AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Must sign out to access Word when writing email. Where did Icons on bottom page go??

when writing emails I suddenly cannot access other files such as word without leaving, signing out and in again. There was a bar on bottom which has recently disappeared

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

In case you do not see the Windows task bar when you have your browser opened, it is possible that the browser window is set to show in full-screen. To disable the browser full-screen mode, press the F11 key on your keyboard.

3. Correct my email address

When Verizon converted to AOL, the 'helper' misunderstood and made my entire name my address and said that he could not change it back. Very inconvenient.

I'd like to change my email address to something else.
    Thank you.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. AOL compose.... where is the paper clip..to include an image?

Compose.... where is the paper clip...which used to allow
    one to post an image with the text ?
    I think aol mail has gone downhill for two years...it has
    become harder and harder to use.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to compose an email with image, please make sure to click on “Insert” button which is located near “Attach” icon.

5. the Oath and other sites

"I ACCEPT" is bs. I have accepted and accepted and accepted. still pops up. Knock it off!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It sounds like you’ve accepted our updates already. The best way to check to is to log in from a desktop computer to http://mail.aol.com. If you receive a pop-up message asking you to review and accept, that means you haven’t accepted yet. If you are taken to your inbox directly, then you likely already accepted and are good to go.

6. update name on personal info

I have followed the directions to update my name on personal information, but I have not been able to edit the name when I click on it, per the instructions.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. am not able to open file folders

I am not able to open file folders, says working

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, in order to avoid this error message, please do not use dashes (-) in any of the contact information fields.

If you still encounter issues, please contact out help department at : aolmailquestions@aol.com

9. How do i get to my services

How do i get to “ my services “

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you want to manage your account or premium subscriptions, go to myaccount.aol.com and log in. If you want to check your AOL Benefits, go to mybenefits.aol.com .

10. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

AOL and Yahoo are now a part of the same company, and so we were able to make this process very easy for you!
    We highly recommend migrating your content over to Yahoo Portfolios, because of its robust finance platform. Yahoo Portfolios is free and easy to use! It’s a part of Yahoo Finance. If you’re not already familiar with it, Yahoo Finance offers really helpful features for its members like:

- real-time market data
    - relevant original and partner content, and
    - a continually expanding set of financial data.
    It also provides members access to global financial market data, commodities, currencies, indices, and cryptocurrencies.

In order to migrate your portfolio, please follow the steps from the section titled ‘Migrate your portfolio to Yahoo Portfolios’ from the following help article: https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-portfolios-will-be-discontinued

11. Print calendar pages

How do I print my calendar pages so I have a hard copy in case all blows up.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. why do you allow emails with no sender to be sent in your system? I get emails all day where is say "None" in the sender spot.

Why do you allow emails to be sent with no sender. I get emails several times a day with the word "None" for the sender, when i open the details the sender email address space is blank. How can I block this it is always spam I am surprised you allow this.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Regarding your issue, please follow the next steps:
    Go to: Mail > Options > Mail Settings > General > Uncheck the box : “Show sender names instead of email addresses in message lists” > click Save settings

Also, In order to block a specific sender, go to Options – Mail Settings – Spam Settings and add the email addresses in the box below “Block Mail from Addresses I Specify”, then click Save Settings at the bottom, and in case you receive unwanted emails in the Inbox, mark them as Spam.

13. Not receiving emails on phone without computer signin first

I have been unable to receive email on my iPhone first thing in the morning without signing into my account on my computer first. This is very frustrating and inconvenient, especially if I need to receive important emails before I am able to get to my computer. I must say, AOL is making it more and more difficult to want to stay with your service. Granted, I am a free user and was forced to your service when Verizon left my area. I haven't made the leap to another service changing my email address I have had for over 10…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In case there are multiple failed attempts, to log into the IMAP/POP server in a short amount of time, the login will be temporarily blocked for security reasons. In order to unblock it, go to mail.aol.com from your preferred browser and sign in, then wait 30 seconds and check if your email applications are able to connect. We recommend checking all of your mail applications (PC and mobile devices) and making sure they have the correct password to login into your email account.

14. inviting people to a calendar event

Can't figure out how to do this. Nothing is obvious

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can share your AOL Calendar as a web page or as an iCal URL that others using any iCal application can access. Here’s how:
    Click on the drop-down arrow next to the calendar you want to share and then click Share this calendar.
    In the ‘Web and iCal Access’ section, click the radio button next to Private or Public.
    Click the Email This Link link under HTML (to share as a web page) or ICAL (if you want to share with other iCal applications).
    In the email window that appears, enter the email address of the person(s) you want to share your Calendar with and then click SEND.

15. When you send me a fraudulent sign-in E-mail specify both the time and time zone

You sent me an E-mail stating that "On October 10, 2018 at 2:42 AM, we noticed an attempt to sign in to your AOL account " and I was about to reply that it was not me, since I was asleep at 2:42 AM, then realized you might be talking about Pacific Time instead of Eastern Time. Make sure to always note the time zone when you send time specific E-mails like that. Now I am unsure whether or not it was me.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re always interested in opportunities to improve our products and services, so we appreciate when our users take the time to share with us. We will make sure that this gets to the appropriate team for review. Should you have any additional feedback, please don’t hesitate to reach out again and tell us all about it.

In order to identify suspicious activity and what actions you need to take, please check the following article: https://help.aol.com/articles/account-management-identifying-suspicious-activity

16. Redirect or Push email

On IOS I can only 'Fetch' new data and not have it 'Pushed' to my iPhone. I need email instantly and not every 15 minutes as the settings only allow. Other than this, how can I redirect my mail to iCloud where I can have it pushed to me?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The IOS environment supports 2 kinds of email notifications – Push and Fetch. After a recent update, AOL Mail was designed to work with Fetch, which will check for new emails at regular time intervals. You can decide how frequently the app checks.

17. Can't sign out and Oath emails

Can't sign out please assist - I am clicking on the sign out button it is not working. Also I am repeatedly getting emails allegedly from Oath threatening to suspend my account unless I confirm my details. They do not have the little blue symbol on between the senders name and the subject that is supposed to confirm they are from aol so I am deleting them. Please advise if there is a genuine issue.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please clear your cache and cookies in your browser and then try again to sign in/sign out: https://help.aol.com/articles/clear-cookies-cache-history-and-footprints-in-your-browser

Regarding the scam emails you’re receiving, please mark them as Spam, it will generate a report that goes to a team focused on such experiences can review and take the appropriate action. For security reasons, they’ll be limited in the information they can share back, however, we’re dedicated to ensuring our users don’t abuse our system, and the Community Action Team will act accordingly.

18. FAVOURITES

YOU STILL HAVNT HAD THE DECENCY TO COME BACK TO ME AND TELL ME WHERE MY FAVOURITES HAVE GONE AND IF ILE EVER GET THEM BACK. last time you said you were working on it. please stop lying and tell the truth.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You will always be able to access your email and favorite places through an external browser like Chrome at mail.aol.co.uk or aol.com/favorites/migrate.

The emails you have stored locally on your AOL Desktop will remain accessible in a read-only format. You will be able to see your emails using the old version of the AOL Desktop software, but you will not be able to send and receive new emails. To read more about this, please check the section titled “How do I access my local email messages in the old version of AOL Desktop?” from the following help article: https://help.aol.com/articles/what-happens-to-my-email-if-i-do-not-upgrade-to-aol-desktop-gold

19. Invalid addresses tnt coming back as rejected

Incorrect or invalid e-mail addresses mailed out are not returned as rejected. Why ?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for reaching out. If a recipient address is misspelled and you did not receive a bounce back message, it is possible that a mailbox exists for that email address, or that the email was accepted and queued by the recipient domain.

20. We(the community) can help AOL by NOT deleting the spam folder contents

If we all leave the spam un=deleted it will accumulate and eat server memory. This will eventually have economic impact on AOL and they might take action against the spammers instead of allowing it to arrive in our folders where our children can see the **** and other BS.
    I think its possible that aol benefits from spam volume....

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base