AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I don't want another email added to my account

I wont be at my job forever, that is the other email contact I've entered. I need it taken off and only be able to use my Aol mail.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Thank you for submitting your feedback. Unfortunately, we are not sure what your comments were about and are unable to properly action your feedback. Could you please provide a bit more detail for us on what you’re commenting on? Thank you so much, and have a great day!

2. Give instructions on how to solve this problem

Question-How do I remove 2 emails that won't let me remove them? One is an ad with no box to check and the other an empty email. Others might like information on how to do this, as well.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. continual change in my email format without my request. Please leave my new incoming email listed in date order received.

my email settings changes without my initiation. I want my email in date order from the newest received to the ones I have read.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for reaching out to us. Can you please try to use other browser and let us know if you still have the same problem?

4. I'm TRYING to print out my contact list. You give me a screen I must do it from, then the screen doesn't give that option to print?

I can't print out my contact list. You tell me to print from a specific screen from File, and go from there. The screen you give me doesn't give me any options. Please help?
    Thank you,
    thankyoulord12@aol.com

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for reaching out to us. In order to print your contacts, please go to your Contacts folder and in the top bar, press Print and a drop down will appear. Select the desired option and your contacts will be printed.

5. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback about the ads. Please note that with your membership you can activate for free the benefit " Ad-Free AOL Mail ". Check mybenefits.aol.com for more information.

6. pdf

Is there any way aol CAN support attaching PDF files because I simply cannot attach any pdf file to an email - a pop up box comes up which always says that the attachment must be either a JPG or PNG file but NEVER a pdf file - is there any way I can change this? please help.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. AOL Application issue

I and my wife are having the same problem with our AOL App. on our cell phones. Once we have opened an email information from that email is transferring from that email to other emails in other folders. I spoke with AOL tech. twice and explained that we had both uninstalled the AOL app. and reinstalled it back and are having the same issue. When we check the AOL email using Google Chrome there is no problem.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To set a different default font, please go to “Options” under your username and click on “Mail Settings”. From the left panel select “Compose”, On the drop-down under “Default Font and Color” select the font that you wish to have.

9. have a problem with one of my email addresses

one of my email addresses has been receiving facebook stuff that is addressed to someone named Georgia. should I delete that email address or is there another solution?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are continually making changes to improve your experience. If Spam is bypassing the filters, marking mail as Spam or Not Spam is the best and most reliable way to bring spam under control. You can “filter” incoming mail in AOL Mail to make certain emails go directly into the folders where you want them — or, to make unwanted mail from specific senders go straight into Trash or Spam. Note: You can create up to 50 filters. Here’s how to set up Filters and Alerts: 1. In the upper-right corner next to your Username, click the down arrow, and then click Mail Settings. 2. In the left panel, click Filters and Alerts, and then click the Create filter button in the middle of the page. 3. The “Create Filter” window opens. Give your Filter (or Alert) a name, and fill in as much detail as you’d like. 4. Under…

10. bullet points

Suddenly I format messages with bullet points and they disappear when I send them. This makes my organized message very hard for the recipient to read. Why is this happening and how can I fix the problem?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We recommend using the ‘Standard’ version of AOL Mail. To switch to it, simply click the ‘Options’ menu located in the top right corner of the screen, then click ‘Standard Version’.

11. delete

You need a command to delete all the e-mails in a folder easily. Trying to click the box on 800+ e-mails to delete them is silly.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you’d like to delete all emails in a folder, please check the box in front of the ’’From’’ column and click Delete.

To delete multiple emails:

1. In your Mailbox window, press and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard, and then select the emails that you wish to delete.

2. Click Delete.

To delete multiple consecutive emails:

1. In your Mailbox window, press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard, and then click the first email that you wish to delete.

2. Now, hold the Shift key down, and click the last email in the list. This will select all the emails between the first email and the last email that you have selected.

3. Click Delete.

12. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to activate sounds when you receive an email, please go to “Options” and on “General” tab please make sure to check “Play a sound when new mail arrives” and " Play “You’ve Got Mail” alert at login if there are new messages" options.

13. I send bulk text msgs as e-mails to a large group. It works very well, but texts to t-mobil users don't go through. Why not?

Need to see if there is an issue with e-mails to addressed t-mobil format (********@tmomail.net). They come back with the message "550: permanent failure for one or more recipients (*******@tmomail.net:blocked)".

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The error 550 indicates that the recipient has configured their account, possibly inadvertently, to only accept mail from certain addresses and/or domains. The recipient will have to change their mail settings in order to receive mail from you. AOL cannot override these settings.

14. Please dont merge this into the generic solution that doesnt work - I cannot check my AOL/Verizon email from Gmail anymore

I logged this before and it was merged with the catch all idea to delete your accounts and re add them. THIS DOES NOT WORK. Something has changed on the AOL side to make adding these accounts to Gmail not work. I have a few Verizon/AOL accounts in Gmail that work fine BUT, if I edit them and try to update the password, they fail to connect. If I try to add another Verizon account, it fails to connect. I cannot Add or Update verizon accounts in Gmail anymore. If my passwords ever change, I will be finished because I…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I am trying to highlight and file emails and there is a blue shadow that won't allow me to check and file. It keeps deleting the check mark

This is not an idea it is a problem I'm having with trying to check and file emails in folders. There is a blue highlight that come across my email and keeps deleting my check mark either above or below the email I am trying to move to a folder. Very annoying. Please fix. I am very upset right now and I am shutting down.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. How do you "delete" folders out of your aol.com..mail?

I can delete the emails our of a folder but having issues deleting old folders that I don't need.
    Any suggestions? Probably something simple.

Thanks........

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please hover over with your mouse over the folder, press the Edit button, and press Delete

17. Experience Reading Emails from Either a folder or Spam box

I have been complaining for weeks I can not access Folders that i have saved on AOL with Using a Computer either with Google Chrome or IE Explorer or FireFox. Dont tell me to clean my cookies and history because i do that every day religiously.

Please there is server issue please get it fixed

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. wrong sender name displayed

I have been hacked immediately after signing AOL's coercive Oath Policy to prevent the closing of my accounts. Now this is what appears as my Sender Name: NEW OATH POLICY ******.
    I have followed the AOL directions for what to do if one's account is compromised. Nothing has worked to get rid of this Sender Name that is appearing in every email I send.
    Question: why didn't AOL anticipate such an attack (happened in the cloud, btw), prevent it, warn its users?
    I will leave AOL asap if this can't be cleared up immediately.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please go into Options → Mail Settings → Compose and change the Display Name.

19. Password

Why is my account coming up automatically before I enter my username and password? I did not ask for my password to be remembered?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please clear your cache and cookies: help.aol.com/articles/clear-cookies-cache-h… This will eliminate the possibility of the issue being caused by cache stored on your browser. Then make sure to uncheck the ‘‘stay signed in’‘ option from the sign in page at mail.aol.com.

20. Print

Is it really so difficult to have a stripped down printable page? Some Emails are worth keeping as a hard copy.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to print just the body of an email, please open the email and press the Print Email icon.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base