How can we improve AOL Mail?

Spam and Block

Add an icon that allows you to delete Spam and add to the list of blocking. As opposed to copying the address and then add to the Block list.

4th ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JBK shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

114 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel like changing from AOL to GMAIL now- All O get is SPAM in my in box now ad they have made it very difficult to block, NOW we have to enter each and every email we consider SPAM- are you kidding me??

• William Hutchinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

FIX it so specific or wild card SPAM email address can be deleted. I receive over 150 SPAMs from one or two domains that add a variable right after the @ and before their domain name only to confuse AOL SPAM programming. Even adding them to the Block list won't stop them from clogging my SPAM folder.

Even though SENDER NAME DISPLAY is NOT CHECKED, when sorting in SPAM, it automatically changes the email address to the SENDERS NAME therefore making impossible to utilize the sorting ability. FIX IT NOW!!!

Why the heck am I paying a subscription for 300 SPAM mails a day that I cannot sort or ferret out due to poor AOL programming?

• G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I put TalkMatch on my list of blocked mail but still keep getting emails from this site. It has either used my email address to set up an account for me or is a scam to get me to contact the site to complain and then use my details for other purposes. I changed my password after a similar site used my address and I think these are now from the same people. AOL are not helping me find out how my address was used.

Let me block by IP address. That would really solve the problem of 50+ per day.

Yes! Add a “block email” feature directly in the spam folder. Then one can individually mark and hit “block” to block an individual email or “select all” and then hit “block” to block all mail in the spam folder.

AMEN! This seems like such an easy solution to the 1,000 spam messages that just sit in my "spam" box.

I think, ( my opinion ) is that AOL sells our e-mail addresses. Once they sell our addresses, they just look the other way and let us get get SPAMMED TO DEATH ! i'M MOVING ON AND i SUGGEST YOU ALL DO AS WELL.

Yes. For every 10 spam emails in the spam folder, there are nine that are so clearly SPAM that I wonder why these even get as far as into our spam folders. This never used to happen. Now my Spam folder gets 20-30-40 of them in a week or so. I wouldn't consider copying and pasting most of the emails. " ^&*) ello ould ou e nterested n illion ollars. mail e f ou ant o e ich."
        Does that look like a legitimate email to you? Not touching anything like that with a 39 1/2 foot pole.

• Robert Craig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have spent hours copying and pasting spam addresses to your spam blocker to no avail. Oft times I receive an email from the same address I just blocked moments before. I am receiving from 50-100 spam messages daily. If you offer a spam blocker I should reasonably expect it to work, or am I asking too much from a service provider?

• Patricia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have spent hours copying and pasting spam addresses to your spam blocker to no avail. Oft times I receive an email from the same address I just blocked moments before. I am receiving from 50-100 spam messages daily. If you offer a spam blocker I should reasonably expect it to work, or am I asking too much from a service provider?

• Ricardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree 100%. To give an idea, in a regular day I receive about 7 to 8 emails and 40 spams. Deletion and blocking will be a great feature

• I Philbrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, yes!!!! please make it possible to to filter incoming messages.
        Make it possible to make a list of undesirable emails, and chose to ie delete them BEFORE they reach my inbox.
        I find it so annoying having to deal w. this over and over, day after day.
        And I am not satisfied just posting my comment!!
        There MUST/SHOULD be a way to communicate DIRECTLY with AOL, in order to establish a direct exchange, and to hear about possible solutions to this problem, obviously shared by many.
        This phenomenon is called: Costumer relations, costumer services. I know of no other service business, totally lacking consideration for the costumers

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi all, we here at AOL have removed all the good functions of email, showing you that we don't care about our customers. Thanks and please do not have a nice day!

• CLEMENT TAGOE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add right click option that allows immediate addition of spam address to delete filter. Also please make that filter active. Recently addresses added to the filters do not seem to be removed and the spam box is bursting to overflowing. This makes sorting through the spam for relevant mail an onerous task.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base