AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop Blocking Important Email

I haven't been getting important emails. (I connect using POP3) I just logged in online and found a bunch in the spam folder. (I don't have any spam filters set. This appears to be the only on/off.) Email was so much more reliable back when verizon handled the verizon.net addresses. AOL email is lousy and undependable at best. There is also an intermittent problem receiving important emails hosted by site5.com. Please stop the arbitrary blocking of emails being sent to me.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please, please, stop the "Microsoft Azure" banner ad at the top of the email list from flashing and repeating!

The banner ad thumbnails are a nuisance, but tolerable. However, the Microsoft ad that repeatedly cycles is extremely annoying and distracts from what I came to the page to do - read my mail. Tell Microsoft that it is making me so mad, I will not even consider their product. And tell the AoL ad manager that this kind of annoyance may drive me away from AoL.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. AOL Spam mail delete buttons are incorrect.

To delete Spam mail there is an empty button in both New mail and Spam mail. In Spam mail after pressing empty there is an unnecessary confirmation needed. In New mail after pressing empty Spam there is a missing confirmation and users can mistakenly loose mail without seeing the Spam folder first or at least stop the action. The buttons need to be reprogrammed in the right places. This change is urgently needed.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. You may have cost me my biggest client.

DO NOT MERGE THIS WITH ANY OTHER REQUEST. IT IS NOT THE SAME!!!!!!!!
    I used to be able to have the spam filter turned off. Suddenly, AOL started deciding what was spam. I don't see this on Outlook where I collect my message. I had eight orders from one company go into spam. Give back the option to disable the spam blocker. I can decide for myself what I want to keep and what I want to delete.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Move Spam button

It would be great to move the Spam button away from the other buttons. When it is in between two frequently used buttons (Delete and More) it is entirely to easy to hit it accidentally when trying to delete or move an email that is not spam.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. martin lewis fake add

Bit coin ad, for Martin Lewis on my email home page - thought Martin had stopped false advertising - AOL do your bit and remove these liars.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I am sick and tired of seeing soliciting from women. That to me is prostituion and i want it stopped!!

Every day there is at least over 20 or more either thinking my e-mail is a man's or they are just looking for someone to click on for them to make money. I know I can delete, but trying to get them to stop sending.

101st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. block emails in one easy step

To block an email address I have to take 17 steps ( copy, paste, save etc). Why can't there be a block and delete button next to each email received.

70th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Thank you AOL, My "Block mail from Spam addresses" all is now well. Its good to help customers.

Thank you AOL, My "Block mail from Spam addresses" is working well so far. I have never doubted AOL in all my 16 years. Many thanks. K*****

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Block Email Address Button for Each Email

It may have been said before but I would like to reiterate the ability to have a block email option on the mail page. It is not practical or time efficient to copy and paste SPAM email addresses (30+ daily) to the block email section. Just as there is a SPAM option for emails, then PLEASE install a BLOCK email address option. This would probably solve a significant amount of your spam complaints.

92nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Block email address/domains on mobile devices

Why is it not possible to add email addresses or domains to the block list on the AOL app or from the AOL website on mobile devices? It is ridiculous that I have to login on my laptop to perform such a simple task.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Taboola

Drop Taboola as a poster on your news page. They post only distorted spam. They list items being in my area with pictures of buildings or desert back grounds that are several thousand mules from my area. They produce rambling worthless items and I have noticed my computer slows down or crashes when on their pages. They are junk and need to be removed.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Auto-deleting Spam

Not a good idea to delete Spam messages automatically as from time to time a vald and wanted email gets put into spam. Perhaps make it a user option?

111th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. One positive note

I found if I call up one spam message and then hit the trash can at the TOP of the page, I can rid myself of all spam messages at once. Not the trash can beside each spam message, but the one at the top of the page.

399th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. THE NEPTUNE SOCIETY

IS "THE NEPTUNE SOCIETY" YOUR ONLY CLIENT ??? ITS SPONSORED EMAIL IS ALMOST ALWAYS ON DISPLAY, AND I CAN'T GET RID OF IT. WHAT IS THIS ****? PLEASE FIX IT!!!! IT'S WRONG AND OFFENSIVE. :( :( :(

HOW MUCH ARE THEY PAYING YOU TO KEEP HARASSING ME????

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. SPAM - Return to Sender

Have a "RETURN TO SENDER " button that tells them to STOP sending mail. This will force them to deal with a flood of email in their box. AOL customers should not have to deal with trying to unsubscribe to all the junk mail. WHO SOLD my mail address to all of the Spam senders; AOL? STOP IT .

29th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Monitor suspicious looking email, that really does not make any seance.

Improvement in spam, that might contain a vairus and email that contains false bank information, to fool any unsuspecting party to give personal vital information.

Also mail advising you for confirmation that a request has been received to stop any membership or subscription, when in reality one was never sent in the first place?

160th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Large ads appearing after sending an email -

why am I now getting large, obnoxious ads every time I send an email - how do I stop it??!!!

160th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fake Ads.

Please ensure that ads shown are genuine, I have just seen the Bit Coin / Dragons Den fake advert pop up.

200th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Advertising is one thing, but sending 'sponsored' Email to MY inbox without the ability to delete or block it is unacceptable.

Advertising is one thing, but sending 'sponsored' Email to MY inbox without the ability to delete or block it is unacceptable

5th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  147 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base