How can we improve AOL Mail?

Spam and Block

Add an icon that allows you to delete Spam and add to the list of blocking. As opposed to copying the address and then add to the Block list.

4th ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JBK shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

130 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When viewing an email there should be a button that allows Delete, Next Email next to the blue up and down arrows. Currently, after deletion of an email the interface lands you back in your Inbox, then you have to open the next email. This feature would greatly reduce the amount of time spent managing an Inbox.

• John Griffiths commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that it's not practical to add the send of each individual spam message received from these dodgy sites to the block list as there are too many each day. In any case, each spam message seems to be from a unique address so a better solution is needed. Will quite likely move to e.g. gmail if this continues.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am furious, Starting today (March 1) this email marked sponsored show up in my mailbox. You cannot delete it, move it to the spam folder, nothing! What's up AOL? They are marked with a light bulb.

Just wanted to say thanks for removing all the spam controls. You guys are the best at ruining a perfectly working system to replace it with a totally faulty one. Give yourselves a round of applause, because your customers will NOT! Hopefully everyone will see that you will not fix or change anything because you do not care about your customers and when enough people leave the service you will go bankrupt.

how long does it take aol to fix the spam blocking glitch??? Do you even care???

great idea. I get 20+ spam from the same sender with a slight change in the address.

The offender is "contacts@" with dozens of address variations. If this cannot be fixed then I will have to go back to my yahoo account.

Yes to JBK!!!! I can't even find the Block list icon. Your help/search gives no options for finding out how to Block emails.

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Receiving lots of junks emails from random people on spam page. Help me not receiving those emails.

Bring back the ability to delete all spam with a single box click. I get several hundred spam messages each day, and it is impractical to have to click on each one to delete them all.

I too would like to be able to block address from spam mail with 1 click. perhaps instead of delete you can put a tab that says block this e mail address from sending you further e mails. And then after that directive has been followed you can have a delete tab as well. I list them in the block addresses area but still continue to get them. Some of them are quite offensive and dirty!!! I don't want these types of e mails. Please give us a way to block them right away.

• Nancy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My contacts are going into Spam. Started in January 2019, that I noticed. It's all over the place. Sometimes I'll get an email from an individual contact and the next hour they'll be in SPAM
        Fix the Glitch!

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SEE "OTHER" SPAM COMMENTS...
        PRODUCT ADMIN. IS NOT GATHERING, LOOKING INTO OR FIXING. THEY HAVENT RESPONDED SINCE SEPT. 2018.
        And their response was/ is a "BULLS***" Answer. The Block isn't working, I am a PAYING ACCOUNT HOLDER.
        But I will not be for long. These **** e-mails are coming through whether Blocked or Not.
        I don't have time for this **** of "listing separately, especially when it doesn't work !!!!
        FIX IT OR GO BACK TO THE "OLD PROGRAM"...

I feel like changing from AOL to GMAIL now- All O get is SPAM in my in box now ad they have made it very difficult to block, NOW we have to enter each and every email we consider SPAM- are you kidding me??

• William Hutchinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

FIX it so specific or wild card SPAM email address can be deleted. I receive over 150 SPAMs from one or two domains that add a variable right after the @ and before their domain name only to confuse AOL SPAM programming. Even adding them to the Block list won't stop them from clogging my SPAM folder.

Even though SENDER NAME DISPLAY is NOT CHECKED, when sorting in SPAM, it automatically changes the email address to the SENDERS NAME therefore making impossible to utilize the sorting ability. FIX IT NOW!!!

Why the heck am I paying a subscription for 300 SPAM mails a day that I cannot sort or ferret out due to poor AOL programming?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base