. It's off, hidden, in some mysterious location that can't be found but portions of the settings can be found via the mail "HELP" menu.

Very silly.

Put everything related to a service WITH that service rather than around the corner, behind the ficus plant, and next to the filing cabinets.

You look for tools of a program within that program. Not in another program unrelated to the program you were using, for each…

632nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. By NOT having us hit an "ok" on an email we delete! Its' a waste of time!!

Every time I delete an email I don't want, a square shaped "pop up" comes on the monitor and has "cancel" and "ok"! When I delete something, I delete it; I don't want to have to keep hitting an "ok" on an unnecessary pop-up! It's time consuming and irritating at the same time. Can we please stop getting those??

189th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I can honestly say that your browser/interface for email is one of the worst I have ever seen

I have persevered with the interface since the conversion from Verizon and I must say it has not gotten any better. You would think there would be some improvement or at lease up to the standards of the current century.
    Let's go people. Do something even if its wrong.

632nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to retract unread sent emails

unable to retract unread sent email

632nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Keep up with the New Breed of Internet Services

You are definitely the best internet service provider. With competition from
    Yahoo back in the day. You used mail-in disk service like Netflix. Because of too much popularity your systems were overloaded from a lack of forecasting the success of your platform. You have to update your methodologies in order to succeed in today's marketplace.
    Best Regards, Pat... !!!

1018th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Improve the AOL "Help" Feature

You should amend your "help" feature so that customers can describe the specific (technical) problem they are having and not have to go through the various answers available on your site, which may not be applicable. In my case, I have a problem all of a sudden where my emails seem to go to the Trash or Junk file of my addressee. I go through your options, but none fits my problem. It is very disheartening. Thank you

632nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 456th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Outage and Technical Alerts

Need an alert system for AOL mail members to let them know when the mail service is down. A text alert system would be great. Today I could not download documents on my PC or on my phone. This made for a very unproductive work day. If I had confirmation that it was a server issue as I suspected it was, I could have made alternate arrangements to receive the documents I really needed to download today.

189th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 456th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I need a dark background. Have asked already 50x. Give us a night view at least if you do not allow back ground uploads.

Please allow us to upload a background, your banner alone is a joke. Google and Yahoo allow you to do that. And if not give us a night view option. I hate a white boring channel. I have asked AOL 50x already. When will it happen?

189th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sweep function

Please add a sweep function to allow all emails from a selected sender to be deleted with a single click. This feature is available in Outlook and some other email providers, and is very useful for de-cluttering an inbox.

161st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Edit Functions

I should be able to control my information on this account. Add edit function to options account info to allow me to add or delete phone number

1018th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1018th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Folders Header Settings

We need an extra column header in the folder : "send To" ! when l move an e-mail l have sent in a folder it only shows my adress in the column "From"...l dont see the point !

353rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Limitations on categories

Why are there only three categories in the calendar system (Personal, Birthday and Holidays). It would be beneficial to have others such as work, meetings and travel, etc. or at least a way to color the three categories differently.

222nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. WHY IS @AOL.COM added at the end of my new blocked email addresses???

Why does every email address I put into my blocked mail add @aol.com to the end??? What software did you deploy today that was not tested properly 12/12/18 I put the entire email address in, so there is no need to add this, it is already a valid email address.

456th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 249th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add, Not Take Away = More Paying Customers

How can you really expect ANYONE to like your service? You have continued to reduce and take away features that we once enjoyed! It never improves from the moment it starts. Instead, you reduce it and make it more difficult and lame. How does this make good customer support/service? This has been the problem of AOL since its inception. You still don't get it. Add features, don't take away! Follow Google!

1018th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Adding profile picture setting for email receivers to know what the email sender looks like

When people send an email it would be great for the receiver to see a picture of the person sending the email, just like the profile picture setting in Gmail. When an email receiever receives an aol email they see a blank photo representing the email senderl. Please look into fixing this issue to be more streamlined like your competitor email services

1018th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I really love this email, AOL. I've used it since high school and am now in graduate school. It is very easy to use.

I really enjoy being able to change the theme of my email. It allows me to express how I'm feeling or my mood for that moment in time.

1018th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base