How can we improve AOL Mail?

Spam Settings

This a complaint more than an idea for improvement. On 8/24/18 the spam controls for one of my email address has stopped filtering out spam. I add address to the "Block mail from addresses I specify" box but emails from those addresses keep coming. The whole mail controls page for that email address has changed, My other email addresses have remained unchanged. What gives??? This is very inconvenient.

1st ranked
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tom shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Due to recent adjustments to the AOL Mail platform, the Spam Settings customization, are no longer available for all accounts. We apologize for the inconvenience. In order to block a specific sender, go to Options – Mail Settings – Spam Settings and add the email addresses in the box below “Block Mail from Addresses I Specify”, then click Save Settings at the bottom, and in case you receive unwanted emails in the Inbox, mark them as Spam.

1146 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Karen Ferraro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
    I receive more spam than I do email items. I have tried writing down the addresses and then
    doing as the feedback suggests but it doesn't seem to work. Some days I have 30-60 spam
    items and only three mail items. And sometimes the spam items get into the good mail.
    I really wish I could get rid of the spam. I love AOL, I just wish they could help.

• bingo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ability to hilight all real junk-spam and in one action put them all not deleted on the block-filter list

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

my SPAM folder keeps growing day after day. I should be able to select something like "delete the entire folder after X days." the folder takes up space at AOL or on my phone, and it's all entirely useless. I should be able to tell AOL: if it's been there a week, it should "auto delete."
    also: bring back the SPAM filter setting by words, not email addresses. That way, I can nix things with "CBD" and stuff like that.

• Matthew Nelson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

by letting me mark spam emails not your servers. Dont have your servers auto mark as spam for this company ***********. untell this is fixxed i will be moving to gmail account.

I frequently get fishing emails from a name I know, but they are really someone else stealing that name. How do they know who I know, and why do you allow someone else to use that name that doesn't belong to them? They usually go to spam, but I often at least read them to see if it really is an email from someone I know.

• KAREN WILLIAMS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

U ALL NEED 2 GO BACK 2 THE SPAM SETTINGS WE USE 2 HAVE..IM TIRED OF GETTING ALL THIS **** IN MY MAIL AND DONT GIVE ME THIS **** U CANT YES U CAN PUT IT BACK LIKE IT WAS..TAKES ME WAY LONGER 2 GO THREW MY MAIL WITH ALL THE GARBAGE IN MY WAY

• Carolyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even though my husband's name is in my contact list, in the last couple of weeks, his emails are going into SPAM. I cannot figure out why.

How can I send 59 SPAMs - received within the past 26 hrs - to you via e-mail. I'm sure you're very interested in them....I AM NOT!!!!
    I DON'T WANT TO SEE THAT AGAIN! YOUR EXPLANATION/EXCUSES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE. YOUR SYSTEM STINKS!

STOP ALLOWING 62 SPAM JUNK MAIL IN ONE DAY. WHY CAN'T YOU CONTROL THIS. I HAVE BLOCKED AS MUCH AS I CAN, AND YET I STILL AM GETTING 60+ PIECES OF SPAM DAILY. IF IT DOESN'T STOP, I AM SWITCHING INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER

You recent changes to aol mail and handling spam, including removing key words has caused all of my account to be littered with spam over 30 items. Please fix the problem.

Can AOL post and let us know if they are listening or doing anything about all the SPAM messages we have to weed through every day? Seems like nothing changes. Or if it does it is for the worse. If AOL wants to retain people using their service, they need to listen and respond to the complaints.

• Carlee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how do I stop block spam emails that keep changing the second half of their email address like.... newsletter@ or admin@ or supermail@ or manager@.... They keep changing the 2nd half of the email and it pushes into my Spam. How do I Block these crazy senders???

• Michael Geibel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Atm we have to mark spam, which sends it to the spam folder where we again have to take action, but that only deletes that particular item, then requiring us to manually add it to a block list. If I mark it as spam in the first place, I most likely (you think?) don't want any other mail from that address (which would then just require a delete).
    Then again, that would be TOO user-friendly on your part, wouldn't it?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 57 58

Feedback and Knowledge Base