How can we improve AOL Mail?

Where is the "Check status" option on my sent mail?

Where is the "Check status" option on my sent mail?

19th ranked
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MFB shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

56 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

after an email message was sent, there was an option for a email sender to click "status" to check when an email was opened by the recipient but still allow the sender to make changes before the message was opened. can this be reinstated?

• Robin Hubert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be a way to ascertain if mail is received by recipient. If there is a way that I just don't know of, EXCUUUSE ME! Thanks for the opportunity to chime in. Robin

• roger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to add receipt of email, so you know they got it and opened it

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree - status was a key component of aol. No point in spending for gold. Access email on the web or download app. All saved mail still there along wih folders. Glad I never went for gold.

• Alyce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I received notification from my security protection site that my master email is on the dark web. It was associated with an particular website which I deactivated but I believe it ridiculous not to be allowed to changed our Master ID. I have been with AOL for 22 years. Yet if I can not change my master ID maybe I should cancel and go to another mail system. Right now I am changing my Email ID to a another ID created under the AOL account and plan to not use the Master ID except for AOL specific mail.

AOL please restore this feature. You're supposed to ADD functionality to software, not take it away!

• Pam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AND.............. where do we get the AOL comments to our posts? Nowhere???????

• Pam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why did you eliminate that feature? C'mon!!!!! I pay a lot for your service every month and you keep adding **** that I don't want.

• Dan Bower commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do you get conformation on the e-mail I send out was received.
    The Day and Time that it was opened.

I have been an AOL user for twenty years and I am now forced to change to Outlook as my old e-mails cannot be saved and sent mails status not available.

• Pellie Kahn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it's about time to change my email address which is something I said I'd never do. I told people I'd have aol until I died or AOL ceased to exist. I got AOL the first day that I had internet when we moved to the USA in 1995. But I think ending the status of SENT MAIL might be the final straw. Please fix this!

I pay for AOL and have for more than twenty-five plus years! And you get rid of status if read????? Give me a friggin break! I'm trying to fin out if my 93 yr old mother is reading the email, much less alive!!!!

• Lynn Del commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Check status was an important feature of AOL. We are paying for AOL but getting less for it. Also mail isn't received on a timely basis.

My AOL mail has message dvbusken@aol.com. I emailed awhile ago. Just wanted to give my name. This is David Busken. my aol account dvbusken@aol.com. got message stating my aol account is temporarily unavailable. Could you please let me know why? And do you know when I will be able to get into my account again?

I am really upset that AOL has taken away the check status feature on its mail. It was an important feature. Maybe it is time for me to drop AOL.

AOL has removed the Status feature on sent mail. WHY? This is not a free app! This was/is an important feature!
    Art work for emails that was on the old AOL was removed from the Gold.
    I used to be able to copy an animated pix and place it in an AOL email retaining the animation.
    No longer can do this.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base