How can we improve AOL Mail?

Spam Settings

This a complaint more than an idea for improvement. On 8/24/18 the spam controls for one of my email address has stopped filtering out spam. I add address to the "Block mail from addresses I specify" box but emails from those addresses keep coming. The whole mail controls page for that email address has changed, My other email addresses have remained unchanged. What gives??? This is very inconvenient.

1st ranked
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tom shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Due to recent adjustments to the AOL Mail platform, the Spam Settings customization, are no longer available for all accounts. We apologize for the inconvenience. In order to block a specific sender, go to Options – Mail Settings – Spam Settings and add the email addresses in the box below “Block Mail from Addresses I Specify”, then click Save Settings at the bottom, and in case you receive unwanted emails in the Inbox, mark them as Spam.

839 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not a constructive answer. I am a paying customer and expect support and all functions. Why are some accounts no longer available ? How do I make them available to mine. I do not have the time to list EVERY SINGLE E-MAIL, AND THEY CHANGE TO ANOTHER WHEN BLOCKED. I WANT THIS FUNCTION ON MY ACCOUNT AS I PAY FOR YOUR SERVICE. WHY DONT YOU JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION(S) DIRECTLY ???

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not a constructive answer. I am a paying customer and expect support and all functions. Why are some accounts no longer available ? How do I make them available to mine. I do not have the time to list EVERY SINGLE E-MAIL, AND THEY CHANGE TO ANOTHER WHEN BLOCKED. I WANT THIS FUNCTION ON MY ACCOUNT AS I PAY FOR YOUR SERVICE. WHY DONT YOU JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION(S) DIRECTLY ???

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They allow spam...Perhaps AOL is selling our email addresses and want to create a " Profit base."

If something is being sent to you that has someone else name on it, Why isn't the person receiving that email be allowed to control it ? In AOL's case, there are no controls. I have tried to UNSUB from these emails, most don't have any to UNSUB from them. With AOL lack of controls you can receive garbage all day and no one cares. AOL is allowing us to be held ******* to all these SPAMMERS. I am still switching everything to Yahoo.

spam folder management

would like every email in the spam folder to be blocked in one click and never to be received again from each email address once it is blocked - is this possible? can't be typing each email address in the block feature that is currently in place - or clear out the spam folder once a week instead of accumulating for weeks.....and once cleared - not to be received in the spam folder again.......

thanks,

• Rosie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SPAM HAS GOTTEN OUT OF HAND!!!
    IN THE PAST MONTH IT HAS BEEN HORRIFIC. I AM AMONG THE MANY WHO ARE CONSIDERING USIE OF ANOTHER SERVER, UNLESS THIS IS CORRECTED.

• Collis Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I keep getting emails that my account is being deactivated. I have not requested this and I keep deleting it.

AOL mail has suddenly started sending things to spam which I do not want to go to spam. I can't find any way of changing the settings so that these items will NOT be shunted to spam.

asbjrmd@aol.com

clearing out the spam folder after one week by aol - possible? i have more than 2 weeks worth sitting in the spam folder........once its cleared - do these emails get blocked automatically?

I did that and this idiot still sends about 15-20 a day from different businesses.

• Carlee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do I Block ALL EMAILS COMING FROM .US AND STARTING WITH NEWSLETTER@ ????
    IT'S THOUSANDS OF ADS FROM COMPANIES I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE MY EMAIL ADDRESS. AOL, PLEASE BLOCK? SPAM IS A WICKED WAY TO ADVERTISE!!!

• Carlee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All Spam Emails beginning with newsletter@ and ending with .us are sending thousands of advertisements to me. There must be a way to STOP the jerk that's using my email to send all this unwanted ads. AOL needs to show me how to BLOCK all spam coming from .us that start with newsletter@....

In the past, spam settings allowed me to indicate words that might appear in the subject line rather than just email addresses for blocking. Why is this feature no longer offered?

I'm getting more spam each day. I've changed my email settings and my password. I used to be able to filter Spam, and those features are no longer in the software of AOL. Why did you make those changes? I'm getting more spam than real email. Someone from AOL has distributed my email for this to happen. I try to protect who has my email, and you are the only company that I can think of that would distribute it. I'd like to be able to have the same firewall I had to block spam, and you people have eliminated something that worked well. Fix your program! Or call my stepson who can give you some better ideas for customer service. I'm truly thinking of exclusively using google mail because they don't do what you people are doing.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do I remove my address from AOL mail so I don't have to deal with this Spam problem which has gotten out of control this past week. I don't have the time to go in and block every spam email I receive! I don't have any of these issues with Gmail.

AOL must do something about SPAM ! I have 601 Spam Emails.....92 of which are addressed to Pamela. Seems that they have openings she might be interested in...There is NO PAMELA IN MY EMAIL ADDRESS. I have asked them to stop, they just send more. That is called harassment. I have asked for a reply to this problem, that, too has fallen on deaf ears.

Just wanted to say thanks for removing all the spam controls. You guys are the best at ruining a perfectly working system to replace it with a totally faulty one. Give yourselves a round of applause, because your customers will NOT! Hopefully everyone will see that you will not fix or change anything because you do not care about your customers and when enough people leave the service you will go bankrupt.

AOL should not be allowed to do business anymore, they do not care about their customers! TAKE YOUR SPAM AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR A$$ AOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 41 42

Feedback and Knowledge Base