How can we improve AOL Mail?

ordering emalis

I have the basic version of aol mail ( Free version) and used to be able to order my emails by From, subject , date etc.
However, now I am only able to order my emails by date and not any other column. Is this because I have the free version of AOL mail?

6th ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

184 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pleaseeeeeee allow me to organize my "new/old" folders by "from," "subject," "date." I hate that this feature was deactivated 6 months ago and only works in the unified inbox. I have over 66,000 emails from the past 10 years in the unified inbox, i CANNOT POSSIBLY SCROLL THAT MUCH. THAT FEATURE NEEDS TO COME BACK. THERE WAS NO REASON TO TAKE IT AWAY. I AM PAYING FOR AN AOL MEMBERSHIP, THIS IS NOW MAKING ME CONSIDER CANCELLING IT

How come I no longer have the ability to sort my inbox by sender?
        I need this option to clear up my 6300 + e mails

in the past I could click on FROM and get the emails in alphabetical order. It made deleting whole groups a lot easier. Any chance you can restore that option?

• laura viscome commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Please Please!
        Give us the ability to SORT New Mail by Sender (aka FROM).
        This is ridiculous, that I have to toggle through emails to find one sent from someone specifically. This is a basic, standard function on all other email programs. Gmail is looking better all the time!!!!

• Tony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't I sort my email lists in all folders and in inbox - by date/subject/recipient etc. ?

• Mike Wells commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While I am thankful that you have this working in Unified mode, I still wish that it worked in the old style mode as well. It is an inconvenience and a hassle to have to switch from our preferred mode to unified and then to switch back just so we can sort our mail. Thanks for your consideration.

• Denise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The sort option in my inbox does not work. I would like to be able to sort by sender, subject, whether there are attachments or by date. The sorting email option is listed as completed/fixed but it still does not work. I'd like to see this working.

Please put back the option to sort incoming emails alphabetically by Sender - that is such as basic task and it is very frustrating.

sorting emails by sender and/or subject disables...???
        can no longer mass delete and it's clogging up my mailbox.
        please help!

I agree - I want to be able to sort by sender without going to unified. I still want my new mail separate and don't understand why the sort can't be by sender.

• Lori commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back the sorting tool. I used to have about 200-300 emails in my inbox - I now have over 2000!!! It is much easier to delete emails when you can sort them.

Please bring the unread/read filter back. This is ridiculous and backwards. As of now, it says I have 3 unread messages but I've already gone through 3 months of messages and still can't find my unread messages.

• Linda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately Unified Inbox view is what I have and it does not sort the mail by subject or date. It's messed up because the first page or two will just be by date then the third page will sort alphabetically and then it's back to the date. I used to use this sort view all the time and was able to clean out my inbox a lot faster but it doesn't sort it that way any more. Something is messed up on it.

You used to allow us to choose to toggle between seeing "Unread Mail" and all mail. I loved this function, as I get lots of spam and I also save some of my already read mail, so you used to enable me to check my unread mail without seeing the read mail. Why have you changed? Things are so much more difficult for me now!

Above the messages, there should be a tab to be able to view just the read and un-read messages

• Beth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also miss the ability to sort my email. I can using the app on my mobile but I often used this feature on a laptop to see only the unread. I plan to see what mail providers my family and friends use. Less features is not the way to keep users.

• Hubert Lloyd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be extremely helpful to return the feature that allows users to sort emails and create sub-folders Much easier to organize that way.

• JD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello. On my laptop, I used to be able to click on the upper right and select a dropdown that would show me all of my Flagged Mail. Now I cannot do that. I have to sort through all of my mail looking for the red flag. With thousands of emails, this is not really effective. Can we bring that dropdown back? Thank you.

• Barbara Black commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back the "Other" MAIL READ, RECEIVED...feature. It is very important to me and others on AOL. It is in no way an invasion of privacy.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base