AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I wish that you would give us back the option to see who is on aol like it used to be...Who is active.

I wish that you would go back to when we could see who on AOL was active.

101st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Grouping folders

Change it back to the way it was brfore; where a customer can have folders and sub folders within the folder. By separating all of your folders individually in makes it very difficult to organize

69th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Spam, specifically e-mail blocking

Why are we limited to 1,000 blocked e-mail addresses?

68th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. unroll.me

I have loved tying this inbox to the Unroll.me website to create a daily digest for my sales related emails. Lately (since early September), your process disconnects this daily rather than letting my permissions last more than 24-36 hours. Please go back to what was working before, or at least work with their team to find a working solution so I don't change my subscriptions to another email account and stop using my aol mail.

207th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Screen the pop up ads in the right column

Todays pop up ad is a link to a Bitcoin scam using Peter Jones as bait. Now I'm happy to have ads relating to what I have browsed recently but did think that Aol would screen them. Having identified that this is a scam I doubt I'll every look at the ads again

113th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I am unable to paste from the Windows Clipboard to and AOL e-mail. That would be a good feature

Using the Windows Snipping tool, select an item to snip, the have the ability to paste directly into e-mail. That is easy with Outlook.

101st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. PPlease return the "block emails containing these words" filter - IT WORKED -y remove it?

Return the spam setting for blocking emails that contained specific words. I have NO IDEA why you would remove it - and looking at all of the exact same complaints I don't know why you would not have returned it to spam setting. Adding the email address does nothing because they just send **** with a new address -why should I pay you for this inconvenience? I accept better for my money.

14th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  44 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Verifying other accounts does not need done more than once or twice a year

Please provide option WHEN (such as 60 days, 200 days) the user wants to verify accounts. I am using another AOL account, but cannot be in both accounts at the same time. I have to find another device, if one is available, or jump back and forth between accounts.

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can't change display name on Android Google Chrome (and other options)

There is no option on Google Chrome on an Android to access many options for my settings and preferences. This is very frustrating.

163rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please tell me how I can keep recently deleted mail for a week - sometimes I inadvertently delete, and can't recover. Thanks

Create a setting for keeping deleted mail for a desired amount of time.
    Sometimes, mail is inadvertently deleted, and never able to recover.

113th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Why did my security question disappeared? I want it back!

Today I want to reset my secret insurance.
    I was surprised to find that option was disappeared after I deleted my old security question.
    Now I want it back!

142nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you previously created an Account Security Question (ASQ), you may be prompted to enter it when signing in to certain parts of your AOL account. You can no longer create or update your ASQ. Instead, we recommend you turn on 2-step verification and add a recovery phone number and email address to your account.

12. Way too much spam and a friending option is needed.

AOL should provide an automatic block and delete spam emails feature instead of letting them get to the spam folder, especially if the sender is not friended. If there was a friending request feature that would let the recipient know that someone wants to friend them that would be different, then the recipient could accept or decline. That is an option that would be useful.

20th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. allow users to invite friends to events in calendar settings

allow users to invite friends to events in calendar settings

207th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Merge Yahoo Account

It would be nice to be able to link or merge my Yahoo and AOL accounts. A combined contacts list would be helpful to update details in one place instead of two. And a combined email inbox would make it easier to stay up to date with friends. The AOL and Yahoo mail look and feel have converged; it would be great to go further and unit the two services.

113th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. savings email attachments

Need an easy way to save attachments without having to download, open preview, then save to designated folder. MacMail allows a one-step 'save' click to accomplish this when viewing the email

83rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Auto Save Attachments

Give the option to open or save attachments.. I hate that your webmail auto downloads attachments to my devices!! That should be my choice. It should open in either the reading pane of the email, or another window on the browser. NOT TO MY COMPUTER STORAGE. I have to use the email for work and it is truly a pain and inconvenience to have to download all of the attachments and then search for them and delete them!

80th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Put sender's email in BCC field by default when composing

Provide an option that by default the BCC field be filled with the sender's email address when composing an email.

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Your 'unseen' ads, running in the background, slows my computer down to the point it takes 5+ minutes to type one line. I've worked o

Stop running 'unseen' ads in the background in the email. It slows my computer down to a near stop in the email. The message comes up 'This web page is using significant energy, etc. I finally clicked 'control' on that warning, and up comes an entire ad.

18th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Need to be able to TURN OFF the SPAM filter. If no addresses are flagged, ALL should be allowed thru!

Need to be able to TURN OFF the spam filter. If no addresses are flagged, ALL should be allowed thru! "Teaching my spam filter" is a truly silly idea, highly impractical!

15th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  86 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. FLAWS and INCONVENIENCES Need Correction

1. It takes too long to pull down a box, when the options all USED TO appear automatically on the top line where you now have the useless "Sponsored" that does NOTHING in which I am interested.

2. Even using the pull-down box, I can't find a way to FORWARD.

3. Put back the SENDER in the first column. I know what I want to read by seeing who sent it. I DO NOT want to have to read a long line before getting all the way to the right side to see who sent the message.

4. WARN us when you're going to…

142nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base