AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Email does not list and therfore i can not select or read emails

It would be nice if the email listed the emails and allowed me to read them as the old AOL did

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix E-mail

How about returning to the old way when it comes to sending an e-mail to deleting an e-mail. It now takes me more time so what is the benefit to all. Thank you for letting me vent but down deep I know it won't change.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Why does AOL change email addresses? I have sent emails to people with me.com and after I send it you have changed it to aol!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY does AOL change email addresses when I send them? Example: me.com when I send an email to people you change it to aol.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please make sure the email addresses are complete, including @DomainExample.com . In case the domain name is not included in the email address, the username will be treated as an AOL account and @aol.com will automatically be added at the end.

4. Lost all my calendar event overnight. Pls. advise.

Lost all calendar events overnight. Pls. advise

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. bookmarks no longer working from aol

Cannot transfer to another site via bookmark in MS Edge for the past month or so, must open another tab and access the bookmarked site from there. This used to work just fine - clearing the cookies and other suggested remedies do not do the trick.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While we do our best to provide the most relevant information and solutions to our members, we can only provide assistance for AOL or one of our other products or services.

We recommend that you contact Microsoft support for assistance.

6. Allow a search a contact in the full contact list to fidn them and allow editing their information

Searching the quick contact list lets me insert the contact into the email. If I want to edit any of a contacts information I have to go through the whole list of contacts to find them to make any changes to their profile etc..

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. back up

How Do I Back Up Email To Hard Drive?

In a PDF format or whatever. There used to be an AOL toolbar which offered this, no? What are current options?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Why do you keep telling me there are spellling error's ? My name is spelled correctly...it is not an error...dba stands for doing bussiness

stop telling me there are spelling errors it adds another process that waste's my time ...my name is spelled correctly...dba stands for doing business as ...coi stands for certificate of insurance...the people I am writing to UNDERSTAND THE TERMINOLOGY

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can disable the option to automatically check spelling before sending a message. Go to mail.aol.com-Options-Mail Settings-Compose-Sending and uncheck the box from ‘’Check spelling before sending messages’’. Scroll down and save settings.

9. How often is the Spam folder cleared

I currently have over 800 emails in my spam folder. I thought the limit was 250.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. What is wrong with your Weather site ? it is not 9 degrees here ...40's & 50's

what is wrong with your weather site ...has shown 8 or 9 dergrees all week while it was 69 yesterday and 40's 50's today

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If the weather on your homepage is incorrect, please verify your location. This can be done by making sure your correct City, State is in the top left of your Welcome Screen. If it is not, please click “Update Your Location” under Local News and Weather, enter your Zip Code and press Save. Then try going to Weather.aol.com to see if this information is aligned with our weather source Weather.com.

Also, please clear cache, cookies, history, and footprints in your browser then repeat the instructions: https://help.aol.com/articles/clear-cookies-cache-history-and-footprints-in-your-browser.

If the issue persists, email us at aolmailquestions@aol.com.

11. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In case the picture is embedded in the email body, you can right-click on it and select ‘Save as’ in order to save it on your computer. If the picture is an attachment in the email, you can click on the file name (in yellow) at the top of the email, to download a local copy.

12. This is not an idea but a complaint. I keep getting these AOLReminder messages that I have not requested or asked for. Please stop them.

This is the 2nd request to stop these aolreminder messages I keep getting in my inbox with no way to unsubscribe or stop them. Please stop them or tell me how to do so. They are extremely aggravating & I have no intention of signing in to whatever they are pushing!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The new format is terrible--the type is so small and run together it's nearly impossible to read. I need ALL new mail not 2 weeks!

My idea is to go back to the old format! Impossible to read. Impossible to access more than 2 weeks of email--one scroll! Either fix this fast, or I'm going elsewhere. I've been with aol since the beginning but this is ridiculous and impossible to deal with!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hello: the format of aol mail has changed? mail rec'd 'from' self changed from the left side of mail to about the middle of the mail? Is t

The format of incoming mail changed? Incoming mail "from" changed position from the left side to the right past the middle position? Is this correct and automatic? I did not request this unless this is appropriate from AOL. Does something need to be done or is this ok? thanks in advance.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. When I read an email, I should be able to just go to the next one, instead it goes to opening page with all the news I already read. How do

When I sign on, I get today's news, but I do not want to see that page each time I read an email. Why does it keep popping up.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I would like to stop e-mail addresses from automatically going into my contacts list.

I would like to stop e-mail addresses from automatically going into my contacts list.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Go to mail.aol.com from a laptop/PC, click Options-Mail Settings-Compose and on Sending, uncheck the ‘’Automatically add email addresses to Contacts’’ option. Then scroll down and save settings.

18. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  Product Support responded

The labels are visible only if one or more emails are selected. We’re always interested in opportunities to improve our products and services, so we appreciate when our users take the time to share with us.

Thank you!

20. I have discovered a bogus email address listed under my correct address in the compose section of my "options". how do I delete it?

there is a bogus email address written under my real address in the "options" section - settings. I cannot delete or edit this out of my profile. very suspicious . want it GONE! how do I do that?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base