AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. One of my email usernames was accidentally removed from my account. I was told on the chat room that the lost username could not be put back

There must be a way to puit a lost username back on the account. It seems that it would be a simple thing to do.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In the past, AOL offered the ability to create secondary usernames linked to this Master username, however, as of November 30, 2017, the ability to add or manage additional usernames has been removed.

You can no longer create secondary usernames or designate alternate Master usernames. You’ll only be able to delete each username separately, as each name is now considered its own account.

More info here: https://help.aol.com/articles/account-management-managing-your-aol-username

2. I DON'T want to receive email notices about calendar events !!!!!!

I DON'T want to receive email notices about calendar events !!!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In order to disable the reminder, open your AOL Calendar, locate the event and click on it, then select Edit. Next Click on the drop-down arrow next to the reminder section, and select “No reminder” from the drop-down.

3. Please bring back the "Old Mail" folder so the mail that has been read will automatically go to that folder.

Please bring back the "Old Mail" folder so the mail that has been read will automatically go to that folder.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To use Old Mail folder please go to your AOL Mail inbox – Click Options | Mail Settings – Click the General tab, if not already there, next to “Inbox Style,” select Use New/Old style – Click Save Settings.

4. links are not showing up blue in sent emails

need links contained in email sent to be clickable by receiver to go directly to a linked website

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

To send emails with hyperlinks, please go to compose, select the words that you want to sent as links, then click on the link symbol from the toolbar. A new window will appear and in the second field paste the URL.

5. Fix the sign-in process

What has changed that now causes my e-mail access to revert back to the "Are you sure you want to sign out?" screen after I've entered my login and password? What is the purpose of this step? After I've entered my login and password, it SHOULD take me directly to my Inbox, but it no longer does.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It is possible that you have bookmarked the login page, which uses a unique URL. We recommend going to mail.aol.com, and after signing in make a new bookmark for AOL Mail. In case you need to access multiple accounts from the same device, sign out of AOL Mail, and the bookmark will lead you to the login page.

6. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Verizon Account Users/Accounts Not working as of August 5th.

Verizon email account users. As of 8/5/2021 Verizon emails are not able to be received and or sent successfully. This occurs with any third-party email clients. It's an AOL server issue. It is not a password, or server setting issue. AOL, please investigate your email server for Verizon account users.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Todd,

Thanks for reaching out. Please try generating an app password, which can be found at the bottom of the page under “Account Security.” You can navigate there by clicking Options and selecting “Account Info.”

Please let us know if you experience any issues.

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

8. I want to keep my Pop Up Blocker on

Suddenly I am getting message in Chrome when I check my emails that .....
    Could not open window.If you have a pop-up blocker installed, please make sure it is disabled.

But I always have a Pop Up Blocker on.

I cannot open and links in my emails now - WHY please - can we have some product support.

I do not want pop ups all the time in chrome when I am reading pages or looking at You Tube etc etc.

So why has AOL put this in ?

If I look on Firefox, there is no issues.

If I…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In order to resolve the issue, you will need to click on the pop-up blocker icon at the end of the address box, and select ‘Always allow pop-ups and redirects from mail.aol.com‘, then click on ‘Done’. In case you do not see the pop-up blocker icon at the end of the address box, first try to open a link from an email, and the icon should show up.

9. There is no more "You got mail sound".... removed?

There is no more "You got mail sound".... I used to work with AOL mail several years ago, and now that I joined once again, I notieced you guys don't have such setting anymore, the sound gave particular meaning to myself. Why it was removed?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To enable the “New Mail” notification please follow the steps:

1. Sign in to AOL Mail.

2. Under your username, click Options | Mail Settings.

3. Click the “General” tab, if you’re not already on it.

4. Next to “New Mail,” make sure to have check the “Play a sound when new mail arrives”,

5. Click Save.

10. Stop double dumping email already received from your server already in my inbox.

Stop re-sending the same email already in my Outlook in box. You agreed to allow Verizon to use your server for email delivery. To prevent an overload on your system I delete messages from your inbox every ten days already in my inbox, yet you double dump when there are only 8 days in your system. The quicker I remove them from your system, the quicker you double dump. This is without doubt harassment on your part so that I pay protection from you to stop this from happening. I am about to go to the FCC to investigate this…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

When using POP3 and leaving a copy of messages on the server the client (Outlook) keeps track of what has been downloaded by storing a UID value for each message that it has downloaded. If the client forgets the UID value of messages that have been downloaded, messages will be downloaded again. Unfortunately this cannot be undone, and the emails need to be manually deleted.

We recommend setting-up your account using the IMAP protocol to avoid this sort of issue in the future. To setup your account using IMAP, please follow the steps here: https://help.aol.com/articles/verizon-move-to-aol-mail-setting-up-your-new-aol-account-in-a-third-party-email-program-or-mobile-device-imap

11. make pages instead od one big batch

make pages instead of one big batch

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can see pages in Basic version of AOL Mail. To do so, please go to “Options” and then make sure to click on “Basic/Accessible version”.

12. Why

Why do you think I'm in the UK? I live in Los Angeles

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

When you see incorrect local information (such as the news or weather for a different location) on your Welcome Screen, you may want to verify your location is correct. This can be done by making sure your correct City, State is in the top left of your Welcome Screen.

If it is not, please click “Update Your Location” under Local News and Weather, enter your Zip Code and press Save.

If this does not work, please clear your cache, cookies, and history.
    Here is an article for instructions: http://aol.it/1KTJUg6
    Then try adding in your Zip Code again.

13. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. All of my messages from netscape / aim are bounced back as "suspicious" by yahoo. I've had to change my password twice in two days. Why????

Get with the folks at yahoo.com and figure out why netscape / aim mails I'm sending are being bounced as "suspicious". I've changed my password twice in two days. You're forcing me to use gmail, which I HATE.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Logo in my email signature

I had a logo (jpeg) in my email signature and that has recently disappeared and I don't see how to reinsert it--has that option been taken away?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We wanted to follow-up with you, we are working on increasing the limit for the signature.

If you have a longer signature, please make sure to remove some characters.

16. app and passwords

I can log into my AOL anywhere but into the actual AOL app, why is that, it tells me my password is incorrect!! I am getting very frustrated with that and I do not feel that I need to change my password to appease an application. Please help! Thank you!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are using the AOL App, you should be signing in with the same password you use to log into mail.aol.com on your desktop computer. To make sure you are typing the correct password, disable the spell check feature on your mobile keyboard, and remember that the password is case sensitive.

17. What is with the Guci redirect when i try to get to my mail? Is this the latest for 2020 to make you buy your tech support?

Get that Guci redirection site out of here. Every time I try to sign in. Is this the latest for 2020, to get you to buy a tech support program for Christmas?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! Please follow these steps in order to fix this issue:

1. Go to Internet Options
    2. Go to the second tab(“Security”)
    3. For the first zone, named “Internet” – press Reset all zones to default level
    4. Go to the third zone: “Trusted Sites” and click on “Sites”
    5. Type in https://guce.advertising.com then click on Add and Close
    6. Hit Ok and reboot the browser.

18. spam settings

Your Product (ahem!) 'Support'(?!?) does not help one iota...as a reply which you gave as...."Due to recent adjustments to the AOL Mail platform, the Spam Settings customization, are no longer available for all accounts. We apologize for the inconvenience. In order to block a specific sender, go to Options – Mail Settings – Spam Settings and add the email addresses in the box below “Block Mail from Addresses I Specify”, then click Save Settings at the bottom, and in case you receive unwanted emails in the Inbox, mark them as Spam.".... DOES NOT WORK EITHER!!!!!
    I enter the email address…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

After typing the email address in the ‘Block mail from addresses I specify’ box, press Enter on your keyboard or click on the + sign at the end of the box. After you are done adding all the email addresses you want to block, click on ‘Save Settings’ at the bottom of the page.

19. Go back to showing the real ***@yyy.domain email address! Option is stuck on Names!

A bug crept in and now I get names but am optioned to see addresses.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Your recent re-structuring now will not work on my MOTOROLA DROID MAXX cell phone.

You need to contact cell phone users of sync'g and let them know what unique changes in the "port" like settings need to be applied. Can no longer add the AOL mail sync.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please check the Incoming mail server settings in your email application, and make sure they match the IMAP/POP settings in the section titled “AOL Mail POP and IMAP settings” from the following help article: https://help.aol.com/articles/how-do-i-use-other-email-applications-to-send-and-receive-my-aol-mail

The incoming and outgoing mail servers require SSL enabled for all ports, and also the username field in the account setup, needs to contain your full email address, including @aol.com at the end.

In case your server settings are correct, open the link below (and sign in if necessary), and make sure the option “Allow apps that use less secure sign-in” is turned ON.

https://login.aol.com/account/security

After this turning ON this option, check if your mail application is able to connect. If the problem persists, verify if the “Two-step verification” option on the Account Security page (the URL above) is turned ON or OFF.

In case this feature is turned ON, you…

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base