How can we improve AOL Mail?

Where is the "Check status" option on my sent mail?

Where is the "Check status" option on my sent mail?

22nd ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MFB shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

45 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dan Bower commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do you get conformation on the e-mail I send out was received.
        The Day and Time that it was opened.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been an AOL user for twenty years and I am now forced to change to Outlook as my old e-mails cannot be saved and sent mails status not available.

• Pellie Kahn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it's about time to change my email address which is something I said I'd never do. I told people I'd have aol until I died or AOL ceased to exist. I got AOL the first day that I had internet when we moved to the USA in 1995. But I think ending the status of SENT MAIL might be the final straw. Please fix this!

I pay for AOL and have for more than twenty-five plus years! And you get rid of status if read????? Give me a friggin break! I'm trying to fin out if my 93 yr old mother is reading the email, much less alive!!!!

• Lynn Del commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Check status was an important feature of AOL. We are paying for AOL but getting less for it. Also mail isn't received on a timely basis.

My AOL mail has message dvbusken@aol.com. I emailed awhile ago. Just wanted to give my name. This is David Busken. my aol account dvbusken@aol.com. got message stating my aol account is temporarily unavailable. Could you please let me know why? And do you know when I will be able to get into my account again?

I am really upset that AOL has taken away the check status feature on its mail. It was an important feature. Maybe it is time for me to drop AOL.

AOL has removed the Status feature on sent mail. WHY? This is not a free app! This was/is an important feature!
        Art work for emails that was on the old AOL was removed from the Gold.
        I used to be able to copy an animated pix and place it in an AOL email retaining the animation.
        No longer can do this.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why doesn't AOL address this issue? I along with many other people rely on this feature. Why do away with it?

Removing this feature sucks. We pay more for AOL and have less features now.
        Another reason to drop AOL

• gail commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AOL has gotten rid of this feature. Pay more money, get less for it.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What a novel idea, one that AOL had before they F'd everything up and removed all of the good mail controls. So people they do not care and WILL NOT FIX ANY OF IT! CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT!

pleas consider offering the opportunity to send a received or read link to confirm recipients have actually received or read important messages.
        This is a very important part of sending important emails

• Jack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have discontinued a valuable feature. "Check status" Need it back! AOL Gold is a real setback. You're going to lose more customers!

With so many emails erroneously going to spam and the receiving party never even knowing about it, having a 'read receipt' available for critically important emails will give the sender much needed visibility.

Confirmed email receipt (that it had been opened ) was a staple of AOL Mail for years. I hate to say it, but it all started going to shyte after they removed AOL Chat Rooms.

I would love to have an option to receive a "read notification" whenever the recipient opens the email.

• D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What happened to CHECK STATUS on sent mail?? Why doesn't AOL answer this question that SO MANY people are complaining about and DO something about it?

I need the message status function back ASAP it helps me a lot with business ... I’ve used aol for many years ... this is a real problem now

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base