AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Theme change

When changing the theme of AOL mail it would be nice to see the AOL mail removed from each theme. Users should know they are using AOL...

237th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Greeting

Consider bringing back the greeting....You've got mail.

237th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Yahoo Fantasy Sports ad at sign in, and password entry

When signing in the ad for the Yahoo fantasy sports betting keeps showing up this week "the I don't like ad" selection in the top right corner has been removed to clear it from the display. WHY???? I have a family member that has a betting issue and this is preventing him from removing it. He mentioned it and I am now thinking of reporting it to our state AG office as it increases his chance that he may return to his gambling issue. I have to say that since Yahoo has taken over AOL the whole AOL experience has…

237th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Why does the *****-in-Chief appear to the right hand of the main page continuously? Is there a way that is can be removed?

Allow us (users) to omit offensive subjects, like this subject matter of the clueless *****!!!

237th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I really love this email, AOL. I've used it since high school and am now in graduate school. It is very easy to use.

I really enjoy being able to change the theme of my email. It allows me to express how I'm feeling or my mood for that moment in time.

237th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Listening to your subscribers

You only annoy people if you run controversial ads, like those for Planned Parenthood, that people find morally offensive

237th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please give us an option to change the colors in the mail window. My eyes are burning from all the bright white. Please give my eyes a break

Please give us an option to change the colors in the mail window. My eyes are burning from all the bright white. Please give my eyes a break.

237th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 34th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  25 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. leave the themes to us to choose

Asa a Paying Customer for the last 16 years I would like to have my customization left alone. It changes each time I go on line and I have had this theme for 10 years Other wise I will stop paying for a service I'M not receiving anyway as it was a dial up account Prior to 2008 Since I have been using the free version. I see no reason to pay you
    $9.99/ month for taking this option away. Please fix it..

84th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Seriously, change the interface.

It just looks too much old and is a mess !! Fonts like Avenir Next or Helvectia Nue should be used.

139th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow the option to display full name and/or email address instead of username only on the email homepage.

At present, on the email page that lists the emails, on the top right area (next to home, visit blog, and favorites; above the sign out and options links) there is no option to change the displayed name. Only the username is shown. It would be great if there could be an option to change the username displayed to email address and/or full name.

178th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Yesterday you bragged about giving me Emoji's and today they are gone ????

You bragged about giving me emoji's and youdid. But today they
    are gone.......what gives ???

84th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Zombies on login page are not welcome

Many reasons why this is offensive; I don't want to list them.
    Please remove them and use better judgment in future.

178th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I use to be able to enlarge the smilys , know I can not and they are really small

I use to be able to enlarge the smilys , know I can not and they are really small

115th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. You can improve this site by not showing the president's face each and every day!

Do Donald Trump have stock in AOL.COM? If he is not paying for his face on here, why do I see it every time I log on. You asked my opinion that's it.

37th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I need a dark background. Have asked already 50x. Give us a night view at least if you do not allow back ground uploads.

Please allow us to upload a background, your banner alone is a joke. Google and Yahoo allow you to do that. And if not give us a night view option. I hate a white boring channel. I have asked AOL 50x already. When will it happen?

92nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Annoying CNN "news flashes"

Find a way for your staff to not force their news predilections on my desk top. I find the CNN "news flashes" jumping in leftwards from the right side of the screen to be annoying, insulting and bullying. Can such news (real, fake or other) be delivered only by request or permission received?

49th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. TRUMP Political Ad

Why is Trump survey appearing on my sign in page. Then to top it off the only options are that he is doing Great, Good, or Okay, Did you all get a hefty check and sell out in order to put this on the AOL page? It is Fake news and Fake Survey? I am disgusted it would even appear on my screen. Regardless of my political affiliation. Seems to be I was exploited.

9th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  120 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base