AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. On the mobile app as soon a message is opened it goes to Old mail which is very annoying.

Eliminate the OLD mail folder or keep opened emails in the INBOX

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

To have your inbox unified, please go to mail.aol.com through a laptop/desktop computer, click Options>Mail Settings>General then at Inbox Style select Use Unified Inbox style’’. Click Save settings.

So these settings reflects in the app, please uninstall/reinstall the AOL app.

2. fix the header boxes on the main page

First, please the header boxes on the main page, they spin past in a blur and I can't make heads nor tails of them. Also, please fix the main page so it remembers my location, it always defaults to NY and I do not live in NY. THANK YOU!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

When you see incorrect local information (such as the news or weather for a different location) on your Welcome Screen, you may want to verify your location is correct. This can be done by making sure your correct City, State is in the top left of your Welcome Screen.

If it is not, please click “Update Your Location” under Local News and Weather, enter your Zip Code and press Save.

If this does not work, please clear your cache, cookies, and history.
    Here is an article for instructions: http://aol.it/1KTJUg6
    Then try adding in your Zip Code again.

3. Email address hacked?

I'm sending email to friends who tell me the email address they are seeing is not mine (mine is *@verizon.net and they are geting some odd address *@verizon.net) - wondering if I've been hacked? Wondering what I should do?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is your email alias, which was automatically created when your Verizon email account was setup.

The alias in no way changes your user name and does not create a new mailbox; it becomes the mailing name associated with your primary account and is immediately ready to use in order to send and receive email on.

To setup your default Send From address in AOL Mail, open the Compose window then click the drop down arrow from your email address. If you need additional assistance, please contact us at help.aol.com

4. my Verizon emails stopped coming in on 7-12 on Thunderbird an BlueMail on my and android phone. reset pass word and not able recreate accoun

my Verizon emails stopped coming in on 7-12 on Thunderbird an BlueMail on my and android phone. reset pass word and not able recreate accounts new password not recognized when submitted i Thunderbird and BlueMail

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi John,

Thanks for reaching out. Please try generating an app password, which can be found at the bottom of the page under “Account Security.” You can navigate there by clicking Options and selecting “Account Info.”

Please let us know if you experience any issues.

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

5. Can I become a member of OAL outside the USA?//

AOL outside USA membership can it be . Please let me know thanks

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Unable to access AOL (Verizon) email on two different apps: Postbox and K-9 mail, so it is on YOUR END. Please fix!!

Can't send OR receive Verizon email for 18 hours in either my PC app (Postbox) or my phone app (K-9) mail. This usually goes away in a few hours, but now I am totally shut out. FIX IT PLEASE!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Jacqueline,

Thanks for reaching out. Please try generating an app password, which can be found at the bottom of the page under “Account Security.” You can navigate there by clicking Options and selecting “Account Info.”

Please let us know if you experience any issues.

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

7. Spam on Etsy

I order from Etsy over a month ago and never received the item which I paid for. Is there any way to report this so others won't be taken?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Community Guidelines

I am not surprised at all. I know what to expect. The Left can post insulting comments, disparaging phrases. But if I even type Hunter Biden's name, it gets rejected for not meeting "community standards." They do that kind of thing in China and North Korea. If that doesn't make other social platforms more appealing and a better tenant of FREE SPEECH, I don't know what does.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

67 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Images and some comments will be flagged in our system prior to becoming public.

Here are some reasons why your comments may be flagged:
    – Language (Examples may include: all caps, inappropriate words, etc.)
    – Suspicious IP
    – Any Image

In order to create the best possible experience for everyone, we request that you abide by the AOL Community Guidelines, our core code of conduct, in all of your activities on AOL Services. For more information, please view our community guidelines:

https://www.verizonmedia.com/policies/us/en/verizonmedia/guidelines/index.html

9. Qwerty

Keyboard has changed on android. How do I return to Qwerty?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. what are the spam rules?

Why won't AOL tell it's members what constitutes spam? I suddenly got locked out after sending a bunch of e-mails to groups of cousins. I called for help, was forced to sign up for tech support and was told by two AOL employees they are now allowed to tell me how many e-mails sent in what amount of time qualifies as spam nor would they tell me how long after being locked out would my account be reopened.
    I had been previously told that after AOL took over from Verizon that I was no longer limited to 100 people per…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In order to better enforce anti-spam policies, AOL does not disclose the number of recipients or emails that can be sent at one time.

If you’ve received a notification that a limit has been met, you’ll need to wait a set amount of time before you can send more emails. Most sending limit notifications inform you of how long you’ll have to wait.

If you’re planning to regularly send bulk email, consider looking into alternate solution.

11. Does AOL include security software that is compatible with my Mac OSX El Capitan v10.11.6?

Does AOL include security software that is compatible with my Mac OSX El Capitan v10.11.6?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. AOL is suddenly populating old and deleted email addresses that no longer appear in my contact list. It isn't accepting my corrections.

Please fix the contact list. Email addresses that I removed years ago are suddenly showing up again and now populating my TO box. I've double-checked the contact list and these old addresses are NOT in my contacts. Attempts to correct the problem are failing.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Massive spam I cannot BLOCK

I have SETTINGS on getting email ONLY CONTACTS yet every day I get 100 + emails from a site(s) that has infinite disposable none repetitive FROM addresses. I detest those FILTERS which DO NOT FILTER. PLEASE MAKE THE ACTUAL FROM CONTACTS ONLY DO EXACTLY THAT.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Deleating e-mails

I look at e-mails on three devices, i-phone, lap top and desk top. How can I delete an e-mail once and it's gone from all three without having to go to each device separately?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. URGENT: PROBLEM PAYING FROM OUTSIDE THE U.S. FOR AOL SERVICES

Dear AOL representative, do NOT trash my 5th email to AOL regarding my payment, be a good professional and escalate this problem to a Supervisor who can help with this problem...

RESENDING EMAIL THAT I SENT 5 TIMES SINCE EARLY APRIL 2021. PLEASE DO NOT PREVENT USING AOL BECAUSE WILL DESTROY MY LIFE. I USE AO FOR 26 YEARS. LET'S FIND A SOLUTION. I WANT TO PAY, AOL THAT INCREADIBLY DOES NOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARD PAYMENT FROM OUTSIDE OF THE USA.

PLEASE HAVE A HUMAM BEING WITH HEART AND PROFESSIONAL SPIRIT THERE, ESCALATE THE SITUATION AND HELP RESOLVING

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

We’re sorry to hear about this situation you’re facing. At the moment, our system does not accept credit/debit cards from outside US, however, you can always register a new account at mail.aol.com in case you’re unable to recover your existing account.

17. Why do you keep changing my location to New York when we live on the west coast?

Stop changing our location from the west coast to the east coast.
    We live in Oregon, BUT YOU KEEP CHANGING OUR LOCATION TO NEW YORK...Isn't ANYONE MINDING THE STORE?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. why do you not change for germans the background into german i do not understand

why do you not change for germans the backround into german i do not understand and im not interested for news in english ... im interested to german news........
    i hope you can do it

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. leave it alone! My aol date and subject line switched place

Went to aol mail today and I clicked on a date box to move a email and the subject box and date box switched places and I cant get them back where they belong. If you did this on purpose I will be switching to gmail. If I can get it back to where it use to be I will continue with aol. Dont ***** with the emails...!!!!! Give us a choice to KEEP what we have or lose us.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I want to be able to scroll thru all my e-mails, not just the current page.

I want to be able to scroll thru all my e-mails, not just the current page.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base