How can we improve AOL Mail?

ordering emalis

I have the basic version of aol mail ( Free version) and used to be able to order my emails by From, subject , date etc.
However, now I am only able to order my emails by date and not any other column. Is this because I have the free version of AOL mail?

5th ranked
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

226 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Carlos Zertuche commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used to be able to sort my inbox by column (From, Subject, Date,etc...). Is that not possible anymore? I also suggest an ability to Highlight and Drag to select lines for deletion, instead of have to click the box one-by-one.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Folks AOL will not fix nor change anything. Your only choice is to cancel your account and use something else. They do not even look at these posts anymore. It is sad but true!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What happened to the Sort function on the incoming email? I used this to sort/delete old emails in the "From" column that I did not want anymore, reducing the file significantly. Please bring it back

It would be nice if when clicking on the from tab in the new mail box it sorted emails by name. This is when using the standard aol mail for emails only.

• Ann Marie hardulak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Today, May 5, 2019, both my husband and I have a different order to our mailbox headings. It is now DATE, followed by FROM and then SUBJECT. We strongly dislike the change, it seems to be counter productive when going through mail, especially new mail. As a paid customer, I truly hope you will change this back to the way it was, with SUBJECT listed before SENDER.

For years I would click on " From" "Subject" and arrange the emails in alphabetical order and reverse alphabetical order This feature is not available any more. please restore it.

Herb

I used to be able to sort by unread. I miss that feature. Please consider returning that feature to your users.

How can I differ between AOL real email and non aol emails? someone continually send me email about my account that it is going to be deactivated, I do not even open it specially because it comes many times to my spam folder.

I would like the idea of sorting my email alphabetically so that for instance, I can delete all the emails I get from an unwanted source, without having to sort through my good emails!

In previous versions, I used to be able to sort email by sender. This is not included in the current version. It makes it a lot easier to delete unwanted email when you can sort by sender and select an entire sender at one time to delete in blocks.

• Patti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is much easier to manage cleaning up your mailbox if you can sort by the From column. I used to be able to do this, why did you take this away??

I'm very unhappy with the "new" aol mail. It is really quite subpar to gmail and other mail vendors. I've tried to be patient but I get way too many emails to not be able to sort them. I can't even sort by unread. Will probably dump aol.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base