How can we improve AOL Mail?

Please remove advertising from side bar of my email. It interferes with reading emails

please remove advertising. i am not interested in any of it

3rd ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

196 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lynn Jeffries commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Flashing ads next to email feed: I understand that selling ads is part of your business model, but please don't put flashing ad content next to my email feed. I sometimes need to spend a couple of hours reading business documents in my email, and the flashing pictures are distracting and fatiguing. Still images would be fine.

• Jeanette M Cobb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please remove advertising. i am not interested in any of it If this issue can't be fixed I will leave AOL.

• Jeanette M Cobb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please remove advertising from my account. I am not interested in any of it and not happy with this feature. Remove ASAP.

Thank you.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have done everything to remove the Smile Direct Club ad from my computer screen -- cleared cookies, set preferences, opted out -- and it won't go away. Obnoxious.

Stop with the annoying ad's...they are inappropriate with groups preaching child endangerment and abuse

Stop with the annoying ad's...they are inappropriate with groups preaching child endangerment and abuse

I have been subjected to AOL ads for a slow computer for something like 15 years. Quit harassing me

Like other AOL users mentioned before me, I'm sick and tired of paying for your service and then having to put up with your forced advertisements in the right panel in my email screen. Even if I didn't mind the advertisements all of us should be able to dismiss the companies we don't want to enable us to select ones we would prefer.

I am getting **** lingerie adds along side my email box and can't get rid of them. I have unsubscribed three times with no results at all. Other ads are also annoying.

• Ann D Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The sidebar advertising has reduced the size of the actual AOL pages, thus the print size is much smaller. It's very hard to read the smaller print.

This is insane. I can't get to a link in my email - I am forced to an add pop up window with no other options. I see 183 comments here - where is the solution!

STOP ALL ADVERTISING ON SIDE BAR OF MY EMAIL. IT IS VERY OFFENSIVE AND INAPPROPRIATE. STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP IMMEDIATELY.

Anonymous

I hate anything that blinks, moves or flashes. I hate autoplay, popups. Users should be able to freeze jiggling content.

• dee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These ad pop-ups are out of control on aol. It interferes with the mail. AOL wants me to pay for ad free email? Why would anyone do that when gmail (and others) are completely free with no ads????

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base