Skip to content

AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1170 results found

1. We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, we'd like to hear more about this issue. Could you please contact us at help.aol.com so we can look into it? We're also available on Twitter @AOLSupportHelp.

2. Glitch, suggestion, feedback

Running into a glitch - when I'm composing (MacAir, Ventura, Firefox) I can't do a "return" (new paragraph). System won't let me. I save the draft, refresh the screen, get the draft back and then it works. Started about a month ago.

Suggestion - add subfolders

Also: love love love AOL mail!! The windows on the update are great. Super reliable after the outages in the early days several years ago.
    Thank you!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, we'd like to hear more about this issue. Could you please contact us at help.aol.com so we can look into it? We're also available on Twitter @AOLSupportHelp.

3. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. why is my contact list completely empty and when I add to it the addition disappears

Please let me make a list of contacts and KEEP it, not keep losing it.
    Dorothy McQuaker

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. How do I group delete all my inbox emails at once?

I want to group delete all my inbox e-mails at once. How can I accomplish this?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi. You should be able to select all your Inbox emails and delete them at once, when you click the box above the emails (near From column). If you have a rather large number of emails (more than 10,000), it might not select all your Inbox emails. If you need additional help, you can contact us at help.aol.com 

6. I cant get emails now

I was forced to upgrade. They said they were closing my account unless I upgraded. Then I was forced to change my password. When I logged in the next day, I didn't have any emails. I looked in my spam folder then moved one of the spam to the inbox - and it moved okay. When I called the help desk, they said they would restore my emails for $39.95 a month. HI-WAY robbery. About $500 a year. They shut off the email, but I'm still getting spam coming through. Sounds like blackmail to me.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Webmail

When I delete an email using AOL Desktop Gold, it is showing correct on AOL Desktop Gold, but when I try to check in webmail, I have to refresh the page in order to see the update. Before when I was deleting an email, it was automatically updating in webmail without having to refresh the page.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Signing into AOL on my phone

My AOL app on my phone goes directly to a Home page. I am only checking mail on my phone. AOL recently changed the app to go to the home page. I have read comments from AOL that you are working on updating the app. Please take the time to update this app as soon as possible so your customers DO NOT waste time being diverted to a home page. Thank you

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. aol mail sort dies not review sort setting after sort before display

If you click sort while aol mail is busy sorting, like from sort ascending to sort descending, the visual indication arrow changes but the script fails to look at it and displays the obsolete sort data. You can click on the folder to get your sort. The sort script should recheck the sort indicator before composing a new display, in case it is a waste of time and a visible failure to honor the sort indication. This is an old bug. Maybe nobody there uses aol mail on a computer or connections low enough for the click to get ahead…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Unread E-mails

Why is there no setting on what to do when an e-mail is deleted? I prefer to leave my e-mails marked unread, but the new mail format automatically moves on to the next one in my inbox when I delete it.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Mail delete

I can not delete my e-mails on two brousers, firefox and edge

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We regret to hear this. Please try clearing your browser's cache and cookies and disabling any existing extensions or enhancements. If the problem persists, let us know at help.aol.com and we'll look more into it.

12. Contact list use

On occasion I need to "print" a contact list - new email requires Export - which I could never get to work - and when you "post" it the actual email addresses are hidden behind "names"??? Old allowed me to put list in an email - copy - and paste where I want it!! much better for me!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. how to turn off automatic loading of images

Disable automatic image loading

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Date heading

Sorting my mail with date headings takes up too much space on my screen. I can see by the date when the mail came in, I don't need a heading to let me know it was yesterday, or last week or last month

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It is annoying & most inefficient, when a customer puts in RIGHT username & password, ONLY to have you deny it. What's THAT all about?

You need to explain WHY you choose to reject correct user/pw when put in and force user to CHANGE their password. Absurd & most inefficient on your part. Thanks for holding us "victims" of your incorrectness.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Email Problem

Please fix the problem with the hard return while composing emails.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. AOL's email

This EMAIL is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. In America we speak and read ENGLISH. WHY does my greeting screen sometimes throw spanish language in my face? ONE COUNTRY, ONE LANGUAGE.

when we try to curry favor to those who are too lazy to learn the language of the country they fled to, we are insulting all the people who live here. Those who don't want to become part of the American Society should go back home. When in Rome, you do as the Romans. Don't insult Americans by speaking spanish in public. Learn the language so we can all communicate with each other. blend in.

why does aol have screens in spanish popping up on Americans screens? This is the United states of America. NOT the United States of SOUTH…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Recently you may have noticed an increase in email going to the Spam folder for senders using Office 365 and other Microsoft products. We are in the process of addressing this issue and expect it to improve over the next several days. Please keep marking the mail in the Spam folder as “not spam” or “ham” and that will help to correct the issue. Thanks for your patience.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base