AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. app and passwords

I can log into my AOL anywhere but into the actual AOL app, why is that, it tells me my password is incorrect!! I am getting very frustrated with that and I do not feel that I need to change my password to appease an application. Please help! Thank you!

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

If you are using the AOL App, you should be signing in with the same password you use to log into mail.aol.com on your desktop computer. To make sure you are typing the correct password, disable the spell check feature on your mobile keyboard, and remember that the password is case sensitive.

2. I log out one accoun and log in to other,but it shows me the privious acccount.I clean the cookie and cache but still doesnt work.

I log out one accoun and log in to other,but it shows me the privious acccount.I clean the cookie and cache but still shows previous account e-mail. It doesn't happened with yahoo or Gmail because they are professionally great. I do not know why AOL trying to stay in the internet business? AOL Program is bad and it is not something new, it has been a while. Sometime they are just lazy, but not last to pop-up millions of add while reading mails. Ha...Ha..Ha.. its a jock.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The username and password information on the sign on screen is being managed by your browser. In order to remove the saved password from the Edge browser, please follow these steps:

1. Open Edge
    2. Click on the Tools button on the top right (gear button) or press Alt+X on your keyboard.
    3. Select “Internet Options” from the drop-down menu.
    4. Click on the “Delete” button below the Browsing History category.
    5. On the window that comes-up, make sure the “Passwords” option is checked.
    6. Click “Delete” at the bottom.
    7. Click “OK” at the bottom of the Internet Properties window.
    8. Go back to the AOL Mail sign on screen, and check if the password field is auto-completed.

3. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please check if you can access your account by going to mail.aol.com in a browser. If you can successfully sign in, we have some troubleshooting steps to try:

- check the Incoming mail server settings in your email application, and make sure they match the IMAP/POP settings in the section titled “Update server settings” from the following help article: https://help.aol.com/articles/how-do-i-set-up-other-email-applications-to-send-and-receive-my-verizon-net-mail

- the incoming and outgoing mail servers require SSL enabled for all ports, and also the username field in the account setup, needs to contain your full email address, including @verizon.net at the end.

- in case your server settings are correct, open the link below (and sign in if necessary), and make sure the option “Allow apps that use less secure sign-in” is turned ON.

https://login.aol.com/account/security

After this turning ON this option, check if your mail application is able to connect. If the problem persists, verify if…

4. How do we find out how much space we have used on aol mail?

How do we find out how much space we have used on aol mail?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I

When I receive a piece of mail that requires my investigation, or discussion with another person, I'd like to save that email and attach notes to it regarding the resolution of that item. Is this possible?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Why is my Aol Finance Portfolio being sent to SPAM folder?

Why is my Aol Finance Portfolio being sent to SPAM folder?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please mark these emails as Not Spam and go to Options – Mail Settings – Filter Settings – and remove or edit the filters designed to move specific incoming emails to the Spam folder.

8. delete

You need a command to delete all the e-mails in a folder easily. Trying to click the box on 800+ e-mails to delete them is silly.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you’d like to delete all emails in a folder, please check the box in front of the ’’From’’ column and click Delete.

To delete multiple emails:

1. In your Mailbox window, press and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard, and then select the emails that you wish to delete.

2. Click Delete.

To delete multiple consecutive emails:

1. In your Mailbox window, press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard, and then click the first email that you wish to delete.

2. Now, hold the Shift key down, and click the last email in the list. This will select all the emails between the first email and the last email that you have selected.

3. Click Delete.

9. deleting email address due to death of receiver

How can we delete the address of an AOL email addressee who has died.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re very sorry for your loss.

In the unfortunate event of a death of the billing contact for an AOL account, ownership can easily be transferred to another AOL Username already listed under the account.

If you don’t own a Username on the AOL account and would like to make changes to the account, please contact one of our AOL Customer Support Team Representatives at 1-800-827-6364.

10. AOL isn't Syncing with Outlook Any More

Since a recent "upgrade" I'm noticing that not all my new or read email is being uploaded to Outlook on my or my wife's computer. I don't see a pattern about which ones are skipped. But on my Android cell phone using GMAIL app I get all of them, but not on our computers.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please delete and re-add your account in Outlook. The incoming and outgoing mail servers require SSL enabled for all ports, and also the username field in the account setup, needs to contain your full email address.

In case your server settings are correct, open the link below (and sign in if necessary), and make sure the option “Allow apps that use less secure sign-in” is turned ON.

login.aol.com/account/security

After this turning ON this option, check if your mail application is able to connect. If the problem persists, verify if the “Two-step verification” option on the Account Security page (the URL above) is turned ON or OFF.

In case this feature is turned ON, you will have to create a unique application-specific password for each one of your email applications, by following the steps from the section titled “How do I set up 2-step verification?” from the following article: help.aol.com/articles/2-step-verification-s.

11. Please remove the American Express information from the From line where my email address is shown.

Remove it please, I do not know how this appeared in my email address line.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You may want to try changing your Display Name. Sign in and under your username, click Options / Mail Settings. Select Compose from the left panel and change the Display name field, then click Save to finalize your selection.

12. I can hardly read my mail or even the ads !! Why? How can I change it?

I just want help with getting the print to a size I can read It ! !!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. please lock the columns under the main folders so they dont scroll down, only the folders. SUPER appreciated and 'classy'

PLEASE lock the columns under the main folders so they dont scroll down, only the folders. SUPER appreciated and 'classy'. this would make it so much ezr to organize and sort.. thanks

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Manage Folders

I use an e-mail client and I want to choose which folders show up in the side bar. It takes up to much room to have folders I don't use, but I can't get rid of folders like 'Archive' and 'Bulk Mail'.

GMail has this feature and it is good - your 'Manage Folders' is relatively useless

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While we do our best to provide the most relevant information and solutions to our members, we can only provide assistance for AOL or one of our other products or services.

We recommend that you contact the email client support for assistance.

15. the Oath and other sites

"I ACCEPT" is bs. I have accepted and accepted and accepted. still pops up. Knock it off!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It sounds like you’ve accepted our updates already. The best way to check to is to log in from a desktop computer to http://mail.aol.com. If you receive a pop-up message asking you to review and accept, that means you haven’t accepted yet. If you are taken to your inbox directly, then you likely already accepted and are good to go.

16. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I just filled out your survey form. When I tried to make a comment at the end, it said I used the wrong format, but didn't tell right forma

When I tried to send a comment on your latest survey, it said I had the wrong format, but didn't say what was wrong or what the right format is.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I have a couple of suggestions for you to try:

1. If you see an X in the top of your browser or receive any notification boxes about pop-ups blocked, please choose to allow for this site.
    2. Copy and paste the link in a new tab or browser.
    3. Clear Cache and Cookies (Instructions can be found here: https://help.aol.com/articles/clear-cookies-cache-history-and-footprints-in-your-browser).
    4. If accessing from Mail.aol.com and your Mail Settings option “Disable links in mail from unknown senders” is enabled, please click the link in the email then choose “Enable Links” or “Always allow from this sender.”

Your feedback is important to us and we look forward to hearing back from you about your experience. If these solutions do not work, please reply back with details about why it did not work so we can further investigate.

18. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to delete multiple contacts, please go to “Contacts” make sure to select the box which is located before “Name” tab and then delete them.

19. How to reinstall AOL---We are gettng a Black screen on every search---have to redue every entry several times.

How to safely reinstall AOL without losing all data received.
    Getting a Black screen on every entry + Black screen on every reply.
    Thank you for your help.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. why do we have to sign in every time we want to check our emails, please fix this

I want to stay signed in on my emails, i check them several time per day
    i do not want to sign in each time. please fix this issue tx

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

138 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base