How can we improve AOL Mail?

Spam - I want the ability to block all domains coming from ".uk"

I noticed that most of the spam that I receive comes from domains ending in ".co.uk" or ".org.uk" and I would like the ability to block domains that have those endings that are not in my address book or listed as approved senders. Is there a way to restrict these domains? Also, I would like AOL to return the option to block emails containing specific words or phrases. I have a paid account and it is very important to me that I be able to have the ability to restrict the excessive spam emails and emails containing ****** content. If AOL determines these are spam emails, they should be blocked completely. I do not want to have to keep wasting my time sifting through hundreds of spam emails in my spam folder when looking for something that may have slipped thru.

9th ranked
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

49 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SECOND TIME I'M WRITING AOL ABOUT THIS -- AOL HAS TAKE NO ACTION ABOUT !!!!!
    For several months now ---AOL has been sending LEGIMATE EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS TO MY SPAM FOLDER. Here's a lit of a FEW -- they include the names of people IN MY CONTACT LIST!!!
    Athena Anduiza (info@worldanimalprotection.us) STOP THIS! AND RESPOND TO THIS MESSAGE.

you block the sender & they simply change the part before the domain. I have blocked numerous senders using the same domain! AOL needs to give us better options for spam blocking because the options we have now DON"T WORK! Domain blocking would be a great start. Come on AOL!!

Anonymous commented · April 26, 2019 8:09 AM · Flag as inappropriate
    For over 2 weeks I'm getting spammed from *.*.us domains. Please give us the ability to block spam using wildcards. The address keeps changing except for the .us.

The other option would be for AOL to block it entirely. It's all spam.
    I agree also...Want the option to block an entire domain

For over 2 weeks I'm getting spammed from *.*.us domains. Please give us the ability to block spam using wildcards. The address keeps changing except for the .us.

The other option would be for AOL to block it entirely. It's all spam.

• Larry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to block just the first part of the address such as "Newsletter". All of my spam now comes from this POS. It may say '******* Windows', but the real address always starts with "newsletter".

• Larry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is the sa,e problem I am having. Also block just the first part of the address "Newsletter" it may say Anderson Windows, but the real address always starts with "newsletter"

• CM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The idea is to block all emails coming from newsletters@ and ending with .us. I don't even want them going to spam. I get more than twenty every single day. PLEASE ALLOW US TO COMPLETELY BLOCK EMAILS LIKE THIS. I have given up typing in each individual address each and every day because the next day there are even more!!!! Stop this insanity!!!

I have the same issue with the .us spam. I put in a filter for *@*.us and I don't think it will work. I tried it with another domain using the wildcard and they still came in. We used to be able to do this.

It seems like there should be some way to block a domain. We used to be able to do this long ago. I am tired of getting a dozen spams mails every single day from newsletter@***.us (fill in the blanks of the *** because the wording changes for each one.

• Robert Hutchins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS IS BS.....Constantly getting email spam from address: newsletter@ .us They always change the middle word so it never stops sending email from newsletter@ ending in .us. AOL needs to give us the ability to BLOCK emails containing certain words to forever block these guys!!

• Carlee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Constantly getting email spam from address: newsletter@ .us They always change the middle word so it never stops sending email from newsletter@ ending in .us. AOL needs to give us the ability to BLOCK emails containing certain words to forever block these guys!!

• Carlee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AOL must return the option to block emails containing specific words or phrases we don't want to receive email from. This should be easy for you AOL. and it sure would make our life easier... blocking emails with words from advertisers we don't want to be pestered by...

• MR ERNIE LAZAR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lately, I have been receiving DOZENS of emails from many different entities whose email address begins with: "*****r@" such as the following example: *****@******.us

Many appear to originate in foreign countries, Can't AOL either prohibit such emails OR, at a minimum, require anybody whose email address begins with "n******r@" -- to apply for permission from AOL to send out what must be thousands of messages?

• MaryAnn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to monitor more of your spam that come into our emails. If I am receiving at least 10 or more emails from the same scammer every week there should be some kind of monitoring that eliminates scammer's like ***** *****... ****@******.com this is annoying to have to eliminate his emails constantly... can't something be done? He sends emails on bad checks, banking, job positions, amazon, walmart, etc. anything he can so you will click on his site & be able to take over or give you a virus... need to be more on top of this?

We cannot put spammers on block because they don't use email address just words or text numbers.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow users to block whole domains and not just specific email addresses in that domain.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Through your spam controls you provide a way to block email from individual email addresses.

But how can we block email from a whole domain?

For example, we get a lot of spam from the domain “abletwine.com”, but every spam email comes from a different email address in that domain, so trying to block each address is ineffective. For example, three this morning came from:
    contact.02ryGuAC@abletwine.com
    contact.27qKSRkv@abletwine.com
    contact.79aTImni@abletwine.com

How can we block the whole domain?

There are spammers who send repeat emails, sometimes with very different subject lines and alleged products. Why can't AOL detect these spammers and block them completely? Why do we have to keep getting their emails. The newest one is ******.com. The URL doesn't even exist.

Implement a filter capability that allows you to BLOCK (not put in trash) emails based on the domain name. Spammers are generating random email names and combining them with the domain name. THIS IS REALLY NEEDED. Why can't AOL do this?

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base