How can we improve AOL Mail?

Difficulty sending e-mail

I am receiving "experiencing technical difficulties" when I try to send an e-mail. This occurs create an original and attempt to forward emails.

5th ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

100 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Cecilia Alves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am getting so frustrated not being able to send out or reply e-mails . Although I have 2 more AOL accounts that i have no issues the third one that i just resume to use it isn't working on my Mac. it only works on my iPhone. Please fix it!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Emails that I send automatically are changed to "aol.com" at the end of the email address I type EVEN THOUGH my recipient doesn't have an aol account. Almost immediately, I get a message fail pop up. This is frustrating, might switch to using Google

• Veronica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also cannot send emails, or only intermittently. More times than not, I get the error message. I have to save them and try again later. Am almost ready to give up this service as it isn't working

Having the same problem for 4 days. SO frustrating. I do not have AOL Gold - just the free version. Does that mean I get no support. Hey AOL - whey the **** can you not fix this???

• CRG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another regular use of AOL who cannot send emails. Multiple tries each time with no success. What is going on?!

• kca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem with email not sending. Apparently it is under review by AOL, but that was 3 months ago. Very frustrating.

• M. Symonds commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The same problem - I've had to type a reply to a message 4 times now, and it's still @experiencing technical difficulties'. The same if I try to save the reply, so in effect, I cannot use email!
        Also why have you made it harder to access mail in the first place? It now takes 4 screens to get there, even without the unnecessary 'update' screen.

This 'cannot send mail because of an error nonsense' cannot go on. After 25 years with AOL it appears it's time to force them to close my account by refusing payment on that credit card. I'll download all the saved mail and transfer everything to gmail. AOL has become ridiculous...and we pay money for it. Stupid is as stupid does.

Absolutely impossible to send email, error message constantly, takes 7to 8 tries to send email

aol does not recognise my aol account when i try to send emails from my phone or ipad. I receive emails no problem. No difficulty when sending from laptop????? Very frustrating when there is no possibility of discussing the problem with aol directly.

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem here for 3 days - sending emails take several attempts. Been with aol 23 years and should of never used them as my business account. I have placed 6 calls in two days and talked with a supervisor the last time -- these issues are acct specific. I can get on three different computers and I have the same issue on all of them. Yet - call a tech support person and they just want to do the same punch list every time - clear cashe, resets, updates, ---- none work and I could of told them that from the beginning. One more day and I will likely switch to another provider - is their equipment out dated???

Exactly how many comments do you need before you do something about an issue? I can't send any email. This is insane.

why do so many emails I try and send do not go through as they are having difficulties

My email is not sending. has been out for 2 days. i do business with this account.

• carol sanfilippo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this has become quite a problem for me and sometimes i have to put sending message in draft and then send it from there constant error technical difficulties what is going on with all that is happening with aol and all the glitches doesn't any one care about the problems that you have caused

I can see every friggin' ad you want to push on me yet I cannot send a reply email because "an error has occurred" time after time --- I cannot proceed unless I "agree" by clicking "ok" --- for this I pay money after 20 years of loyalty. Enough

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base