AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Listenandprosper.com should surely have an X in the corner, all the other advertisements do. It always appears when I am in the middle o

PLEASE ALWAYS ENSURE THAT ANY ADVERTISEMENT HAS AN OPTION TO TURN IT OFF. LISTENANDPROSPER'S FAITH REMINDER ... ALWAYS APPEARS WHEN I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF TYPING A DOCUMENT AND THERE IS NO WAY OF TURNING IT OFF, I HAVE TO WAIT FOR ABOUT TEN MINUTES BEFORE I CAN RESUME TYPING MY DOCUMENTS, OR REDUCE THE SIZE OF MY DOCUMENTS AND TYPE ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE OF THE SCREEN .... IT WASTES SO MUCH TIME SURELY ALL ADVERTISEMENTS SHOULD HAVE THE OPTION OF TURNING THEM OFF WHEN YOU WANT TO WATCH LATER, THANKS oh and it is impossible to…

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop the "Control-Enter" method of sending email.

I'm very tired of having my reply sent before I'm ready because I hit "control-enter" by mistake while typing. I would very much like this characteristic of the system to go away, or at least have the option to disable it. Mousing over to the "send" button would be my only preferred way to send a message.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Why does the *****-in-Chief appear to the right hand of the main page continuously? Is there a way that is can be removed?

Allow us (users) to omit offensive subjects, like this subject matter of the clueless *****!!!

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. PREPARING EMAILS OFF LINE

You previous could prepare emails off line or view emails you saved without having to sign in. Why can't we do that now as the change was not an improvement?

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Color our Email page like Gmail and Yahoo mail. (not a stationary issue)

Please allow us to color our email page with either a personal picture or a picture online. And please do not merge this request with "stationary issues." I am referring to our personal email page. Thank you.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. address book

add address book to the list of options available.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. switching aol accounts

need to swirch to new email

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. AOL NEEDS TO MAKE A CODE SO WE MAY ADD LINKS TO BE ACCESSED WITH ONE CLICK

AOL NEEDS TO MAKE A CODE SO WE MAY ADD LINKS TO BE ACCESSED WITH ONE CLICK

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Reinstate your e-mail editing option of changing "all" instances of a particular email item.

It used to be that when AOL's e-mail editor identified one item in an email draft as being incorrect, it offered the option of changing all instances of that item in the draft. Please reinstate that functionality soonest. I don't know why you killed it in the first place. I made this recommendation more than a year ago, but so far, no action on my request.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. YOU GOT MAIL

VOLUME UP

SOUND UP YOU GOT MAIL

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Keep up with the New Breed of Internet Services

You are definitely the best internet service provider. With competition from
    Yahoo back in the day. You used mail-in disk service like Netflix. Because of too much popularity your systems were overloaded from a lack of forecasting the success of your platform. You have to update your methodologies in order to succeed in today's marketplace.
    Best Regards, Pat... !!!

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Edit Functions

I should be able to control my information on this account. Add edit function to options account info to allow me to add or delete phone number

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Some of us still use land lines. Could you call to give a verification code so not to be locked out of aol?

Could you call a land line with verification code. Some of us still have landlines. I don't want to get locked out because I can't get verification code. That would be a disaster.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add, Not Take Away = More Paying Customers

How can you really expect ANYONE to like your service? You have continued to reduce and take away features that we once enjoyed! It never improves from the moment it starts. Instead, you reduce it and make it more difficult and lame. How does this make good customer support/service? This has been the problem of AOL since its inception. You still don't get it. Add features, don't take away! Follow Google!

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Adding profile picture setting for email receivers to know what the email sender looks like

When people send an email it would be great for the receiver to see a picture of the person sending the email, just like the profile picture setting in Gmail. When an email receiever receives an aol email they see a blank photo representing the email senderl. Please look into fixing this issue to be more streamlined like your competitor email services

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I really love this email, AOL. I've used it since high school and am now in graduate school. It is very easy to use.

I really enjoy being able to change the theme of my email. It allows me to express how I'm feeling or my mood for that moment in time.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Listening to your subscribers

You only annoy people if you run controversial ads, like those for Planned Parenthood, that people find morally offensive

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. need to be able to 'see' my password in my admin area---(not just black dots)...folks like me that may need to change to a different browser

Need to make visible in the admin area of my account a place to see my password...not just black dots..

If you don't understand my suggestion then you aren't experienced enough to understand the solution..

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base