AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. how do i get rid of the column on the screen that is covering the contents of my email

give us a way to get rid of the ad column that blocks the content of my messages. It is so annoying!!

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Authclear

I have two problems as of late. When I go to sign out I get a message asking me if I really want to sign out. Secondly, and most annoying, I get a message asking if I want to download “authclear.” I have no desire to download something I have no knowledge of. I searched but I can’t determine what authclear is. Please delete this most annoying pop up. David Mamrak

250th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. .

I have been on the phone with tech aol Herbert who helped tremendously with his tech supervisor problem opening documents attachments case # 12109396 where problems opening attachments showed and error or virus on the aol end. many other people could open the documents gmail and other wem mail applications. I tested this for 48 hours and forced to send my clients to seen email and attachments to my gmail account. I have been and aol customer for 30 years and this has never been a problems. Herberts tech supervisor in chat format keeps trying to blame the sender when…

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Information Requested  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. colors

I hate this new change, I cannot change colors or even have a background picture. I cannot change my font color and this washed out grey I cannot read. I hate, hate, hate that we are stuck with one color and have no choice,

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. stop locking my account every month 16 years with AOL... Now yall start trippin

stop making me CHANGE MY PASSWORD EVERY MONTH just to get in my email ...I WORK FROM MY EMAIL ...NEED ACCESS AT ALL TIMES THANK YOU VERY MUCH

427th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. You can improve AOL mail by removing the ads from the top and side fof the inbox. I pay a monthly fee and don't want ads.

You can improve AOL mail by removing the ads from the top and side fof the inbox. I pay a monthly fee and don't want ads.

309th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Constantly asking to verify my telephone number and recovery email account

Been a member since your inception and getting pretty tired of you asking for my mobile phone number and alternate email account supposedly for security reasons. You have my alternate account and I will never give you my mobile number, so stop asking and get on with your service or I will delete my account and use another provider. I will give you 2 months from the date of this message to STOP IT or I will switch over to either my comcast or gmail account for my mail. Hope you understand this!!

309th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. the Search Mail feature only searches recent emails

Search Mail now only retrieves recent emails, not my email history from a few years ago

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Information Requested  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I pay over $179.00 for Assist, I can't get a live person because my account is in accessable?

This is not new- on going for a long long time --Disgusting!!
    I guess I will have to cancel -- never gets addressed.
    I want to speak with someone in the USA.
    Your contact number is a joke. Customer for over 20 years...

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. No more will I ever have to see those offensive adds & Big Foot. <FREE>

All you have to do is use your iTunes small floating screen that remains on top over all other screens to cover the add or anything you don't want to see. Thanks for the Big Foot AOL, now I don't have to look at any of your advertisement ever again! Who's your Daddy.

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Since I am paying for AOL, I don't see why I am getting so many ads.

I am especially annoyed by getting ads from scam Chinese companies, like Roselinlin. I researched the company and reviews were universally bad from customers who ordered from them and got items that were completely inferior and unlike the photos in the ads. Please, please stop these fraudulent ads. Besides which, since I am paying for AOL, I don't see why I am getting ads at all.

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. NO MORE SPAM FROM ADDRESSES I HAVE PUT INTO THE SPAM FOLDER

I ADD ADDRESSES THAT ARE SPAM TO THE BLOCKER LIST BUT EMAILS ARE STILL SHOWING UP. I GET 30-50 SPAM EMAILS THAT SHOULD BE BLOCKED INSTEAD OF MY HAVING TO DELETE THEM!!

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. This is ridiculous! Access to mail impossible because of time-out before security code gotten from other account.

This is ridiculous! Access to one of my AOL mail accounts is impossible because by the time a required security code sent to another AOL mail account is retrieved, the initial mail account has timed out.

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. a new message from WVG2Q88EIWA3N@excepturitnta.spravochnikov.ru subject: "IRA/401(k) Rollover to Physical Gold with this IRS Loophole" Sent:

get rid of spam just from this morning a new message from WVG2Q88EIWA3N@excepturitnta.spravochnikov.ru subject: "IRA/401(k) Rollover to Physical Gold with this IRS Loophole" Sent: Wed Jun 17 2020 WVG2Q88EIWA3N@excepturitnta.spravochnikov.ru IRA/401(k) Rollover to Physical Gold with this IRS Loophole 11:55 am

a new message from 4OCO6BCC6E7RZ@enimjdui.newsday.uno subject: "Never Pay for Cable again" Sent: Wed Jun 17 2020 4OCO6BCC6E7RZ@enimjdui.newsday.uno Never Pay for Cable again 11:30 am

a new message from CI3ACOXWAG4EX@bvyueklkqo.justforyou1.xyz subject: "WARNING: Anti-Virus Can Expire Wed, 17 Jun 2020 14:52:32 +0000" Sent: Wed Jun 17 2020 CI3ACOXWAG4EX@bvyueklkqo.justforyou1.xyz WARNING: Anti-Virus Can Expire Wed, 17 Jun 2020 14:52:32 +0000 10:57 am

a new…

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ads on desktop computers

I am a loyal AOL user, since 1995. I am also paying monthly for AOL. I am frustrated by the advertising that appears every time i read an email, delete an email, or look at another category like old mail. My desktop pauses for half a minute each time another ad loads. This makes it very time consuming to look at my email and I waste hours of time dealing with this. I dont find the ads to be as much of a problem on my iphone, but on my desktop where i work it is quite a problem. I…

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. STOP the dirty nasty offensive adds, starting with BIG FOOT!

I hate that ugly **** big foot in my face on my computer everyday when I sign into my AOL account. I think they are trying to offend me. It's only a matter of time before I'm out of here!

666th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 427th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. No ads at the top of my e-mail list

No ads at the top of my e-mail list. It looks like a new e-mail and I click on it by accident. Would rather have the ads on the right side.

427th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base