How can we improve AOL Mail?

Difficulty sending e-mail

I am receiving "experiencing technical difficulties" when I try to send an e-mail. This occurs create an original and attempt to forward emails.

5th ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

151 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What the **** is this when I try to send forward email???
        webmail-aoltoday.comet.aol.com’s server IP address could not be found.

• P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having "experiencing technical difficulties" messages and can not save the note as a draft either. Frequency is multiple times per week over the past 2 months. (2.10.19)

I am having trouble communicating with friends. This is especially true of friends in Italy (but not limited, locala as well). Here is an example:
        MAILER-DAEMON (MAILER-DAEMON@yahoo.com)
        To:you Details
        Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<paolodabala@me.com>:
        Unable to deliver message after multiple retries, giving up.

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=aol.com; s=a2048; t=1549661224; bh=ZRk0djJFzrWwUIqnHGyujq/PkYuRnHkw9aE64EIQp5E=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:References:From:Subject; b=FbAqnrwZuRFEVhIZnKKqGyvYUmDTpAR3Tg67Z162uOnXQkGAkIEoQOzxJmYJyWTuSyrjWK2MV3ZR7ipFA52kccD3PS2aDP0veiqE+WS/Nl1r5CoVVfDjSMO59eYHaezFGbO2hNpC43vBqmAR0e/X1MDVDmgJLyX2B1iTewSHsFBCTuFpopxpnT5XehNZ9250OxfqsBIRZ/J8yfS8zvmVxdYK4HveKIX3HKTd6oGQnCUsxEmby1ePDjjXSE5+Zy9d3vIV65+6F7fIU/LF/TVvcVkw4zdjQkcQoeCUFFjE/eT1QrkaK+4oHaktrFeIGX4hzKg0jSf9QKdr7ZayfFkfgQ==
        X-YMail-OSG: VKKgo3kVM1ntgOwda4dH7SWnTCEkb8P9lvZrOnBcw7MBEqBvwn6rWIOsGdD5ZoI
        9p54ZelBb7ZaE8qz33fdg_aAwwiAAZRfHCbbvqZyyUUokbsf37PFfC1m4bP8jusIY7eJC7ySWWPP
        yn1RkdWU3Iph72a57nzKDugxlf_oBslt2odmkHo9PT9dru5YDKOvuYm3UxsFxaUT2y63gpKhfSmN
        lTL.22OzRb5C_Z1Db2qfRR.JqnBH4n9jTdBvL8mAB1a60upaXdOHOn__5Lcfo8Dp7G6PPagnlg7s
        EtS41aJTEwAnrzcHAB_C7h4B21DV2YnX9BRfxcQ7vrmm1sIG6AI5Gg0cjzb78gc8.Iht3pXhy7Wv
        2rxaTNwg0.Xpdy6Guzt6Ikp8Qh1o3DHM2VWCqkqXd7MnA6rTwVEB2o2kuK8LoBPo8S54ebaCjrjH
        bWPZ.3Ext3tijbqrFjc6n4b2Si8SrqvoTvobui.vLUNi2huI8rGk3QdREOWZfRCDGxnHQi5lHxK6
        .K4eLmFiOzdvqb_BWU5.9..MuZ6Iv.LJWdS_7j3cix_DVSMHrQqQNm9do4OSb85kd_UD4pl4Y8Zi
        YSVh7udvAdjiFa.H.WU2je5Z.YfnCP2S0IpMYJpviuHgzr1NMzpYeULaj4VLevY.pKAQDq5Bvfg0
        ZHvuk_YwEZxP2kTv76xCK66CGW6zzHZx4UJ_HbzvVHkUOhlNmajOFbiG7QqwGXYH3TviUW5994DS
        7WAq6KXCIEKqaOq3o6jEuJ.lRvg8sGGJ0jpQZeSioSTacncHlMEeoQzokZxZifuRd0gBEdcYrOv0
        tuPBh9koWHPkvV9fH.Yp5T6L8dL7Ti25yNVwxI_Q4IpvArZ20M76iMI2GmfbO1FgCaE_ar0AvKlo
        hX_71.78UN42iwBjsuY_D300VBui8E5ibMgVkviQS8ZzT10Rotw8ZvoKSVcysSuJWI3lx1cMD72a
        FhOK3MemAO0dxYSWgzUprBK_WIy.9Xvwd9WBChljPEZ46c34OIx1iLgTB7SbMoh1pF2Uxk4ruLs7
        0RK3G67.r7aEkNjdUutGpTGxTek4jfAUhleTDiAhOQ_nKXg--
        Received: from sonic.gate.mail.ne1.yahoo.com by sonic305.consmr.mail.ne1.yahoo.com with HTTP; Fri, 8 Feb 2019 21:27:04 +0000

I am receiving this message at random times over the past few weeks: "There was a problem sending the message. Please try again later."

I receive the exact same message when I attempt to SAVE the message so that I may "try again later, thus I cannot SEND or SAVE it.

AOL then seems to delete all my messages but I find they have been moved to Trash and are all marked as unopened.

I do not know when "later" is. Any comment on why this occurs from out of the blue?, and when I can expect to see the "problem" resolved?

Unable to send/receive e-mail in Outlook. Continues to ask for my password, I have a send/receive error, "The connection to the server was interrupted" so I am unable to send or receive AOL mail with Outlook. I verified all settings are correct. I restarted Outlook and I have the continuing inability to use AOL Mail with Outlook. This is a daily problem. Some days after many attempts (and a lot of wasted time), I can get Outlook to send/receive mail. Some days (like today) the AOL servers are non-existent. More often than not, I waste a lot of time with AOL Mail. What is the fix?

• palm30 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

webmail-aoltoday.comet.aol.com’s server IP address could not be found using FIREFOX.... OK with Safari and Chrome.

• reed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Recently I receive this message when trying to send email via aol:
        webmail-aoltoday.comet.aol.com’s server IP address could not be found.

• Mary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been getting this message more often lately. Today I wrote a lengthy email and could not send it. It is in my drafts folder but the system won't let me access it. What is going on with aol???

go ahead flag my comment as inappropriate. What's inappropriate is your lack of ability to keep your system running!!

So no one is working on this problem. As a Realtor, I depend on my emails to be able to be sent or saved. This really is becoming too annoying and maybe it's time to give up my AOL account after all these 20 years......

• Rich Murphy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am receiving this message at random times over the past few weeks: "There was a problem sending the message. Please try again later."

I receive the exact same message when I attempt to SAVE the message so that I may "try again later, thus I cannot SEND or SAVE it.

I do not know when "later" is. Any comment on why this occurs from out of the blue?, and when I can expect to see the "problem" resolved?

Allow bulk emails of a personal matter. I occasionally send them out to friends to keep them updated on deaths or important matter. They number more than 100. Please find a way to allow this. It is not spam.

• Susan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a group email for about 250 members in my high school graduating class. I am receiving everyone’s comments but am unable to send any myself. Came out to see what the problem might be and it looks like we’re being limited as to the number of recepients we can have on one email? I’m being told there are problems and to try again later. So bummed!!!

• Jaime Vargas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tech difficulties has gotten so bad that I' d have given up on AOL mail were it not for the nuisance of updating so many places where I have listed it as my email address, But if it continues so it ' ll leave me no choice but to drop AOL which, by the way I have been using since 1999 when it was tops. Unfortunately and incomprehensibly AOL mail now has gotten so bad. with these constant repetead failures.(one that drives me batty is that if I hit the "go back arrow" it disconnects me) that you risk losing whatever customer base remains. People, wake up !
        P.S. There are other failures too, for intance I can no longer add new folders to the account.

• tony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

half way thru answering an e mail (3 min into it) I am thrown off for being on two long. having logged on about 5 minutes earlier. happened thru bing, aol, and cortina

• Ed Glasgow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was hacked by someone using my email. They would send me emails from my own email address. I blocked those emails. Now I can't send out emails. They also were able to place emails throughout my catagorized saved email list. So its obvious they had complete access.

For years I have been sending a group Email to about 120 addresses with no problem. Within the last month I am getting an error message and in order to send I have to divide the group into three groups and send three separate Emails. This is not the service AOL has been providing in the past before having to pay AOL.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base