AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. emojis

Why not have an option to add our own emojis from the internet for Google or Mozilla Firefox??
    The AOL emojis are nice but mainly just happy faces! Why not give us a choioce of newer ones to update our e-mails etc.???

294th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. why is every single time i sign on i have a pop up from AOL ?

Why is every single time i sign i have a pop up from AOL ?

294th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO ADD A BLOCK ICON TO STOP THE SPAM THAT I RECEIVE ? IT WOULD BE A LOT EASIER TO GET RID OF THE JUNK !

WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO ADD A BLOCK ICON TO STOP THE SPAM THAT I RECEIVE ? IT WOULD BE A LOT EASIER TO GET RID OF THE JUNK ! MAYBE NEXT TO THE TRASH CAN ?

294th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. How can AOL.com mail open .docx attachments without first downloading? Please advise. Thank you.

Unlike IE, AOL.com mail fails to open .docx attachments using Firefox, without first downloading these files. How can this be fixed? Please advise. Thank you.

294th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 294th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Block email address/domains on mobile devices

Why is it not possible to add email addresses or domains to the block list on the AOL app or from the AOL website on mobile devices? It is ridiculous that I have to login on my laptop to perform such a simple task.

294th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Theme change

When changing the theme of AOL mail it would be nice to see the AOL mail removed from each theme. Users should know they are using AOL...

294th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I NEED TO INVITE PEOPLE TO MY CALENDAR EVENTS!!!!!

it's simple!!! I don't want share my calendar with other users, I want to invite some people only to a specific event. take example from other provider!

294th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Delete all read mail at once

All mail to be deleted at once after read

294th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make it more dependable

Lately, after composing an email, it states that it was not sent even though it was. During a session, I'm frequently told that I'm no longer signed in and then have to log in again. Often when I delete an email, the screen fades and the deletion is delayed for up to 30 seconds. Usually AOL is very dependable and stable. A friend on the other side of the country who also has AOL has told me that she is having these same problems. Please look into it. Much thanks.

294th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Release the blocked IDs!

We know that according to the AOL old policy, an inactive account will be deleted. Unfortunately, sometimes these IDs are unique and after deactivation it is not possible to get them again!

Could AOL release and unblock these IDs to be available to pick again? I believe in the era of Gmail this old policy will decrease the number of remaining customers of AOL email! and AOL should respect more the royal customers more.

294th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Adding US holidays to calendar!

How to add "US holidays" to my calendar?

294th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. address book

add address book to the list of options available.

294th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. How do I stop from closing an email when I just scroll back towads to top of it?

Let me turn off the auto close of email just because I scroll up on the email.

294th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Spelling

There should be a way to add spelling of new words to the dictionary.

294th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. recently deleted needs an option

add option to choose when recently deleted mail gets permanently deleted. i feel like it deletes to soon

294th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. put the dates back on the email instead of the time of day the email was sent to you or fix it where the people

do not change someone's email to the time of day the email was sent to to me out the clear blue aol changed my email to show me when the mail was sent the time of day. I would appreciate it if you would change mind back to the date. That works for me the date the email came in.

294th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Aol has changed a simple access to enter into iPhones and iPads ones email

I'm confused here. AOL did something new and changed their algorithms to block access I've had for 25 years. Since I have multiple email addresses it was always easy to enter them into my iPhone. Now, if I hit "add account" it puts me into the sign up for aol which is not what I need. Before there were 4 lines of name, email address, password etc and we received check marks to show they were legit with AOL. Now we can't do that. What did you guys change????? It's messed up my iPhone and iPad unnecessarily . As the…

294th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Monitor suspicious looking email, that really does not make any seance.

Improvement in spam, that might contain a vairus and email that contains false bank information, to fool any unsuspecting party to give personal vital information.

Also mail advising you for confirmation that a request has been received to stop any membership or subscription, when in reality one was never sent in the first place?

294th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Dark Interface and Virtual Disk?

Hi AOL Team,

A completely dark interface and virtual disk is not bad.

Thanks.

294th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base