How can we improve AOL Mail?

ordering emalis

I have the basic version of aol mail ( Free version) and used to be able to order my emails by From, subject , date etc.
However, now I am only able to order my emails by date and not any other column. Is this because I have the free version of AOL mail?

6th ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

134 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Beth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I switched to the new unified version months ago. The sort by name and date functions are not working correctly. Things keep randomly resorting everytime the ad banner changes.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fix the problem with sorting emails by "FROM" when I try to delete them please!. The sort category changes randomly to a random order. Additionally, even if when it doesn't change, the email lines blank out after awhile.

Please correct email sorting functionality. This is making cleanup much more difficult.

I used to be able to alphabetize my to/from column to help me delete. It used to work just fine.. Now it doesn't.. only partially.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The sort by sender "From" is now rife with problems. It used to sort by the URL of the sender, from A-Z or Z-A if you clicked again on the top. Now you get a mixed sort of the left part OR the domain part. It is practically impossible to get rid of repeated emails from the same sender now that they show up everywhere.

Not only the sort by "From" (sender) is faulty but also if you happen to get a block of emails from the same sender, click on the first and Shift-click on the last, you sometimes get the list changed with emails selected that you did not intend to select. Who tested the implementation of the sort ?

The new inability to sort by sender is making it almost impossible to keep up with my emails. PLEASE fix this - and yes Im using the stupid new unified inbox which is another whole PIA

I stumbled on something called the "basic, accessible version" which seems to still permit you to do it.

I am "happy" to learn that it is not just me having a problem with sorting by sender (and other fields). It is next to impossible to delete emails in a timely fashion. What used to take just a few minutes to delete unwanted email, it now has taken hours (filled with frustration), and spills over into days filled with more frustration. It doesn't take rocket science to perform basic sort functions. The unified inbox view is awful. It took me 3 hours to find one particular important email with the sender's name starting with "M".... Because of this unified inbox view, my inbox went from 1000+ to over 7000. And because the sorting does not work properly, it is like shoveling you know what against the tide. Just when I get rid of email, more comes in... This problem should be easy to fix.

• RW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The comment above from Product Support (Admn, AOL) is incorrect. Just tried sorting all 3 ways in the Unified Inbox view and NONE of them worked. One would think that, since September, the number of negative comments would have convinced someone at AOL to fix the problem. Obviously there are quite a few unsatisfied AOL users but AOL apparently does not care. Looks like it may be time to move on to another provider.

• RW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using the new unified inbox and still cannot sort by date. This has to be one of the worst ideas AOL has had yet. Why can't you sort email in a any inbox. Sorting is a basic function on a computer and AOL has to eliminate it.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fix the email sorting options. This is the most BASIC functionality. Really? How could you mess this up?

• vj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would be nice to be able to sort email by subject and who it is from again
        makes it easier to organize them
        why was this stopped ?

That I can no longer sort New Mail by sender makes it exceedingly difficult to tidy up, and the unified Inbox is not an adequate substitute. PLEASE RESTORE THE SORTING OPTIONS FOR NEW MAIL

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, when you select a few messages (already sorted) from the same sender, the list order gets corrupted and you end up with messages selected that you did not intend to select.

• Alan Rosenbaum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For some reason Aol email is no longer capable of some basic email functions. When I try to alphabetize email received by sender name, either in ascending or descending order, it just won't work, until I click on the "From" header countless times. That is insane!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base