AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Additional AOL address

When I joined AOL twenty years ago, I had my current email address and one other. I haven't used the second email address and can't find it. How can I get an additional email address? Thanks

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add to dictionary

My last name continually is flagged as a typo, and I have never been able to add it to the dictionary. Others email programs like gmail have this option to add to the dictionary.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

AOL Mail does not have this feature, however, you can do this from your browser. Here’s how: right-click on it, and select Add to Dictionary.

3. Keyboard covers email message area.Will not scroll up to complete typing message.

Can’t compose message since keyboard is covering message area and message will not scroll up.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Predictive text

How do I turn off predictive text when writing an email? I spend half my time correcting the mistakes that are made automatically.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. AOL Mail does not have spelling auto-correct, so the issue you are experiencing it caused by a similar feature on your computer.

If you are using Safari, please follow the steps below to disable the spelling auto-correct:

1. Open Safari.
    2. Click on the ‘Edit’ menu on the top bar.
    3. Select ‘Spelling and Grammar’ than uncheck ‘Correct Spelling Automatically’.

In case the problem persists, or this feature was already disabled, follow the steps below in order to disable the keyboard auto-correct:

1. Click on the Apple button on the top left corner of the screen.
    2. Go to ‘System Preferences’.
    3. Select ‘Keyboard’.
    4. Click on the ‘Text’ category on the top.
    5. Uncheck ‘Correct spelling automatically’.

5. Enterg Comments

For the last three days I have not been able to post comments to articles on Today On AOL. I am logged in, and my internet connection is fine, I can enter a comment, however the comment does not Post. What do you suggest I do.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We cannot replicate the error you are getting. Images and some comments will be flagged in our system prior to becoming public. Here are some reasons why your comments may be flagged:

- Language (Examples may include: all caps, inappropriate words, etc.)
    - Suspicious IP
    - Any Image In order to create the best possible experience for everyone, we request that you abide by the AOL Community Guidelines, our core code of conduct, in all of your activities on AOL Services.

For more information, please view our community guidelines: legal.aol.com/community_guidelines

6. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. cannot change default color

I cannot change the default color for composting. Please advise. The little ink pen does not work.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you want to change the default color when composing emails please go to Options→Mail Settings→Compose→Rich Text / HTML.

8. I can not stand the function "read aloud", what a pain. I can not find the instructions to remove this function.

I can not find instructions on how to stop the read aloud function, please clarify how I can turn this function off. It is irritating.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature is not available on AOL Mail, please check the settings on your browser\computer.

9. can't copy to email

facilitate copy & paste

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have a solution for you, please clear your browser history, cookies and cache here’s how: help.aol.com/articles/clear-cookies-cache-h…

Also, make sure that you have the latest version of the browser installed. You can try accessing your account on a different browser.

10. is so narrow when I compose an email, that I can't full

I had a problem and your technician changed some of my settings. Now the address box is much narrower and it's difficult to read the addresses of the recipients. I complained and a 2nd technician tried to fix, but was unable to. It's OK if I use the Internet Explorer browser which AOL wants me to use, but I prefer Google Chrome and will continue using that. It's a shame!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Use of Exclamation Causes Log-Out and Lost Message

While composing an e-mail, I find that using an exclamation mark results in a message 'do you want to leave this page' with options to leave or stay. Clicking either option results in LEAVE the page without a draft being saved. Both use of the exclamation while composing should not be a short-cut key. The click to stay or leave needs to be fixed. Also, is there an option to change the number of key strokes before a draft is automatically saved?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Email done right

All my new emails are being put into the old mail and deleted mail folders
    Please FIX THIS OR TELL ME HOW TO FIX THIS. THIS PROBLEM JUST STARTED LAST WEEK.???????????????????????. IVE LOST VERY IMPORTAND MAIL
    Russell ***ol.com. Also non of the new mail due to this problem is appearing in my cell phon or tablet email aacount as theshouldim very frustrated

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In most cases this issue is caused by a local incoming mail filter, or an email application that you are using.

To make sure the filters on your AOL accounts are not causing the problem, please go to mail.aol.com (from a desktop computer) – Options – Mail Settings – Filter Settings, and edit/delete the filters set to deliver incoming emails to the Trash folder.

In case you do not have any incoming mail filters set-up on your AOL account, please check the incoming mail filters, and junk mail filter, in the mail applications that you are using (e.g. Outlook, Mac Mail, Windows Mail, Thunderbird, mobile email application).

If the issue persists, contact AOL Customer Support team at aolmailquestions@aol.com

13. Emails with different sizes of text

I compose emails in word and then transfer the text to my emails. The problem is when I do this, the text often comes back with different sizes of the font. For instance, the first part of the text will be in Verdana 13.5, while the last part of the email will be in Helvetica 10. Below is a sample email where this occurred (although the text below is all in the same format) :

Prius is taking longer to fix than expected [Verdana 13.5]
    I will let you know when it will be ready. [Helvetica 10]

The text in…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Here’s how to choose a default font and color:

1. Under your username, click Options | Mail Settings.

2. Click the “Compose” tab.

3. Next to “Rich Text/HTML,” select Use Rich Text/HTML.

4. Select your font type, size, and color.

5. Click Save Settings.

14. STOP "ENHANCING MY EXPERIENCE" *******. Since you became OATH nothing but **** happens. I can't even SAVE AS DRAFT WITHOUT LOSING THE POST

The title describes it.

Here it is again for the "GENUINENESS" at OATH:

STOP "ENHANCING MY EXPERIENCE" ****. Since you became OATH nothing but * happens. I can't even SAVE AS DRAFT WITHOUT LOSING THE POST

****, *, ****.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Automatic completion of e-mail address

Automatic completion of e-mail address from address book when composing a new e-mail. Where is this facility now
    It used to be automatic, now I have to remember the full address every time .

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I just filled out your survey form. When I tried to make a comment at the end, it said I used the wrong format, but didn't tell right forma

When I tried to send a comment on your latest survey, it said I had the wrong format, but didn't say what was wrong or what the right format is.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I have a couple of suggestions for you to try:

1. If you see an X in the top of your browser or receive any notification boxes about pop-ups blocked, please choose to allow for this site.
    2. Copy and paste the link in a new tab or browser.
    3. Clear Cache and Cookies (Instructions can be found here: https://help.aol.com/articles/clear-cookies-cache-history-and-footprints-in-your-browser).
    4. If accessing from Mail.aol.com and your Mail Settings option “Disable links in mail from unknown senders” is enabled, please click the link in the email then choose “Enable Links” or “Always allow from this sender.”

Your feedback is important to us and we look forward to hearing back from you about your experience. If these solutions do not work, please reply back with details about why it did not work so we can further investigate.

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base