AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. address book

I have maintained an AOL account for MANY years because of the way the address book used to work. I have a couple large groups of email address (for example, one for the 100 houses in my neighborhood for sending out neighborhood watch emails), and I don't want all of those email addresses to also appear separately in my address book. It's what set AOL apart. Now I have all those email addresses in my contacts list that I don't want. So when I scroll through my contacts to find the group name to make edits, it takes forever to…

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

This is caused by the auto-add contacts feature. If the groups contain email addresses that are not in your Address Book (individual contacts) they will be automatically added, after sending an email to the group. Also removing the individual contact from the Address Book will also delete it from the group.

In order to avoid auto-adding contacts to the address book, please follow these steps to disable the auto-add feature:
    1. Go to Options and select Mail Settings.
    2. Select the Compose tab on the left.
    3. Uncheck “Automatically add email addresses to Contacts”.
    4. Click Save Settings at the bottom.

2. language

I work it two languages, English and French. When I choose to send an email in French how do I get AOL to recognise that I am typing in French, insert the appropriate accents, and convert the spellcheck to French?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In case English is your only keyboard input language, you will need to also add French as your keyboard layout. To do that, follow the steps from the following Microsoft support article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027670/windows-10-add-and-switch-input-and-display-language-preferences

The browser you are using to access AOL Mail has the capability to add multiple spell check languages. To add another language to the Firefox spell check follow the steps from the section “Adding dictionaries” from the following article: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-use-firefox-spell-checker

3. I am french, and my AOL application is now in english! Why?

From yesterday, my AOL application is in english.
    before it was in french!
    Why?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please delete your bookmark for AOL Mail, then go to mail.aol.fr and sign in and bookmark the page.

4. calendar

The only way I can bring up my calendar is to go to keyword "calendar". If I click on the calendar icon, it takes me to the welcome screen.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. why am i getting ImgSync from image8.pubmatic.com

why am i getting ImgSync from image8.pubmatic.com

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. contact lists 50 users

I have a contact list that has 112 contacts. Today I tried to send to this list and get a message technical error try again later. AOL chat support says I am limited to 50 addresses in a contact list now. Is this true? I have been using this list for years on a weekly basis. I was able to import the list to my free gmail account and send my message. That worked Why am I paying for AOL?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can have a maximum of 300 contacts per group. The most common causes for the issue that you are experiencing include, sending a lot of emails in a short time or sending one or more emails to a large number of recipients. If you previously sent a bulk email, you’ll need to wait a set amount of time before you can send more emails.

Additionally, please check the email addresses you are sending mail to, and make sure the list does not contain any invalid or incorrect email addresses, which might result in a delivery failure.

7. delete all prior aol comments

I want to reset or start with a clean slate all over again. How can I delete prior comments I left at AOL chat/news without having to close the account and opening a new account with a different user's name? Now that employers are looking at this I dislike them having to see my prior comments when I am a changed person now and do not talk in the same tone as I did before. People change and we all get second chance. Some of us, or a lot, regrets comments we've posted, but do not want to change account…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, there’s no feature to delete multiple comments. Each comment would need to be deleted individually. You can only delete the comment if you can find the article. To do so, please go to your “Profile” then select the comment and click on “View in conversation” and delete it.

8. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you’re having issues with email notifications from Facebook:

Make sure you have signed up for your Facebook account with this particular email address.

Check your spam or junk email folder for these messages.

If you’re still not receiving emails from Facebook, contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) to ensure that they aren’t blocking email traffic coming from Facebook.

Learn how to report a problem with the Facebook team if the issue continues: https://www.facebook.com/help/186570224871049

9. Stop double dumping email already received from your server already in my inbox.

Stop re-sending the same email already in my Outlook in box. You agreed to allow Verizon to use your server for email delivery. To prevent an overload on your system I delete messages from your inbox every ten days already in my inbox, yet you double dump when there are only 8 days in your system. The quicker I remove them from your system, the quicker you double dump. This is without doubt harassment on your part so that I pay protection from you to stop this from happening. I am about to go to the FCC to investigate this…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When using POP3 and leaving a copy of messages on the server the client (Outlook) keeps track of what has been downloaded by storing a UID value for each message that it has downloaded. If the client forgets the UID value of messages that have been downloaded, messages will be downloaded again. Unfortunately this cannot be undone, and the emails need to be manually deleted.

We recommend setting-up your account using the IMAP protocol to avoid this sort of issue in the future. To setup your account using IMAP, please follow the steps here: https://help.aol.com/articles/verizon-move-to-aol-mail-setting-up-your-new-aol-account-in-a-third-party-email-program-or-mobile-device-imap

10. Put Delete boxes below the word Delete --- not at the other side of the page !!!

Put Delete boxes below the word Delete --- not at the other side of the page !!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Why do I have to input an email address in order to block spam? I don't want to open **** to ge the email address.

I am not going to open **** in order to get the email address to block it. You want me to open ****, not going to happen.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Who cares about looks when things don't work.....

How about fixing the on going problems AOL has, instead of playing with the look of email, like repairing your site so that people can make comments and access their comment archives.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry for the difficulties encountered while trying to participate in the AOL community. The comments section is located at the bottom of the articles under Conversations. You can view all your posts in your Profile under Latest Activity. To view your Profile, click your Name in the comments section, then choose Profile.

14. What causes some legitimate email to go directly to "Deleted Mail?"

What causes some legitimate email to go directly to "Deleted Mail?"

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In most cases, this problem is caused by the incoming mail filters on your account. To verify your incoming mail filters, please go to mail.aol.com using a desktop computer, and click on Options on the top right, then Mail Settings, and finally Filter Settings on the left side of the page.

On the Filter Settings page, review the filters that are set up to move your incoming emails to the trash folder, then edit or delete them, in order to receive your emails in your Inbox.

As an alternative, you can configure your account using IMAP rather than POP, by following the steps from this help article: https://help.aol.com/articles/verizon-move-to-aol-mail-setting-up-your-new-aol-account-in-a-third-party-email-program-or-mobile-device-imap

15. this page cannot be displayed

i am always getting cannot be displayed when accessing my email through internet explorer

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. STOP "ENHANCING MY EXPERIENCE" *******. Since you became OATH nothing but **** happens. I can't even SAVE AS DRAFT WITHOUT LOSING THE POST

The title describes it.

Here it is again for the "GENUINENESS" at OATH:

STOP "ENHANCING MY EXPERIENCE" ****. Since you became OATH nothing but * happens. I can't even SAVE AS DRAFT WITHOUT LOSING THE POST

****, *, ****.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Stop long running scripts on main page.

Long running scripts slow up considerably the time it takes to load mail or to see any of the pages Can you stop them

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Log in problem

Every time I log-in I encounter a problem with 'https://guce.advertising.com/collectIdentifiers?sessionId=1_cc-session_0068860a-2fdf-4b56-9b04-5b6e62b1cc87' I found that if I use the back arrow three times and reenter my password, it works. What is this?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In June 2017, Yahoo and AOL joined forces to create Oath, a media and technology company with a dynamic house of global brands, and a part of Verizon. It’s an exciting venture that we believe will bring a host of new innovations and digital experiences for our users. With Verizon, Oath can provide you with better experiences and services. As part of this collaboration, we’re asking users of Oath owned sites and services to agree to the new unified Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, which will help us continue to deliver and build on great digital experiences for you.

In order to review the TOS and Privacy Policy, can you please temporarily disable any ad-blocker you have installed on your browser and then try to go to mail.aol.com and Agree to the new TOS? You can also try on a different browser or on a private/ incognito session?…

19. Recently I received a call regarding my email address. Apparently someone tried to open an account using my email and telephone number.

How can I avoid this happening in the future? I have changed my password, and so far have not had any problem. However, what do I do if this happens again!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The call you received might have been someone posing as an AOL consultant and claiming to help with problems relating to passwords, hackers or other technical issues. What they really want is to find out your AOL password and other personal information.

Remember, AOL Customer Support Team Representatives will NEVER ask you for your password. If you suspect someone is posing as an AOL consultant, do not give them any of your personal information (name, address, password, social security number, bank information, etc.).

If you get a phone call from someone asking you to provide or confirm any of your personal information, immediately hang up and call your financial institution. If there is a genuine issue, your financial institution will be able to assist you.

For more information about this, please check the following help article: https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-tech-support-scam-faqs

20. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

On the calendar, right-click the event that you wish to delete, and then click Delete.
    Click OK to reconfirm.

In case of a repeating event, to delete the single occurrence, click Delete This Event Only. In order to delete all future occurrences of the event, click Delete This and Future Events.

If the issue still persists, please email them at aolmailquestions@aol.com.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base