AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Why does spell check use British spelling instead of USA?

Use USA english dictionary spelling rather than the British. Humor, not humour, Catalog, not catalogue. Get the idea?

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Eliminate sender's name on emails.

How can I eliminate my name from an email that I Forward, Reply or Reply All. I just one the email address to be seen alone w/o my name.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Delete unwanted folder on PC

I found that I have a mail folder in AOL acct. that I did not create. I can't delete the folder. Any suggestions on how to delete it?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, I’m sorry to hear that! We’d like to further investigate this, can you message us directly on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook on our AOL Customer Care page? In case you do not have a social media account, please contact us at help.aol.com

Thank you!

4. aol changes language unsolicitedly

AOL keeps changing the language of my email account...without even bothering to ask my consent. Any attempt to contact them fails because...aol email contact is inhibited due to Covid 19... while the entire world is working from their home office. About time that aol comes up with a little more credible excuse for ignoring their customers' preferences and needs.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. trash folder

stop automatically putting my incoming mail into my trash folder. I sjhould not have to go thru the "options" each day to make it stop.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. My e-mail was hacked a

Please help Someone is e-mailing addresses at least 30 per hour.
    What can I do to stop this?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Why has AOL Mail stopped working on Edge?

I cannot get AOL mail to function on Edge. It works fine with Chrome.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. How can I "unseat" in effect my AOL from Internet Explorer, and place it within Microsoft Edge?

How can I "unseat" in effect, my AOL from Internet Explorer to move it within Microsoft Edge?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there. If you wish to use AOL Mail on Edge, type mail.aol.com then after you have signed in, save the link as a bookmark. If you need additional help, message us directly on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook on our AOL Customer Care page. In case you do not have a social media account, please contact us at help.aol.com

10. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

207 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there. As we all know, technology is continuing to change and improve. While the connection you have been using may still work and was once the best, a better, more secure option is available. Basic auth is an older authentication method. A more secure authentication method called OAuth2 is now available. To ensure your account remains secure, we are requiring all applications to support OAuth2.

We recommend using the AOL Mail website and AOL email app so we can ensure you’re always using the most secure sign-in technology when accessing your email.

If you prefer to continue accessing your AOL email on your current third-party email application, including the default email application on your mobile phone, please see details below on how to ensure it’s syncing with the latest secure sign-in method: https://help.aol.com/articles/allow-apps-that-use-less-secure-sign-in

Thank you!

11. Fix the automated message PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE improve your outgoing automated message. They asked for the first 4 letters of my email address which I had to yell into the phone 5x before I was connected. Have been a loyal AOL member since 1996 or 1997 and should not have to work so hard to get to tech support. I am never late paying you for my support. Is it possible for you to change, update or just plain fix the automated message?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Take responsibility

NO one got back to me! I just want to know were the ml from Verizon is?

-----Original Message-----
    To: TIM BURNS <****aol.com>
    Sent: Wed, Apr 28, 2021 5:18 am
    Subject: [aol.uservoice.com] Support Request: '“Verizon said it would be sending e-m...'

~~~ This email is sent from a ‘no reply’ address, go here to leave a comment. ~~~
    AOL (turn on images)
    aol.uservoice.com
    Status update

An idea you supported has been closed. Thank you for your feedback.

Give feedback on other ideas to help us decide what to build next.
    75th
    ranked
    Support Request

“Verizon said it…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, can you please write to us at Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook on our AOL Customer Care page? In case you do not have a social media account, please contact us at help.aol.com We are unable to offer full support on this platform

13. Customer service

I called AOL to cancel a suspect subscription that I came across when my father passed away while going through his finances. He apparently had been paying $7.99 per month for 24 YEARS for services he NEVER RECEIVED. They were AOL support and security. In his AOL profile is showed 0% activated. The man I spoke with was EXTREMLY RUDE AND ARGUMENATIVE. I questioned why my father had been paying for a service he never received or utilized and i stated he had been taken advantage of, the AOL representative AGREED! I requested a refund of some sort and he…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your patience while we reviewed your feedback.

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

If you still need assistance or have additional questions, please contact our support team at help.aol.com

14. i am so upset! why is my trash being deleted before i can check it! i have been looking in settings all day.. nothing says trash settings..

i need to know how to NOT have my trash deleted.. i am very sick and am not getting important emails.. HELP! it should not be this difficult

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

By default, both the Trash and Spam folders empty automatically to keep your account tidy. You cannot change the Trash and Spam settings.

Trash deletion frequency – Trash is deleted after 7 days.
    Spam deletion frequency – Spam is deleted after 30 days.

15. Missing Contacts

Can you help?? - all my contacts have vanished out of my contacts list!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you’ve deleted your contacts or are suddenly missing some, don’t worry! Contacts can be restored to automatic save points in time.
    WARNING: The restore will replace any changes or additions made to your contacts since that time.

1. Click Contacts from the left panel in AOL Mail.
    2. Click More | Restore.
    3. Select a date to restore your contacts to from the drop-down menu.
    4. Click Restore.

16. I am not receiving emailed links from Zoom. Why? How can that be fixed?

Fix to ensure ****@***.us, as well as the following IP addresses, are allowed by your company's email server. The list of IPs are at
    https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360032808951-Not-able-to-receive-emails-from-Zoom

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Sort out the problem with your server access to my emails

What have you done to your email server? I can no longer access my aol emails via a second party email app such as Windows Mail. I can only access aol mail via your aol app on android which contains all sorts of rubbish or using a web browser to access 'AOL email'. Sort this out.
    ps. I'm already starting to move contacts to an alternative email address.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I have had a very frustrating couple of days not being to access my aol mail. Being asked to change the password, endlessly, being told tha

Please could you allow me to stay logged on to my aol.com email account and not keep asking me to change password, telling me that I have forgotten my password, endless frustrating stuff that I can do without! Please keep me logged on!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. We're glad you're here