AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need an option to Delete a Sent Item

Some networks allow users to delete a sent item before it is opened.
    Since the "Save Draft" and "Send" buttons are next to each other, we need an "Unsend" button.

430th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 430th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 604th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 279th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I HATE being forced into using red fonts from links, not being allowed to change the color. GET RID OF THEM!

I think AOL should not be dictating the color of links I choose to embed in my email in RED FONT. UGLY! I can't stand them.

The color RED should not be written in stone. We need to be able to change the color. RED is not always palatable, and I, for one, have trouble viewing the color red. It's ******* my eyes. I can't even change the color to a dull red!

Fix it, please!

973rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Blinking words within emails

It would be great if there was a way to not only highlight words in an email, but to have them 'blinking' as well.

973rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Delete ALL messages

When I select all msg to be deleted AOL always asks if I'm sure. Of course I'm sure or I wouldn't do it! How can I avoid this annoying msg?

279th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When i open my mail the first mail is open for 2seconds then goes to old mail. This started when you did changes. This might be just on my a

My first mail is going to old mail before i have chance to read it. This is a problem since you did the changes.

973rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 973rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Updating Account Information

Lately AOL has been asking me to update my contact information by adding additional phone numbers, email addresses, etc. You seem only to accept mobile numbers, but you don't say so. When I add my landline number, you assume it is a mobile. Then I just have to remove it. This happens on several accounts.

973rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please CARE about AOL member wants & restore EMAIL ALERTS sending text notifications when certain sender mail was received --

Not everyone lives online.

If AOL wants to keep members & give value, stop pushing unasked for products and services and please deliver those functions and features this long-time member actually relied upon & utilized frequently.

Really tired of indifferent AOL customer service.

I am PAYING for this ACCOUNT, but AOL delivers incredibly poor customer interaction, and trying to gain assistance, even when the source is AOL technical difficulties, is just infuriating. With every issue and contact, I get closer to leaving AOL. . .

What is WRONG WITH THIS COMPANY that they cannot listen -- or grasp that they…

973rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Create "move to" folder algorithm for move "after" or "if older than" date

I have a massive inbox. I would like to move bulk mail into "year" folders. If I could at least indicate all of like "2017" emails to a folder I could reduce the inbox to maybe 4 back months of emails, and have yearly saved folders.

973rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow the option to display full name and/or email address instead of username only on the email homepage.

At present, on the email page that lists the emails, on the top right area (next to home, visit blog, and favorites; above the sign out and options links) there is no option to change the displayed name. Only the username is shown. It would be great if there could be an option to change the username displayed to email address and/or full name.

430th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add counter to mail filter entry to know how many times filter rerouted input entry

with counter in mail filter entry and possibility to sort by this counter will be possible to significantly improve filtering process

I have 40+ years of IT experience and can improve AOL services if I get position at AOL. With millions of H1B visas I as US citizen can not get IT job

338th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. by putting dopler, radar and satelite back on the weather

by putting dopler, radar and satelite back on the weather

604th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please after I erase a message from my inbox take me to the next message (like it was before) Do not take me to Inbox preview.

Please after I erase a message from my inbox take me to the next message (like it was before) Do not take me to Inbox preview.
    It used to be like this.

430th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. AOL blocks me from using my other AOL account, demanding verification through email or TXT message or through third email account (associate

AOL should be less parochial.
    I am traveling, and AOL notice "unusal activity" - blocking me from accessing my other email account, while demanding some form of "verification" involving my cell phone. I DO NOT USE CELL PHONE WHILE TRAVELING ABROAD. AND I MAY NOT HAVE ONE. I HAVE PROBLEM WITH LOGGING TO MY ASSOCIATED EMAIL ACCOUNT, WHICH IS RARELY USED. Getting login info for the side email account is troublesome, and demanding it is unexpected. Please devise less difficult ways of verification. AND: users of AMERICA (onLine) may sometimes leave their parish and visit monks in Tibet. Or in…

973rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. If I

If I forget to sign off when leaving my computer, will it "auto sign off" after a certain amount of time?

973rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. let under sixteens use aol mail

Under sixteens still might need mail. Just because they are younger it does not mean they do not need it. My daughter is at secondary school and needs email to get help from teachers and sometimes her classmates for homework. She can not have one because all email sights we have tried you have to be over 16! it is a joke AOL mail we all need an ANSWER to this VOTE IF YOU AGREE!!!

973rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. reading pane

Why no reading pane option for left of screen? The way it is now is the most inconvenient way to view. Choice to move to left would actually make using the pane easy. See Outlook for template.

430th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base