How can we improve AOL Mail?

Sorting email function alphabetically stopped, despite unified box option highlighted,and only the inbox, sort works for the Sent box

9th ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

79 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will be leaving AOL after 15yrs with them, because of the inability to sort alphabetically!!!!

• Lorraine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The comment from DeafSender is so on point!!! It is infuriating that you removed this feature. I agree that it is worth changing my email to some other provider because when you get 300 emails and want to answer all of the ones from one person or delete all of them from one person, it wastes so much of my time to go through them when they are all over the place. Time is money in business and this was a very poor change on the part of AOL.

• DeafSender commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not fixed... I want to sort my mail by alphabet! slowly clicking emails not in alphabetical order s-s-s-l-l-o-o-o-w-w-s-sssss me down!!!
        If you don't fix this promptly, I'm planning to leave AOL & go to one of your competitors!

I want to sort my email by sender. when I click on "from" I want it to sort by alphabet

YOU CAN ABC SPAM MAIL, THE GARBAGE MAIL

JUST PUT IT BACK FOR REG MAIL!!!!!

MAKES DELETING EMAILS SO DIFFICULT !!!!!

WHY TAKE IT AWAY FROM NEW MAIL
        BUT LEAVE IT FOR SPAN AND GARBAGE?
        ITS JUST A FUNCTION
        PUT IT BACK!

• MFB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why would you disable the alphabetical sorting????????? It is so annoying not to be able to alphabetize my inbox so I can delete QUICKLY what I don't want to read. I may cancel my AOL subscription because of this stupid plan.

Same thing happening for me (using the Web-based email interface). Sorting by Name of sender doesn't work. A lot of posts here seem to assume that AOL purposefully took this feature out. But the Name header stills acts like a button and shows an up/down arrow, as if it's *supposed* to work, but doesn't. Do we know this feature was taken out? Or is it a bug?

AOL: is it a bug? Don't have the resources to fix it? Send me the code...I'll fix it. ;^)

ditto - I am with MANY others on this. please bring back the alpha sort for FROM in INBOX - it is very cumbersome & annoying not to be able to do this anymore; also there should be some kind of response by now on this from AOL.

Gosh, I thought this was a problem on my end! I use AOL for about a zillion different e-subscriptions plus my personal email. It is really annoying not to be able to sort in alpha order. Gmail is looking better and better....

Just wanted to add my voice to this issue. I thought I was doing something wrong but I see I'm not the only one who can't sort my inbox alphabetically. This seems to be a basic function and if AOL doesn't fix this soon, I'll have to stop using my account as I waste a lot time trying to clean out my inbox without this ability.

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with many other AoL users in that the ability to sort one's In Basket alphabetically was a very useful tool. I wish this opportunity was available again. Also, it would be equally useful if we were able to sort our sent files as well.

Wow!!! I thought it was just me; however, I see that there are many of us who found alphabetically sorting emails is a great function. It will be a GREAT day when AOL restores this function!!!!

AOL , should listen to the users and bring back the alpha sorting of the mail box . It used to be easier to delete the unwanted e-mails .Since AOL changed this ability, there must be lots of JUNK e-mails clogging their system . So I suggest AOL to re instate this facility asap.

• Linda J. Jones, Ph.D. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE bring back the alpha sorting function of the FROM column. As others have said, it's particularly helpful in deleting a block of emails that one receives on a daily basis, but we don't necessarily need to read every one of them. I have been an AOL member since the 1980's, can't tolerate not having this ability! Must drop AOL if this is NOT possible! L. Jones, Ph.D.

• RAL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can sort by who the email is from--although sometimes I have to click it a few times to sort A to Z. THE PROBLEM IS once I get it sorted and start scrolling through my emails, it refreshes/loads more emails or something and everything below where I had scrolled to is now unsorted. I definitely can't scroll fast and scrolling slowly doesn't seem to help either. This started happening sometime after AOL changed the inbox views. It's very frustrating.

• Barbara Romano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Taking away the alpha and all sorting functions on both new and old mail was a TERRIBLE idea! I used that ALL THE TIME to follow up on my emails that need attention. And, no, the "flag" function is useless if I can't sort with all the emails I get. I often get made fun of by family members for continuing to use AOL after all these years, with all the other options available. Maybe it's time to listen to them and switch to a more user-friendly format. And, I do have the paid version, which makes it even more frustrating and ridiculous. I won't even tell people I PAY for this! Not happy.

Agree. Please bring back the alpha sorting function of the FROM column. As others have said, it's particularly helpful in deleting a block of emails that one receives on a daily basis, but we don't necessarily need to read every one of them. I am a paying customer and have been since sometime in the 1990s.

Please bring back the sort by from function, there's no way to be able to catch up on emails if we can't sort them by the from. From what I read, even the paid version of AOL doesn't have this feature, which is obsurd.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base