AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Put sender's email in BCC field by default when composing

Provide an option that by default the BCC field be filled with the sender's email address when composing an email.

300th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Your 'unseen' ads, running in the background, slows my computer down to the point it takes 5+ minutes to type one line. I've worked o

Stop running 'unseen' ads in the background in the email. It slows my computer down to a near stop in the email. The message comes up 'This web page is using significant energy, etc. I finally clicked 'control' on that warning, and up comes an entire ad.

18th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need to be able to TURN OFF the SPAM filter. If no addresses are flagged, ALL should be allowed thru!

Need to be able to TURN OFF the spam filter. If no addresses are flagged, ALL should be allowed thru! "Teaching my spam filter" is a truly silly idea, highly impractical!

15th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  92 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. FLAWS and INCONVENIENCES Need Correction

1. It takes too long to pull down a box, when the options all USED TO appear automatically on the top line where you now have the useless "Sponsored" that does NOTHING in which I am interested.

2. Even using the pull-down box, I can't find a way to FORWARD.

3. Put back the SENDER in the first column. I know what I want to read by seeing who sent it. I DO NOT want to have to read a long line before getting all the way to the right side to see who sent the message.

4. WARN us when you're going to…

151st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. automatically delete spam mail.

If someone gets mail that AOL designate as spam, why send it to our spam folder in the first place just delete it.

6th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  99 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 50th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Give us back the desktop software.

You had a really good desktop program and now it's almost like any other web based server.

82nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Could you make it 2 clicks to delete mail & picture files to prevent accidental deletions

I once accidentally deleted all my mail files with a wrong click which thankfully AOL retrieved for me. But since then I have noticed to delete my spam files it takes 2 clicks & I am asked if I really want to delete them but it only takes 1 click to delete my regular mail & files. Could the 2 click & verification be added to those files as well ???

178th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I use to be able to enlarge the smilys , know I can not and they are really small

I use to be able to enlarge the smilys , know I can not and they are really small

132nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. screen advertising better before accepting it.

Please stop posting ads that are in foreign languages. It's very disturbing.

36th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Delete ALL messages

When I select all msg to be deleted AOL always asks if I'm sure. Of course I'm sure or I wouldn't do it! How can I avoid this annoying msg?

132nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Place "recently deleted" after sent so you don't have to go back. Also put back "Save" and "Save as"

Place "recently deleted" after sent so you don't have to go back. Also put back "Save" and "Save as"

151st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make it so I can use my iPad to block email addresses because none of your mobile apps have the option to do so.

I should be able to use all of the things I can on a computer, while logged in to AOL, as I should on my iPad? That just kind of makes sense.

119th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. you should make it possible to prevent ANY mail from being delivered to my in box. I don't want any mail delivered at all.

There should be a way to be able to prevent ANY mail of ANY kind from being delivered to my in box. I do not want any mail at all.

96th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. You can improve this site by not showing the president's face each and every day!

Do Donald Trump have stock in AOL.COM? If he is not paying for his face on here, why do I see it every time I log on. You asked my opinion that's it.

41st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Delete unwanted folders

Allow us to delete unwanted folders from our mobile phones

68th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Mail Away Message Area - create a window there for customization without being away

Regarding the mail away message area - please create a window there for the user's customization without being away. Thank you.

132nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please post subject details in new e-mail format

I like the new format but speed needs improvement and also, please put subject details under the subject headline for the mail. Thank you !

119th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. deleted mail

There should be a setting that when you close the email a dialog box comes up to ask if you want to permanently delete deleted mail. This will keep the folder empty. I forget to enpty the deleted and it gets a lot in it.

82nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. We need sub folders inside any folder.

We need sub folders inside any folder. It does not make sense to create a new folder any time without the chance to group them!

26th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  21 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base