AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How can I make chronological list of all my emails with a contact?

My idea to to have AOL enable me to make a chronological list of my emails with a contact over time. I would think this should have been a feature since I started this account 20 years ago. My second idea is to just leave AOL permanently and take my emails with me. But AOL won't allow this either. Why does AOL disrespect its members by making it difficult to communicate with an actual person at AOL???

Oh, it seems I MUST accept your terms. Why doesn't AOL believe it MUST treat us with respect???

160th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Saving emails on my PC

Why can't I save my emails to my PC and not have to sign in if I want to read one I saved. The old system was so much smoother and easy to use. Thanks.

72nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. search

Searching is not working for items past a month. It does not work in the standard version and ONLY works in the Basic/accessible version. Could someone please resolve the functionality on the standard version of aol mail. Thank you.

62nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Downloading Saved Mail?

You use to let people save the old mail to our systems if we liked. I would like to save my old mail to my system and not have to get on yours system every time I am looking for some thing in my old mail and use up the space that you give me for old mail on your system.

56th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Searching mails.

Allow the user to select the file they would like to search. I do not always want to search through deleted files. The default to ALL files produces too much junk. The options should be for the user to select new, old, sent or deleted mail. Not all by default.

56th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 50th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The best way to resolve this is to mark the emails as “Not Spam” and add the addresses in your contact list, that way you can train the spam filter to better identify important emails in the future.

Also if you use a mobile device or email client to access your mail over IMAP, please check the Spam filters in that application, to make sure it’s not marking important emails as spam.

7. I need an option to send an email directly to my PC letting me know that I have email in my spam folder on the AOL site.

I automatically download email to my PC using the PC mail program, so I don't log into the AOL sire very often. And I forget I should check periodically for spam on the AOL site which is not really spam that I should release to my PC. It would be great to have a spam option to send an email directly to my PC letting me know that I have spam in the AOL folder that I can check.

160th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. why do u post stories & when u click on them it has nothing to do with the subjecct matter that u went to c

why do u post stories & when u click on them it has nothing to do with the subject matter that u went to c it *** & I dont even bother anymore.

27th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  18 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The area to compose your email keeps shrinking. It is now less than 1/4 of the screen. It needs to double, at least. Get rid of the junk.

Most of the stuff on the screen has nothing to do with writing an email. All of that stuff should disappear when you open the pane for writing. The address and subject line should scroll out of view as soon as you reach the bottom of the pane. The autosave bar should be eliminated. The URL line and the search line should be hidden.

79th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Return to current position in Inbox after readi

When I'm done reading an email and I return to the Inbox, it goes to the START (most recent) of the emails. When I'm going through my emails top-to-bottom and I'm several pages down the list, I then have to repeatedly scroll down to re-locate my place. I think it would make reading emails MUCH easier if you provided a "Back" button to return to the same place in the Inbox as the email that was just read. Thanks, Alan

79th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Shut off Autosave function of the Draft or at least give the option to shut it off - annoying; or let us manually save a draft!

I want to shut off the "autosave" function of an email draft. It's annoying and the autosaving is interfering with the sending function. At a minimum give us the option of manually saving a draft. We used to be able to shut it off under the Compose settings, but I can't see it. I'm using a desktop. Please shut it off!

112th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. NEWS "TODAY on AOL"

Sorry to say, but "TODAY on AOL" news looks and sounds just like
    "THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER"....
    Your news is not worth reading...."PATHETIC"...

10th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  78 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Wild cards (*) in email address filters no longer allowed

Could wild cards in email address filters be allowed again. eg: Send *@anywhere.com to MyFolder. This used to work up until a few months ago.

59th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we’ll send it over to the Product Team and hope to have it implemented in the future.

15. Put back the block on only receiving email from those people in my address book.

Put back the option to only receive email from those people in my address book Please.

3rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

476 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we’ll send it over to the Product Team and hope to have it implemented in the future.

16. Put the close button closer on the left. It's way off in the corner.

Put the close button closer on the left. It's way off in the corner.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I had Hugh Grant's voice announcing my new emails "You have letters," but it was replaced by a female voice. Give me my Hugh Grant voice.

Please re-establish my chosen announcer of receiving new emails- Hugh Grant's "You have letters." Someone disconnected it without my choice and now I don't have options listed to get back Grant announcement.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The customized “You’ve got mail” sounds are not enabled for the UK version of the AOL Mail, so they fall back to the default sounds. Our Product Team is now aware of this issue, and is currently working on a fix.

Thank you.

18. Limitations on categories

Why are there only three categories in the calendar system (Personal, Birthday and Holidays). It would be beneficial to have others such as work, meetings and travel, etc. or at least a way to color the three categories differently.

101st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Another font such as: Born Ready from www.fonts.com

Could we please have a nice informal font such as: BORN READY
    from www.fonts.com

160th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Font  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. By NOT having us hit an "ok" on an email we delete! Its' a waste of time!!

Every time I delete an email I don't want, a square shaped "pop up" comes on the monitor and has "cancel" and "ok"! When I delete something, I delete it; I don't want to have to keep hitting an "ok" on an unnecessary pop-up! It's time consuming and irritating at the same time. Can we please stop getting those??

92nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base