AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Received phishing/ spam post

Aol Customer Care (mattanne56@aol.com)To:you (Bcc) Details
    AOL
    Incoming Mails On Hold
    Dear User,

We notice your email has not been confirmed for the new upgrade .You will be blocked from sending and receiving emails if not confirmed within 48hrs of receiving this automated mail. You are required to Upgrade through the link below

Update Your Account Now
    To login, you'll need your AOL ID. This is usually your email address.

The link above can only be used once. It will expire in 48 hours.
    Warning: failure will cause permanent Deactivation if you do not Validate!
    Thanks,
    AOL

Well…

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop all the Spam

Spam has overtaken your site. I had two people block for years, and now the account has been overtaken from sexual emails (getting hard, longer squirt school, etc.) I also have noticed a lot are ending in UK email addresses. There has to be a way to stop these types of emails coming through and protect us, which I am a paying customer. Please do something to fix it, and it is not just putting a filter to send them to the trash folder. I have always felt safe with AOL, and that is dimensioning. At a minimum, there has…

274th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Spam should display number of unread items. This is essential so that items are not missed.

Spam should display number of unread items.

This is essential so that items are not missed.

Often very important email is sent to spam

I have to look at the spam folder every time I check my email

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. AOL has not responded x2 re: broken spam notification

Since AOL has not responded to two previous notices that the spam notification has not been working then it can be decided that AOL is purposelessly allowing intrusive marketers to deliver spam unhindered to user email. Unless I go directly to spam folder there's no indication spam has been sent.

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. SPAM

The spam has increased exponentially again. AOL please do your job! We pay for this service!

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Checking to see if email from AOL Upgrade ServiceⒸ (ark1jc2jc@aol.com) is legitimate or spam

Is email from this provider legitimate or spam? AOL Upgrade ServiceⒸ (ark1jc2jc@aol.com)...........

Email says:
    "We emailed you last month to let you know about changes we are making to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. These changes are key steps towards creating what's next for our consumers, like you, while empowering them with transparency and controls over how and when their data is used.

You can learn more about Oath and what these policies mean for you here, as well as more about the changes in our FAQs.

In order to continue to access your AOL account…

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. keep getting request fro aol to update my mail service . Is this spam?

I keep getting a request to update my aol mail.Says it is from aol. Is this spam?

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. currently checking on our email server to delete all inactive users

I keep getting the following in a suspicious email repeatedly.

"Dear Valued User,

"Starting on October 25th, 2021,Verizon customers who have not confirmed their email account will no longer be able to log in to their Verizon and through email addresses.
    We are currently checking on our email server to delete all inactive users, Kindly confirm that your email is active by Log-In on the link below.

Confirm Active Mail  (the link goes to https://typefoamt.weebly.com )

Sincerely, Verizon! Team
    ©2021 Verizon! . All Rights Reserved."

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Spam

Who is the "genius" who decided we can't delete more than 20 pieces of spam at a time. Sometimes I have 400+ and it is irritating that I have to take 3 different clicks to remove only 20, when I should be able to remove them all with one click.

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Spam icon not showing number of pieces in folder

I don't like the change to the spam folder which no longer shows how many pieces of mail are in the folder next to the icon like New Mail and Drafts. I use to just glance at this folder to see how many were in there now I have to open it up. I just figured this out and don't understand why you would make this change.

2nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  76 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. move spam button

Segregate more the Delete and Spam toolbar buttons, they are right next to each other and it's easy to accidentally mark something as spam when one mean to delete the message.

28th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Increase AOL's spam address blocking file from just 1,000 address to 5,000 or MORE!! Thank you.

My AOL mailbox receives many, many unsolicited emails. I do use the AOL feature of right clicking on the unwanted emails. That allows me to send that email's address to the AOL blocking file. That file has a limit of 1,000 blocked unwanted email addresses. In just a few months I have added 751 unwanted email addresses to that file. The unwanted email addresses file will soon be full.
    Please expand your AOL unwanted email address file to 3,000 or 5,000 or some unlimited number. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

28th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Block without opening 2

Opening any e mail you do NOT recognize is a risk for a hack. We REALLY need this safety feature. Can you MAKE IT HAPPEN ?

Block the MASTER sites and all other SPAM mail stop.

18th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. NOT SPAM button is STILL missing.

Simple concept really.
    Site techs actually FIX what THEY claim it there, so that it ACTUALLY IS there..

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. moved spam address to block

Allow user to forward a spam address to block list. Way to much coming in.

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Search for name in aol does not include search of Spam folder = Big Pain

You ought to make it possible so that when I search for a emails with a particular name in them that search includes emails in my Spam folder. From time to time I totally miss emails due to lack of this feature. Don't see why you cannot easily fix this.

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Have an option to 'DELETE ALL CONTENTS IN SPAM FOLDER' with one click

At the moment i have to select page by page to delete. Why can't we just have the ability to 'select all' to delete.

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. BLOCKING

In addition to blocking certain senders please add blocking on subject line content

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. anti virus

How bout AOL stops advertising their pointless anti-virus software to me every time I click on my inbox. This isn't the dawn of the internet, I'm not going to follow an advert and subscribe to your garbage anti-viral software on a whim. I would however like to open my inbox without delay. Also I will be telling my grandma not to subscribe as well and any other elderly.

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base