How can we improve AOL Mail?

PPlease return the "block emails containing these words" filter - IT WORKED -y remove it?

Return the spam setting for blocking emails that contained specific words. I have NO IDEA why you would remove it - and looking at all of the exact same complaints I don't know why you would not have returned it to spam setting. Adding the email address does nothing because they just send **** with a new address -why should I pay you for this inconvenience? I accept better for my money.

14th ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

em shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BostonHollyandSnoop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AOL does not care about us. Perhaps if we paid them (they are so underfunded waaaaaa) for nothing we'd be better cared for but that's not going to happen. Why ? I don't trust them at all. In fact the more I select "this is Spam" the more of the filthy sick stuff I receive -I get so much horrible disgusting spam about hard-ons (or not), ******'s, FuckBooks, and Drugs I can buy the more AOL let's slip in. I believe that logarithms are watched , not to protect us, but to sell our email addresses. Kind of like Amazon does on a regular basis, again over this past weekend. I've just bought my first iMac and iPad, I am wondering if it will make any difference, getting away from microsoft, Windows, android.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree!! Please allow your users to block certain words again. It would help tremendously with so much spam

I received over 50 spams just yesterday alone! What the heck is going on? Even though they were in my spam folder I don't need to see them. Can't just delete the folder without opening it up first.

• carol sanfilippo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is ridiculous to have changed this feature fro blocking unwanted email even when i put them in the blocker they still come back this morning i had 15 spams in all the years that i have aol i have NEVER had any intrusion from any others but what was in my contact list or things i have blocked years ago now all is a free for all i don't know what you people have tried to accomplish but you have failed failed failed and have created a mess and have a lot of unhappy

Please put back the blocking of individual words or phrases! I am receiving so many spams now and cannot seem to stop them.

I am being BOMBARDED with **** emails that previously were blocked through an extensive keyword blocking list. You’ve apparently removed it deactivated those keywords which was a patently stupid move on your end. If you don’t reinstate that immediately, I am out of here. What an incredibly dumb move on your part.

Yes, PLEASE return the feature to block specific words. It saved me lots of time.

AOL HAS BECOME TRASH AND UNTRUSTWORTHY. I WILL SLOWLY BE MOVING ALL MY EMAIL ACCOUNTS AWAY FROM AOL. SHAME ON YOU FOR REMOVING FEATURES THAT HELP AND INSTEAD YOU ALLOW FOR CRIMINALS AND NEVERENDING SPAM!

AOL,,, I am UNABLE to FILTER out the SPAM mail... due to the change in the SPAM FILTER... which now causes an overabundance of SPAM from "adult" selling sites DAILY !!!!

I need some help here... getting to be big problem !!!!!

The spam never blocks, background ads running, and I have someone in spam telling me repeatedly that they have hacked me. Contacted you lot. Did not open and now I don't know if my computer is loading slow because of one or the other. Getting fed up. Plus Aol when I went to sign in showed as unsecure and now it is secure. Which one is it.

PLEASE RETURN THE SPAM SETTINGS SO THAT I CAN SET UP ONLY TO RECEIVE MAIL FROM AOL ACCOUNTS AND FRIENDS... THE "OPTIONS" HAVE DISAPPEARED FROM MY LISTINGS......

• EB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AOL actually does what the **** they want. Never mind the customer wish! That's why I would NEVER buy their product!

• Dale Rodenhaver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree 100%. Actually, the blocking of key words is the ONLY REALISTIC feature for blocking spam since, as you say, email addresses change as fast as the weather. I, too, want my money's worth with AOL.

• BostonHollyandSnoop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I, too, am no longer able to block anything without a huge hassell - I can't remember every written word of the email I want to block. The hackers are smart and write in code, for God's sake, AOL. Can you folks do anything for us which is also user friendly ?

Yes! I have junk coming to my inbox & legitmate emails going to spam. I need to retrieve 1-2 emails from spam daily.

Yes! Spam keeps changing their address to get thru. Return the WORD block. AOL used to be great with mail. Now I get sooo much junk.

Feedback and Knowledge Base