How can we improve AOL Mail?

Sorting email function alphabetically stopped, despite unified box option highlighted,and only the inbox, sort works for the Sent box

10th ranked
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

99 comments

Comments are closed
  • PJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have an enormous amount of old and new email I cannot seam to sort to determine what emails I would like to save. It is very time consuming to go through each email to try to reduce the number of email I am maintaining.

Is there any means to accomplish sorting my emails?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please return the sorting feature to the inbox.
    I don't open my e-mails every day. I currently have almost 13000 (and that's after dropping a considerable number of my subscriptions) unread e-mails because you took this option away.

This is crazy that AOL took away one of the most used and useful features - sorting. Why, why, why WHY !?

This is ridiculous. They take away the main feature that made aol mail very useful. Please put it back.

It's me again....the commenter just below this. Do you know that the sorting option will allow people to clean out their mailboxes more quickly....thus saving you storage costs. Wouldn't that be great...to save storage costs?

Please explain why this option was removed. Either that, or return the sorting option. Otherwise, we will continue to whine, whine, whine....... because we really miss that sorting option. We need that sorting option. We crave that sorting option. We can't function without that sorting option. We want AOLmail to be better than G-mail in every way. And you can't do it without the sorting option.

• Bill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unless sorting option is restored, I have no choice but to leave AOL. I cannot function without the ability to sort, group, select and manage the large volume of email I get. Without Sort functionality, I have to deal with every email individually. Total time waster!

Apparently its finally time to cut the cord from AOL if a simple sort function is taken away from the mail. Bye-bye advertisers. No more customers to read the ads.

• Tonja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why did you take the sorting feature away. Please give it back!

• DK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorting my inbox by sender, subject, flagged, etc. is a critical feature for me to manage my inbox and control the volume of mail that sits in my box. The easiest way for me to get rid of mail that I kept in my inbox to review later is to sort by sender since those emails are usually from the same senders. Now I can't clean out my inbox as easily or quickly. Why did you take this feature away. You have PAYING customers who used this feature and rather than adding features to make the service more competitive, you are taking basic features away....really backwards thinking from a competitive standpoint.

• Jan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AOL.....please bring back sorting headers. I have paid for this service for at least 16 years. I will leave AOL if sorting is not brought back. Without sorting, it takes too long to sort my mail. New and improved should be just that, not new and worse.

The fact this feature no longer works properly is infuriating. I can do it for about five minutes and then all my mail "disappears" and I wave the cursor over the page and all the emails start popping back up but in date order when I was trying to work in alphabetical order. I have paid for this service for 17 years! What gives???

Sorting email Alphabetically was a feature I really liked because it helped me see what was not important in my emails and I could then delete them in a group. I'm not sure why you stopped this feature, is there an alternative? Please bring this feature back is was extremely helpful!!!

• Judy Gruner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. When I sort on the Sender Name, the sort function will work for a few emails, but then stops sorting alphabetically. How do I correct this? Also, why can't I sort my emails by sender on my tablet. I can only sort on a laptop or PC desktop. Thanks.

• Karenska commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I complained about this at least a year ago and I am disappointed to see that it still hasn't been addressed. It is clear that AOL doesn't want to invest money or energy on what is a free service (even if you are paying them). They no longer have me approved for white listing (mass emails for my neighborhood) so I've had to start using MailChimp. But it would be REALLY NICE to be able to sort my old mail by name to help delete unwanted emails. I will eventually go to a different email service for my real mail and let all of my junk mail pile up on AOL.

• Mindy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with so many here who want the sort feature back. It's so frustrating that it was taken away! Why? Why did you take it away? Nothing about this makes sense! I've been with AOL since the very beginning and I PAY FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!! I will go to another mail provider if this function isn't put back!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base