How can we improve AOL Mail?

Similar to Block email, please create Alert email setup page to redirect emails into a temp folder

Similar to Block email, please create Alert email setup page to redirect new emails into a temp , junk or user created folder name.

26th ranked
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Responded  ·  AdminProduct Support (Customer Support Agent, AOL) responded  · 

You can “filter” incoming mail in AOL Mail to make certain emails go directly into the folders where you want them — or, to make unwanted mail from specific senders go straight into Trash or Spam. Note: You can create up to 50 filters. Here’s how to set up Filters and Alerts: 1. In the upper-right corner next to your Username, click the down arrow, and then click Mail Settings. 2. In the left panel, click Filters and Alerts, and then click the Create filter button in the middle of the page. 3. The “Create Filter” window opens. Give your Filter (or Alert) a name, and fill in as much detail as you’d like. 4. Under “Look for incoming messages matching all of the following,” define the criteria for the filter. That is, the emails that the filter will capture. 5. Under “Do the following with matched messages,” click the Move to folder… drop-down arrow if you’d like to send these messages to a folder (you don’t have to do this; messages can just keep coming into your inbox), then check (or leave blank) a box beside the type of Alert you’d like to send yourself when these messages arrive. (You don’t have to select an Alert.) 6. Click Save. To learn more about your Mail Settings and Spam in this AOL Help article: https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-mail-spam-and-privacy

29 comments

Comments are closed
  • Durgesh Mishra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
    I don't know why am I receiving advertising emails when a few days back itself I have created a brand new AOL account. I have not even shared this email id with anyone.
    I'm very disappointed.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once an e-mail is designated "spam" it should be blocked in future; the user should also be able to change that designation if desired. This may already be the case, if so great.

• Excell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even Though I have blocked specific emails from websites, I still get junk emails in my new folder besides in spam folder. Stop This!

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm trying to set a filter and the method for doing that task does not seem readily apparent to me. Help!!!

• Martha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back the page where email addresses that aren't in the address book can be blocked.

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get 8 to 10 spam emails a day. They all start out as "newsletter@" then something different. Why can't i block it with just that info?

I am getting a lot very undesirable *** related spam messages how do I stop them. ?

• kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some of my friends sent me emails but quite some times they were in SPAM. I want to add their email accounts in my white list so it won't regard their emails as a SPAM. How to do it?

• L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm so mad at you for removing this feature I could scream. What a mean thing to do to the last remaining people who use your service.

• Alan James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Spam system works well, but I wish I could totally block some spammers. For example, I am fed up with the folder being filled by 'Ben Watson'. There must be a way to stop it even getting through.

• steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why did I just all of sudden start to get 500 emails of spam for the last 3 days. What's going on?

• Alicia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its a new idea now. Allow for in-box to only receive emails from our contacts, all other emails should be directed to Spam. Thank you!

I want to be able to determine who can email me through the use of blocking email addresses!!!

Spammers change email's domain name with each spam. You now require full address to move spam to trash. Better is to block & permanently automatically delete email that contains customer designated words or phrases (including partial email address). Spammers don't change first part of address.

I need instructions for how to block email, especially spammers who send me offensive ads. I don't know how others block email, but I searched in vain for info and can't find it. I am tired of being solicited with ads to increase ****** prowess, and ads from *******. I'm an old woman and don't wish to get those emails anymore.

Mail is no longer filter out spam since Yahoo or whoever took over AOL. I am getting more spam now everyday it is ridicules, Come on I can't even filter out accounts I am not sure who is in charge but they sure are not looking out for your customers. I never had this issue when AOL leadership was running the show, but maybe that is what you want for all of us to leave. If that is the case you are doing a good job of that.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base