AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please remove the American Express information from the From line where my email address is shown.

Remove it please, I do not know how this appeared in my email address line.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

40 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

You may want to try changing your Display Name. Sign in and under your username, click Options / Mail Settings. Select Compose from the left panel and change the Display name field, then click Save to finalize your selection.

2. Massive spam I cannot BLOCK

I have SETTINGS on getting email ONLY CONTACTS yet every day I get 100 + emails from a site(s) that has infinite disposable none repetitive FROM addresses. I detest those FILTERS which DO NOT FILTER. PLEASE MAKE THE ACTUAL FROM CONTACTS ONLY DO EXACTLY THAT.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. How to get my name and email address to always show at the bottom of emails I send

My name and email used to automatically appear below all emails I sent. They have now disappeared. I would like to know how to get this facility back. There is nothing in settings.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To create and set a signature in AOL Mail, please go to mail.aol.com from a PC or laptop then follow these steps:

1. Under your username, click Options | Mail Settings.

2. Click the “Compose” tab.

3. Next to “Rich Text/HTML,” select Use signature.

4. Enter your signature info.

5. Click Save Settings.

5. two factor authentication

I am not a fan of two-factor authentication. If that's a requirement i will close my account. I am not a fan of AOL sending me a code on my phone to enter to access my aol account.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please tell me how do I now if an email is really from OATH or is phishing

How do I now if an email is really from OATH of is spam/ Fraudulent

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Stop messing with the format . I didnt ask you to change my settings. Stop It !!!!!!~!!~!~~!~!

Stop messing with my format. I didn't ask you to change my settings, Change yours if you want and leave my stuff alone.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Quit ******* making me all the time changing my Security and passwords

If you ******* don’t quit making me change my password and security questions I’m gonna ******* drop your ***

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Why am I constantly receiving spam mail that states my aol account will be deactivated

Why am I receiving spam mail that states my aol account will be deactivated and that I requested the deactivation on "9/15/19"!!??

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please reinstate the STATIONERY feature. It was so cool! Why get rid of it?

Please reinstate the STATIONERY feature. It was so cool! Why get rid of it?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The stationery option is still in AOL Webmail. To make it available, please make sure that:

Any ad-blocking program is turned off in your browser (if you use one)

The setting “Always write mail in full pane compose” is selected in Mail – Options – Mail Settings – Compose – Default Compose mode in the Standard version of Webmail.

11. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out. Our engineering team is working on a fix as we speak and the issue should be resolved soon. If you’re still experiencing problems in a few days please let us know so we can investigate further.

We hope this helps and appreciate your patience!

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

12. Cant log into my long time unactive account deactivated

Need to log in to all of my old accounts I think there are many people needing to know I am still alive

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. There is no way I can check for spelling for my mail

There is no way to check for misspelling when I log on to mail and then go to compose like you said to click on for misspelling before I send it.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To enable spell check go to Options—>Mail Settings—>Compose—>Sending section—> enable Check spelling before sending message.

14. Fix your servers

Announce you will not support third party email.
    Because you do not for more than two days at a time then 30 minutes of work on our part on the phone with you just nets us two days service. If you don't want to serve us, JUST SAY SO.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Check the Incoming mail server settings in your email application, and make sure they match the IMAP/POP settings in the section titled “Update server settings” from the following help article: https://help.aol.com/articles/how-do-i-set-up-other-email-applications-to-send-and-receive-my-verizon-net-mail

The incoming and outgoing mail servers require SSL enabled for all ports, and also the username field in the account setup, needs to contain your full email address, including @verizon.net at the end.

In case your server settings are correct, open the link below (and sign in if necessary), and make sure the option “Allow apps that use less secure sign-in” is turned ON.

https://login.aol.com/account/security

After this turning ON this option, check if your mail application is able to connect. If the problem persists, verify if the “Two-step verification” option on the Account Security page (the URL above) is turned ON or OFF.

In case this feature is turned ON, you will have to create a…

15. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please check if you can access your account by going to mail.aol.com in a browser. If you can successfully sign in, we have some troubleshooting steps to try:

- check the Incoming mail server settings in your email application, and make sure they match the IMAP/POP settings in the section titled “Update server settings” from the following help article: https://help.aol.com/articles/how-do-i-set-up-other-email-applications-to-send-and-receive-my-verizon-net-mail

- the incoming and outgoing mail servers require SSL enabled for all ports, and also the username field in the account setup, needs to contain your full email address, including @verizon.net at the end.

- in case your server settings are correct, open the link below (and sign in if necessary), and make sure the option “Allow apps that use less secure sign-in” is turned ON.

https://login.aol.com/account/security

After this turning ON this option, check if your mail application is able to connect. If the problem persists, verify if…

16. BULK MAIL

BULK MAIL -POLICY CHANGE DEC 2018 IN REGARDS TO BULK MAIL . FOR 10 YEARS IVE BEEN ABLE TO SEND OUT MULTIPLE EMAILS WITH BCC OF APPROX 600 NAMES --8 EMAILS - WHICH ARE THE EMAIL ADDRESSES IN MY AOL MAIL GROUPS - STARTING IN 12/18 I AM NO LONGER ABLE TO DO SO ..THIS IS VERY BAD FOR SMALL AT HOME BUSINESS OWNERS - THEY ARE ALL EMAIL ADDRESSES FOR PEOPLE IVE SOLD ON EBAY SINCE 2001 - NOT RANDOM PEOPLE I DO NOT KNOW - I NEED SOME SORT OF EXCEPTION THAT WAS AVAIL TO ME SINCE 2008…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I CANNOT DELETE MY E MAIL IT WON'T ALLOW ME ERROR MESSAGE

CANNOT DLLETE BATCHES OF EMAIL ANY LONGER
    FRUSTRATING

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you encounter errors when you delete a large number of emails at once you can try using a different browser or switching to the Basic version of AOL Mail. You can delete multiple emails at once by page. Here’s how to switch to the Basic version: Options—>Basic/Accessible Version.

18. Please remove 'recaptcha' from sign-in process .. most obnoxious.

Please remove 'recaptcha' from sign-in process .. most obnoxious.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. How can the cost of AOL be decreased.

Discounts to disable clients, on a fixed income.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Follow the steps below to learn how to change your AOL membership by going to myaccount.aol.com.
    1. Click My Services | Subscriptions to access your account information.

2. Click Manage next to your subscription.

3. Click Change Plan and select the option that best suits your needs.

20. I can’t open my emails. This happens regularly. I don’t have this problem with my other email account that’s not with aol.

I can’t open my emails AGAIN. I’m getting a new email that’s not with aol. This happens all the time! I need to read my emails. And this customer service is unacceptable!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

This was a known issue which our engineers have corrected. Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience.

Yahoo Product Support

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base