Skip to content

AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

160 results found

1. Restoring my account you deleted without my permission

Will you PLEASE restore my Account. *@AOL.COM
    You deleted it. WHY ??????

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Could you please message us on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook at AOL Customer Care? We'd like to look more into the issue you're experiencing. In case you do not have a social media account, we are also available at: https://help.aol.com/contact/

Looking forward to your reply! 

Thank you, 

AOL team

2. headsup

Cannot stop the annoying headsup - how does one do that? Settings are all correct, btw.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Could you please message us on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook at AOL Customer Care? We'd like to look more into the issue you're experiencing. In case you do not have a social media account, we are also available at: https://help.aol.com/contact/

Thank you, 

AOL team

3. Filter settings

I have had filters set up for several years to divert incoming mail to specific folders. Now they have all quit working. I have tried deleting them and adding them back. I have tried changing some of the key words and creating new filters. Nothing works. Now my inbox is full of messages that should be filtered to other folders. Please fix the Filter Settings option. I have played around and can't get any filter to work anymore.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

We’re sorry to hear you’re experiencing this issue! We’d like to look into this, please message us on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp, on Facebook at AOL Customer Care or at help.aol.com.

Thank you,
    AOL Mail team

4. filters

All of my mail filters have disappeared from the filter menu as of Dec 2021 and now those that were set to be filtered are coming to my main inbox. Where did the filter settings go?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I can no longer hear "You've Got Mail" sound upon logging in

For several months, I have not been hearing the "You've Got Mail" alert sound upon logging into my email. All the settings are correct, but I still can't hear anything

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

6. How to switch news feed from USA to UK?

I am not in the aol app I am on my windows laptop. I live in the UK. Suddenly Today on AOL is showing me USA news and not UK. I have reset my location and it is STILL showing me USA news. All the articles I can find are instructions for how to do it in the app. I am not using the app. These instructions are not appropriate for a laptop. PLEASE tell me what to do because it is not obvious at all.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

7. DELETE THIS ACCOUNT. This user DIED OVER 4 YEARS AGO !!! I know this because I am the Executor of her Estate in ALL matters.

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT. This user DIED OVER 4 YEARS AGO !!! I know this because I am the Executor of her Estate in ALL matters.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're very sorry for your loss.

In the unfortunate event of a death of the billing contact for an AOL account, ownership can easily be transferred to another AOL Username already listed under the account.

Note: If you don't own a Username on the AOL account and would like to make changes to the account, please contact one of our AOL Customer Support Team Representatives at 1-800-827-6364.

8. Allow senders name to be sender of emails

AOL continues to show as sender on my emails regardless of how my settings are set.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

9. need to access Netscape!!!

need to access Netscape!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

10. WHY DID MY E-MAIL DISAAPEAR FROM MY AOL.COM SCREEN. NONE OF MY MAIL COMES THROUGH THIS SCREEN ANYLONGER?

WHY DID MY E-MAIL DISAAPEAR FROM MY AOL.COM SCREEN. NONE OF MY MAIL COMES THROUGH THIS SCREEN ANY LONGER?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

11. while opening email messages, aol is now moving the message into a gray format losing many of the contact info in the message. How to stop?

How do I stop my messages automatically being sent into a gray format which actually loses important links in the message. Help!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

12. Even though review pane is enabled, it does not appear below the message list. Why? How can I restore the review pane?

Even though review pane is enabled, it does not appear below the message list. Why? How can I restore the review pane?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

13. Away message does not send

Away message does not send

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

14. Why and how did my mail change from the original way to click on and delete mail? Box used to be on the left of the message; now on the rt.

Why is my square delete icon on the right now? Very inconvenient; used to be on the left right next to the incoming mail. Not easy to have to read across and line up to delete messages.....can the be reversed?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

15. Take off the 2-step security thing

I hate the 2-step security. It's a waste of time and only an obstacle. Tried turning it off per your instructions, but have no "manage" options under "Security." Please advise.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

17. Stop this friggin pasword change all the time

I lost my other account from you guys ***@aol.com so i started another **@aol.com now you made me change my password AGAIN and it has screwed up all my bill paying accounts AGAIN. What is going on .????????

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

18. Articles/Comments

I can get into mail, and the site shows me as signed in. But I am not able to comment on articles because it shows me not logged in. What is going on?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

19. sound settings

Can't get the "You've Got Mail" to work. Have gone to options and checked that box. Nothing. The sound to indicate that a message has arrived while I am in my mailbox works, but NOT the initial "You've Got Mail". This quit working about a week ago. I am the least technically literate person around, but I really have tried everything I can think of and nothing is working. All of my computer's sound system IS working perfectly, so it is NOT that. Anyone else with this problem? Any suggestions? I even UNchecked the box in options, rebooted, then checked…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

20. address book auto add feature

My auto-add email addresses has stopped working. How do I fix it?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base