How can we improve AOL Mail?

Spam - I want the ability to block all domains coming from ".uk"

I noticed that most of the spam that I receive comes from domains ending in ".co.uk" or ".org.uk" and I would like the ability to block domains that have those endings that are not in my address book or listed as approved senders. Is there a way to restrict these domains? Also, I would like AOL to return the option to block emails containing specific words or phrases. I have a paid account and it is very important to me that I be able to have the ability to restrict the excessive spam emails and emails containing ****** content. If AOL determines these are spam emails, they should be blocked completely. I do not want to have to keep wasting my time sifting through hundreds of spam emails in my spam folder when looking for something that may have slipped thru.

13th ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are spammers who send repeat emails, sometimes with very different subject lines and alleged products. Why can't AOL detect these spammers and block them completely? Why do we have to keep getting their emails. The newest one is ******.com. The URL doesn't even exist.

Implement a filter capability that allows you to BLOCK (not put in trash) emails based on the domain name. Spammers are generating random email names and combining them with the domain name. THIS IS REALLY NEEDED. Why can't AOL do this?

• James Conner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If your email browser cannot block domain names like *******.com, maybe we should start using a different email browser

Blocking entire domain doesn't work for co.uk or org.uk because there is another part of the domain name that changes with every email. We need to be able to block *@*.co.uk

• Joan Mahery commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here! And I am getting more and more spam in my spam folder from the UK domain. It's ridiculous!! I've noticed, too, that some of my regular, legit emails are getting caught in the spam folder, which means I have to scroll through all the UK spam to determine if it really is spam or not! Very frustrating.

• Wes Carr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I to have tried to filter all spam mail from uk.org. Nothing works. It is a shame that I have to keep deleting all the **** **** from uk.org. AOL should be ashamed that it is unable to stop these kind of emails.

• Beverly Kaye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your excuse that you changed the settings only helps these obnoxious advertisers, not your paying customers.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What a novel idea, one that AOL had before they F'd everything up and removed all of the good mail controls. So people they do not care and WILL NOT FIX ANY OF IT! CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT!

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi all, we here at AOL have removed all the good functions of email, showing you that we don't care about our customers. Thanks and please do not have a nice day!

We need the ability to block senders. It used to be available and now it's gone.

Why not be user friendly and have an option when checking off an e-mail to choose "Block this sender". I have suddenly gotten numerous spam e-mails but it's time intrusive to write down each individual address and then type them in the spam settings. Many of them are from the same domain but different extensions at the end. Having to do each one individually is a big problem.

Why am I getting so much **** from co.uk? I am old and don't want to waste my few years left deleting their ****. I don't care for Rock Hard Erections, CBD oil, Hemp, Marijuana, Keto **** or Erectile Disfunction. Please do something about this invasion of my email.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is an outside mailer, ********, who constantly changes his/her domain name (always ending in .uk, though). This person accounted for about 130 of the 244 spam messages I received in December. I would like to block this scammer altogether and be done with it. Thank you for your consideration.

• Larry Van Gelder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is obviously an ongoing problem for many of us. Once upon a time there was a mechanism to block this constant flow of **** from undesirable domains. I am currently inundated with unwanted email from .uk and .jp, but must constantly check the spam folder for messages from organizations I already deal with that suddenly and arbitrarily get thrown into it. Since it existed before, this is obviously not a huge problem to solve. AOL just needs to resolve issues like this before their lack of service drives them further into irrelevance.

• Juan Wilcox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have tried blocking the junk mail I am receiving in ever increasing numbers by blocking the entire email address or by the domain example: *@aaaaabbbbbcccc But nothing has functioned the barrage of unwanted emails keep coming from the domains I have attempted to block.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some of our company emails are going to the AOL spam folder. Outlook 2016 does not show the AOL spam folder so we are missing emails. There is no setting in spam options to white list a particular domain. Adding each address as a contact and marking the emails as not spam does not make the spam filter learn all of the email addresses from a particular domain.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base