AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. **** e-mails

For several weeks now, I have been getting **** e-mails. Even though they do go into my Spam. Why am I suddenly getting such - never had them before. I do not access any sites that should trigger such. I have added most of them to my Blocked option.

189th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. News On AOL.. --

You show a "story" of interest and when clicked on it opens in a new tab . You have to click "Next Page" far too many times to reach the one that addresses your original story theme. It takes too much time to read thru all the background and I normally click off these stories.

Also.. the old format of AOL was better as you could access yr files off line... Hope feedback is helpful.

60th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. You should add Adam Sandler's voice for "You've Got Mail!".

Adam Sandler's voice would be a cool addition to "You've Got Mail!" (changing the voice of "You've got mail!")

632nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. emojis

Why not have an option to add our own emojis from the internet for Google or Mozilla Firefox??
    The AOL emojis are nice but mainly just happy faces! Why not give us a choioce of newer ones to update our e-mails etc.???

456th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Unread mail

I used to be able to sort and find all of my unread mail. I can no longer do that. It would be nice to have that feature back very soon. Thanks.

222nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Compose Area will more efficient and prompt about Editing

As per google email, All content letter of email could be copy, paste , delete but this Aol will only one by one paragraph to copy and pasting. so please help full these Things.

We have a center of I.T

1018th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 249th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I'd like to be able to send certain messages with high priority/importance

Add the option, when composing mail, for selecting High, Normal or Low priority/importance.

1018th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I can only download one attachment.

I was able to download multiple attachments in an email. I can only download 1 file and have to close AOL mail, reopen AOL mail for the other files.

146th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I try to log into the AOL calendar, and all I get is advertising-Verizon to be exact.

get verizon out of my computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sick of trying to log into a page and getting only a Verizon ad.

1018th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Why can't I see how much email storage I have left?

Why can't I see how much email storage I have left?

296th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add landline phone for account opening and verificaations. Only Cell phone account help is to fraudulent.

Landline phones that have connection to your home address for account and delivery verification are more accurate then cell phone use which is a very fraudulent way of having a AOL account.

632nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please, please, stop the "Microsoft Azure" banner ad at the top of the email list from flashing and repeating!

The banner ad thumbnails are a nuisance, but tolerable. However, the Microsoft ad that repeatedly cycles is extremely annoying and distracts from what I came to the page to do - read my mail. Tell Microsoft that it is making me so mad, I will not even consider their product. And tell the AoL ad manager that this kind of annoyance may drive me away from AoL.

1018th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Put it back to how the mail account was!

Put it back to how the mail account interface was! I really dislike the awkward navigation to get a simple task done, it’s NOT user friendly.
    It’s just change for the sake of change, not an improvement.

296th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 Improving Email's spell check features and also 2. Folder arrangements

Two points:

1. The e-mail's spell-check has the feature "skip" Why doesn't AOL e-mail's Spell Check has the feature of "Skip All"? This will help in speeding spell check if I have a unique word such as SplChk coming several times in the body of the e-mail.

2. In the Folders arrangement, why doesn't AOL e-mail has the feature of "Nested Folders" such that we can seep several folders in one folder?

1018th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. reading lots of mail

When I am on page 3 or 4 or 5 ... and I go to view an Email;
    When i return I am again on page 1 - I have to go & remember & go to PAGE I was on and scroll to find my place = So useless if I have 80 or 100 email to read !!!

1018th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I have AOL in my IPhone X and it will not stay loaded. It

AOL will not stay open. When I click on an email page or article, etc. after a few seconds it closes, disappears from screen, whatever.

632nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Is there a way to merge AOL contact list with Galaxy Note 8 phone without using SIM card?

How to merge AOL Contact list with Galaxy Note 8 without using SIM card?

1018th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Can the delete, spam, and not spam buttons be colored or moved apart?

Can the delete, spam, and not spam buttons be colored or moved apart?They are too close and accidents occur. Please move the button apart and add a color change:
    examples: red to delete, yellow for spam, orange for not spam, green for keep as new.
    Or allow customization to do so.

15th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  109 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Support multiple server connections to cache for third party clients under IMAP

When a third-party client such as Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail enables multiple server connections to cache for an IMAP account, accessing folders initiates additional login authorizations which will eventually be rejected when too many requests are made within a given period of time. This is very frustrating for the user, since he or she has in fact "done everything right" when setting up the account. As a workaround, PLEASE advise the user when setting up his e-mail account under a third-party program to set the maximum number of server connections to cache to 1:

https://help.aol.com/articles/how-do-i-use-other-email-applications-to-send-and-receive-my-aol-mail

https://help.aol.com/articles/verizon-move-to-aol-mail-setting-up-your-new-aol-account-in-a-third-party-email-program-or-mobile-device-imap

https://help.aol.com/articles/download-your-email-from-aol-mail-with-imap

1018th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base