AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 632nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Inserting photos or pictures you only have 3 size options it distorts the picture I don't want to attach it

I dont want just 3 sizes for inserting photos they look blurred can we have it back to normal I don't want to attach I belong to a group we see previews as we open them it also makes photos blurred when sending to family they have to be you're size small, medium, or large well some come inbetween.

632nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. mark items as new even when read already

On then main 'New Mail' page when I have read an email but choose to keep it as new I need to know it is going to do that, Therefore either put a flad/tag to show it is being kept as new or revert it to new i.e. shown in bold.
    Thanks

456th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 456th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow automatic forwarding of incoming messages without leaving of copy of the messages

I would like to be able to choose to forward all my incoming messages to another email address and not keep a copy of those messages on the original server.

249th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. include social media sites with ads

why not include social media into mail with family ads? i'd buy into that!

1018th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. need to be able to 'see' my password in my admin area---(not just black dots)...folks like me that may need to change to a different browser

Need to make visible in the admin area of my account a place to see my password...not just black dots..

If you don't understand my suggestion then you aren't experienced enough to understand the solution..

1018th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bug: Sorted folder loses sort when all marked and set to read.

To have a stable working set, i move all my incoming mail toa "Sorting" folder. Today it was set to sort by From. I clicked to check all and then set them all to 'read'. I lost my 'From' sort, had to click the header twice to regain the sort.

632nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please add the current Date and Time to the top of all pages

Please add the option for a current Date and Time box. I have no clock on my computer

353rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. fix the order you throw things out

you don't throw trash away in a barrel by sticking it down the bottom of the can by the date you received it from the store...so why don't you sort the mail we discard in the order we discard it!

632nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Why can't I edit the subject line in an email in my inbox?

It's really annoying that we can't edit the subject line in an email. For instance, my real estate agent sends emails with the subject line Properties of Interest". I would like to edit that to show which actual location the email is referring to.

632nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I use to be able to enlarge the smilys , know I can not and they are really small

I use to be able to enlarge the smilys , know I can not and they are really small

249th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. stop sending us **** about what we have to sign up for, OATH, bs, more junk mail than ever, you sold our emails on the open market

stop sending us **** about what we have to sign up for, OATH, bs, more junk mail than ever, you sold our emails on the open market

456th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Delete ALL messages

When I select all msg to be deleted AOL always asks if I'm sure. Of course I'm sure or I wouldn't do it! How can I avoid this annoying msg?

249th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make it so I can use my iPad to block email addresses because none of your mobile apps have the option to do so.

I should be able to use all of the things I can on a computer, while logged in to AOL, as I should on my iPad? That just kind of makes sense.

249th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Filter contacts by phone number

Provide options to filter contacts by phone number. Largely helps in filtering unwanted email addresses that have got auto added despite disabling that option.

632nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I need an option to send an email directly to my PC letting me know that I have email in my spam folder on the AOL site.

I automatically download email to my PC using the PC mail program, so I don't log into the AOL sire very often. And I forget I should check periodically for spam on the AOL site which is not really spam that I should release to my PC. It would be great to have a spam option to send an email directly to my PC letting me know that I have spam in the AOL folder that I can check.

296th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. address lines.. enlarge the to: line as we cannot tell if we put a small o or q. it only shows some of the word.. thank you.

the address line needs to be larger so you can tell what letter was typed. you cannot tell an "o" from a "q" when the bottom or top of a letter is cut off. Thank you.

249th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Is there any way to change the settings to where your deleted mail can be pulled up for a longer period of time?

Is there any way to change the settings to where your deleted mail can be pulled up for a longer period of time?

456th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Making Drastic Changes!!

Stop moving "Favorites" links around and/or eliminating them!!!

632nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base