AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. stop sending us **** about what we have to sign up for, OATH, bs, more junk mail than ever, you sold our emails on the open market

stop sending us **** about what we have to sign up for, OATH, bs, more junk mail than ever, you sold our emails on the open market

163rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need new stationery and fonts - catch up with the times!

You desperately need new stationery themes (it's been YEARS) and a greater variety of fonts!!

54th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make email inbox more productive and guarantee that no folders that was created are not all of the sudden gone.

aol mail should be more customizable making it more productive like the gmail where you can create labels for the inbox for important/urgent.

That way one does not have to search through the mail to find a specific thing

aol is being obselete for this reason,

207th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow the option to display full name and/or email address instead of username only on the email homepage.

At present, on the email page that lists the emails, on the top right area (next to home, visit blog, and favorites; above the sign out and options links) there is no option to change the displayed name. Only the username is shown. It would be great if there could be an option to change the username displayed to email address and/or full name.

163rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 57th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. CAN YOU MAKE FLAGS AVAILABLE TO SELECT A DIFFERENT COLOR

It would be nice if we can flag the email with different flags colors :)

83rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please after I erase a message from my inbox take me to the next message (like it was before) Do not take me to Inbox preview.

Please after I erase a message from my inbox take me to the next message (like it was before) Do not take me to Inbox preview.
    It used to be like this.

207th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 163rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. reading pane

Why no reading pane option for left of screen? The way it is now is the most inconvenient way to view. Choice to move to left would actually make using the pane easy. See Outlook for template.

273rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. hate aol mail. it is horrible.

I am so po'd at Verizon for giving its email service to ****** aol. It is horrible and the support service even paid is horrible.

101st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. why can I block IP address

you ruined Yahoo now your ruining AOL. we used to have word block as well as address block.
    My recommendation is to add IP block and re-add key word block
    lets make things better not worse

60th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. restore COVER X instead of repeated COLLAPSE

restore ADS COVER X instead of repeated COLLAPSE

273rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. take the fantasy football off the screen when i try to log in!!!!!!

take the fantasy football advertisement off the screen it keeps blocking me from typing my email and getting in!!!!!!

142nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 207th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 163rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. STOP THE POP-UP ADS!!!!

STOP THE POP-UP ADS!!!!

4th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  108 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 163rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Automatically delete emails that older than 60 days

Allow individuals to set a time after which emails would be deleted, i.e. 60 days.

49th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I want AOL to automatically delete emails that only contain links to click on

Many spam emails contain only links to click on. AOL should be able to recognize these as spam and block or delete them completely. I do not want them coming to my spam folder which inundates that folder and it is difficult to sift thru all of these unwanted spams looking for emails that may have gone to the spam folder in error.

75th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Spam - I want the ability to block all domains coming from ".uk"

I noticed that most of the spam that I receive comes from domains ending in ".co.uk" or ".org.uk" and I would like the ability to block domains that have those endings that are not in my address book or listed as approved senders. Is there a way to restrict these domains? Also, I would like AOL to return the option to block emails containing specific words or phrases. I have a paid account and it is very important to me that I be able to have the ability to restrict the excessive spam emails and emails containing ****** content. If…

8th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  77 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base