AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adding profile picture setting for email receivers to know what the email sender looks like

When people send an email it would be great for the receiver to see a picture of the person sending the email, just like the profile picture setting in Gmail. When an email receiever receives an aol email they see a blank photo representing the email senderl. Please look into fixing this issue to be more streamlined like your competitor email services

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I really love this email, AOL. I've used it since high school and am now in graduate school. It is very easy to use.

I really enjoy being able to change the theme of my email. It allows me to express how I'm feeling or my mood for that moment in time.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Listening to your subscribers

You only annoy people if you run controversial ads, like those for Planned Parenthood, that people find morally offensive

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. need to be able to 'see' my password in my admin area---(not just black dots)...folks like me that may need to change to a different browser

Need to make visible in the admin area of my account a place to see my password...not just black dots..

If you don't understand my suggestion then you aren't experienced enough to understand the solution..

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sending emails from aol to cell phones.

Will we ever be able to sent emails to cell phones again?????

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The flag next to the selection box

The placement of the important flag next to the selection box is in a bad place. When you try to delete several emails at once that may be advertisements that you choose not to view, you accidentally hit the flag because of its placement and loose the selections you have made to delete. Put the important flag in a different area. This is annoying.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Option to use regular AOL webmail on tablets

Why can’t I use regular AOL webmail on my tablet? When I logged on to my AOL e-mail for the first time, I was forced to use AOL Mail for tablets and I HATE it! I specifically don’t use any e-mail clients on my iPad because the interfaces and capabilities are awful, nothing like using regular webmail or full-featured desktop e-mail client.

You’ve got all the necessities available in the tablet interface, why can’t I just use it like using regular AOL webmail on my laptop? It’s all just whatever internet computer languages are used (HTML, PHP, Java, etc.), so…

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I HATE being forced into using red fonts from links, not being allowed to change the color. GET RID OF THEM!

I think AOL should not be dictating the color of links I choose to embed in my email in RED FONT. UGLY! I can't stand them.

The color RED should not be written in stone. We need to be able to change the color. RED is not always palatable, and I, for one, have trouble viewing the color red. It's ******* my eyes. I can't even change the color to a dull red!

Fix it, please!

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Blinking words within emails

It would be great if there was a way to not only highlight words in an email, but to have them 'blinking' as well.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When i open my mail the first mail is open for 2seconds then goes to old mail. This started when you did changes. This might be just on my a

My first mail is going to old mail before i have chance to read it. This is a problem since you did the changes.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I can honestly say that your browser/interface for email is one of the worst I have ever seen

I have persevered with the interface since the conversion from Verizon and I must say it has not gotten any better. You would think there would be some improvement or at lease up to the standards of the current century.
    Let's go people. Do something even if its wrong.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Updating Account Information

Lately AOL has been asking me to update my contact information by adding additional phone numbers, email addresses, etc. You seem only to accept mobile numbers, but you don't say so. When I add my landline number, you assume it is a mobile. Then I just have to remove it. This happens on several accounts.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please CARE about AOL member wants & restore EMAIL ALERTS sending text notifications when certain sender mail was received --

Not everyone lives online.

If AOL wants to keep members & give value, stop pushing unasked for products and services and please deliver those functions and features this long-time member actually relied upon & utilized frequently.

Really tired of indifferent AOL customer service.

I am PAYING for this ACCOUNT, but AOL delivers incredibly poor customer interaction, and trying to gain assistance, even when the source is AOL technical difficulties, is just infuriating. With every issue and contact, I get closer to leaving AOL. . .

What is WRONG WITH THIS COMPANY that they cannot listen -- or grasp that they…

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. sucks

your new interfaces suck. instead of having any kind of "classic" email i have the option between "standard" which is bar none the worst email setup i have ever seen (seriously who opens emails as popups ant what were you thinking when you designed the UI) or a "Basic/accessible" which is neither its like you tried to give your "standard" interface an older look without knowing how email has worked for the last 25 years. this new oath group so far looks to be horrid. how can you be this large of a company and not know how email is…

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Create "move to" folder algorithm for move "after" or "if older than" date

I have a massive inbox. I would like to move bulk mail into "year" folders. If I could at least indicate all of like "2017" emails to a folder I could reduce the inbox to maybe 4 back months of emails, and have yearly saved folders.

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Remove checkbox for "All" Inbox

Several times, I've accidentally clicked the box above the inbox and deleted everything in my inbox. I've caught it and was able to move it back, but what if I do the same in the trash box and actually delete it!?! REMOVE that check box!

260th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base