AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Why did you move the "from" column to the middle? I hate this new view

The old version was perfectly fine. Why did you move the from column to the middle of the page. It is distracting and illogical.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

By default, we block access to AOL Mail from outdated apps that could leave your account vulnerable. If we sent you an email indicating that your app is using outdated security protocols or you’re unable to log in from an older app, you still have several options available to you.

If you prefer to continue accessing your AOL email on your current third-party email application, including the default email application on your mobile phone, please see details below on how to ensure it’s syncing with the latest secure sign-in method: https://help.aol.com/articles/allow-apps-that-use-less-secure-sign-in

3. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. remove all aim.com

While updating my AOL account info today I noticed my email listed to be *@aim.com instead of *@aol.com, which I have had since 1994.

This may have something to do with when AOL dropped the AOL Instant Messenger.

Please correct this and delete *@aim.com; I only want *@aol.com

Thank You

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

The option to delete the @aim.com would not be possible since that would mean deleting your account. Both @aim.com and @aol.com share the same mailbox and in case your account is the one with the aim.com domain, then the @aol.com is your account’s alias. When composing emails at mail.aol.com through a laptop or PC, you can choose your default sending account.

5. WHY am I getting these? I get at 3 per day

© AOL Web Portal ****
    From Admin Office
    Your Web e-mail account Requires Urgent Upgrade to avoid suspension.
    Click Here to Upgrade
    Best regards,
    Web Manager Desk

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Email address hacked?

I'm sending email to friends who tell me the email address they are seeing is not mine (mine is *@verizon.net and they are geting some odd address *@verizon.net) - wondering if I've been hacked? Wondering what I should do?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is your email alias, which was automatically created when your Verizon email account was setup.

The alias in no way changes your user name and does not create a new mailbox; it becomes the mailing name associated with your primary account and is immediately ready to use in order to send and receive email on.

To setup your default Send From address in AOL Mail, open the Compose window then click the drop down arrow from your email address. If you need additional assistance, please contact us at help.aol.com

7. verizon outlook

My Outlook stop connecting to my AOL (formerly verizon email). I tried to create an app password but the AOL account security does not provide a drop down menu for app name. How do I reconnect? Thanks

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi again. There is no dropdown menu for an app name. You can enter the name of the app and copy the generated password.

To resolve this issue, you’d need to remove your account from Outlook then use the generated app password to reconnect your account in it. If you need additional assistance, we can be reached at help.aol.com/contact/

8. message on AOL

Why am I suddenly receiving this message on AOL, never been a problem before ?
    Video Not Available
    Unfortunately, this video is not available in your region.
    RS-100-202

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I keep getting red screen and can not go around it. "Dangerous" pops up. What are you doing about it?

Something about IL????? is trying access my account. The instructions to check details and how to fix it, do not work,

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

This issue was since fixed, please contact us at directly on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook on our AOL Customer Care page in case you need help in the future. If you do not have a social media account, please contact us at help.aol.com

Thank you!

10. Error Message

Right now I'm getting an error message when I try to download from the website. It says "Website with Harmful Software Warning" Any clues?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

This issue was since fixed, please contact us at directly on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook on our AOL Customer Care page in case you need help in the future. If you do not have a social media account, please contact us at help.aol.com

Thank you!

11. Just had a load of the following appear in my mailbox. MAILER-DAEMON@aol.com Failure Notice 3:37 pm message from MAILER-DAEMON@aol.com

What is this stuff???

MAILER-DAEMON@aol.com Failure Notice 3:37 pm

message from MAILER-DAEMON@aol.com subject: "Failure Notice" Sent: Tue Sep 14 2021 MAILER-DAEMON@aol.com Failure Notice 3:37 pm

message from MAILER-DAEMON@aol.com subject: "Failure Notice" Sent: Tue Sep 14 2021 MAILER-DAEMON@aol.com Failure Notice 3:37 pm

an unread message from MAILER-DAEMON@aol.com subject: "Failure Notice" Sent: Tue Sep 14 2021 MAILER-DAEMON@aol.com Failure Notice 3:37 pm

an unread message from MAILER-DAEMON@aol.com subject: "Failure Notice" Sent: Tue Sep 14 2021 MAILER-DAEMON@aol.com Failure Notice 3:37 pm

an unread message from MAILER-DAEMON@aol.com

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Where is your password manager that creats secure, random generated password AND remembers them (Like benefit LastPass)rs them

Where is your password manager that creats secure, random generated password AND remembers them (Like benefit LastPass)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mail Settings

I can't get into my mail setting to stop my out of office message. So now people still think I'm out of office. How do we get that fixed?
    V**

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Deliver what you promise in your product offering.

I pay 4.99 per month for no advertising on the welcome page.
    What's the box (25% of the 4 boxes) that appears with an Ad in it as I toggle to Today on AOL? And why is it showing an AD for a hotel I just checked out of last weekend? Get rid of that **** or I'll get rid of you.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. update date of birth

update date of birth from my husbands to mine. he has passed away.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. i did but it all just dissapeared, just like my composed letters, it all stinks, go back to what works

hate each time you change the format which is often. the most recent is horrible, can;t forward emails, jumping all over the place. hard to get a contact to send forward. the whole change is deplorable, why change something that actually worked.....really fed up with the time it takes to get to a contact etc. hate it all where are all the emojis now?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. "Sorry, we don't recognize this email." message when trying to log in.

SHOCKED TO GET MESSAGE "Sorry, we don't recognize this email."
    WHILE LOGGING IN. Secondly, the emails sent by me from my following account has NOT BEEN DELIVERED. I request a reason for the same.

NOW MOST IMPORTANT !!!

FROM MY USER ID "**@AOL.COM" . I sent email from this VERY ACCOUNT TODAY, 3rd Sept. 2021. But now it says:
    "Sorry, we don't recognize this email." When I am trying to log in. Feels frustrated and breach of trust. PLEASE RESTORE THIS ACCOUNT IMMEDIATELY !

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are many reasons an account may be deactivated. Among them would be inactivity, a violation of our terms of service, a request by the account owner or etc. While we are limited in the information we can share in Social channels, in most such cases, a new account would need to be created. For additional insights you can review our Terms of Service here: https://legal.yahoo.com/us/en/yahoo/terms/otos/index.html or, visit help.aol.com if you wish to obtain additional information. Thanks for reaching out.

19. Fraudulent Activity

Fraudulent Activity: Someone is pretending to be this email address: (*******@gmail.com). The user is soliciting money under the disguise of Ms. Faye Highsmith. Please trace this fraudulent activity immediately. Thanks.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. stupid aol

Get rid of thr ******* UK setting, when i am located in the USA..What the heck is wrong with you dummies?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When you see incorrect local information (such as the news or weather for a different location) on your Welcome Screen, you may want to verify your location is correct. This can be done by making sure your correct City, State is in the top left of your Welcome Screen.

If it is not, please click “Update Your Location” under Local News and Weather, enter your Zip Code and press Save.

If this does not work, please clear your cache, cookies, and history.
    Here is an article for instructions: http://aol.it/1KTJUg6
    Then try adding in your Zip Code again.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base