How can we improve AOL Mail?

Where is the "Check status" option on my sent mail?

Where is the "Check status" option on my sent mail?

20th ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MFB shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

37 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AOL has removed the Status feature on sent mail. WHY? This is not a free app! This was/is an important feature!
        Art work for emails that was on the old AOL was removed from the Gold.
        I used to be able to copy an animated pix and place it in an AOL email retaining the animation.
        No longer can do this.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why doesn't AOL address this issue? I along with many other people rely on this feature. Why do away with it?

Removing this feature sucks. We pay more for AOL and have less features now.
        Another reason to drop AOL

• gail commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AOL has gotten rid of this feature. Pay more money, get less for it.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What a novel idea, one that AOL had before they F'd everything up and removed all of the good mail controls. So people they do not care and WILL NOT FIX ANY OF IT! CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT!

pleas consider offering the opportunity to send a received or read link to confirm recipients have actually received or read important messages.
        This is a very important part of sending important emails

• Jack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have discontinued a valuable feature. "Check status" Need it back! AOL Gold is a real setback. You're going to lose more customers!

With so many emails erroneously going to spam and the receiving party never even knowing about it, having a 'read receipt' available for critically important emails will give the sender much needed visibility.

Confirmed email receipt (that it had been opened ) was a staple of AOL Mail for years. I hate to say it, but it all started going to shyte after they removed AOL Chat Rooms.

I would love to have an option to receive a "read notification" whenever the recipient opens the email.

• D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What happened to CHECK STATUS on sent mail?? Why doesn't AOL answer this question that SO MANY people are complaining about and DO something about it?

I need the message status function back ASAP it helps me a lot with business ... I’ve used aol for many years ... this is a real problem now

If this were still a free app, I could see how this would disappear. But, I now pay $5 a month. I expect improvements, not take-aways. Please restore!

• Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As of 11/25 still not available. I first tried AOL Help and that did not cover the question at all. AOL should just Fess up and say no longer available

seems aol has taken away "show message status".. i need it.. please give it back!

I would like to see a notification when the recipient reads the email that you have sent to them.

• kerry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where is it? On another site to get the direction on how to check the status it states look for the following
        "Click "Action" above the list of sent emails, then click "Show Message Status." The message's status will appear next to the email address on the dialog box that appears. Click "OK" to exit."

This is NO WHERE in my email sent box or anywhere in my email boxes. HOWDO I TRACK THE IMPORTANT MAIL???? I have been an AOL email user since 1997 and NEED to track my sent messages!!!

• Pam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have had AOL Gold for quite awhile, removing the status option just occurred recently with me. It is an important function, and it needs to be restored ASAP. Are there any other surprises in the works that you are going to rescind on?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base