How can we improve AOL Mail?

Spam - I want the ability to block all domains coming from ".uk"

I noticed that most of the spam that I receive comes from domains ending in ".co.uk" or ".org.uk" and I would like the ability to block domains that have those endings that are not in my address book or listed as approved senders. Is there a way to restrict these domains? Also, I would like AOL to return the option to block emails containing specific words or phrases. I have a paid account and it is very important to me that I be able to have the ability to restrict the excessive spam emails and emails containing ****** content. If AOL determines these are spam emails, they should be blocked completely. I do not want to have to keep wasting my time sifting through hundreds of spam emails in my spam folder when looking for something that may have slipped thru.

17th ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Larry Van Gelder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is obviously an ongoing problem for many of us. Once upon a time there was a mechanism to block this constant flow of **** from undesirable domains. I am currently inundated with unwanted email from .uk and .jp, but must constantly check the spam folder for messages from organizations I already deal with that suddenly and arbitrarily get thrown into it. Since it existed before, this is obviously not a huge problem to solve. AOL just needs to resolve issues like this before their lack of service drives them further into irrelevance.

• Juan Wilcox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have tried blocking the junk mail I am receiving in ever increasing numbers by blocking the entire email address or by the domain example: *@aaaaabbbbbcccc But nothing has functioned the barrage of unwanted emails keep coming from the domains I have attempted to block.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some of our company emails are going to the AOL spam folder. Outlook 2016 does not show the AOL spam folder so we are missing emails. There is no setting in spam options to white list a particular domain. Adding each address as a contact and marking the emails as not spam does not make the spam filter learn all of the email addresses from a particular domain.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the ability to block all "*.uk" emails should be added to the spam settings. That would eliminate at least 20 spam emails a day!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! I think the record has been 28 e-mails from .uk. And some of them are pretty offensive to an 80-year old woman.

I agree. .co.uk and org.uk are popping up all the time in my spam folder. If these are spam, which they are, I have to keep deleting them, PLEASE allow us to block by specific words or phrases

agread we nead a better way to block these sobs they can not be shut down because they hide thier IP address and also mask thier physicale address so they can not be found by FTC or any body else and if you block thier email all they do is change thier name

so right now i am using wild cards to block these sobs
        hear is a list of blocks so far that so far is blocking most of them and then adding each one as i get them

*@*co.uk
        *@4team.biz
        *@cox.net
        *@craken.concotterie.org.uk
        *@mediapost.com
        *@vindil.ostioviltif.org.uk
        *@yahoo.co.jp
        1Biay99lPxwIyltjk4@educationallyjobs.com
        contact@airsi.motomertie.org.uk
        OmniVista.Health.Learning.lqkkpbptim@zcjob.concotterie.org.uk
        contact@unagro.eventforeign.org.uk

When it comes to Spam AOL has caused customers to be "churned" in one of the poorest business practices of all times. No point in giving feedback to AOL. I've spent Hours on the phone with them and they know nothing and do nothing. I receive about 20 e-mails every hour from the domains ending in .co.uk, or .org.uk. Since AOL was taken over by Oath (Verizon) the quality has gone south. There is nothing to do except file a better business report with the Better Business Bureau.

• Rudy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

spam settings do not work when the address is a domain i.e *@yahoo.co.jp. Please fix this. I get hundreds of emails from this domain.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue, and would like the ability to designate anything ending in ".co.uk" or ".org.uk" for automatic deletion. Blocking is not sufficient because I would still have to constantly go through my spam folder and check delete boxes. Spammers from these addresses are out of control.

It is very time consuming to have to copy each individual email address or the entire domain and copy it to my blocked list. I have to copy and paste each address, then click on email settings, then click on spam folder, then paste the address into the field, then hit the add icon, then click save settings... It should not be that difficult to block unwanted email. Please add an easier option to block emails, domains and possibly domains from other countries that are not in our approved senders.

Feedback and Knowledge Base