Skip to content

AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

160 results found

1. Ipv6

Please allow ipv6 networks connect to you. You have upv6 but if you are on an ipv6 network mail stops and you get connection errors.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Could you please message us on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook at AOL Customer Care? We'd like to look more into the issue you're experiencing. In case you do not have a social media account, we are also available at: https://help.aol.com/contact/

Looking forward to your reply! 

Thank you, 

AOL team

2. aol mail

@aol.com@ aim.com cx not preferred to see this option on cx aol mail compose setting option, try to ask a assistant on sts. but as a sts respond it cannot remove it because it a alias, but try to remove it on mail settings i try also to remove it on contacts in case it there was a similar email but there is not similar for those user name that want to remove.We would like to receive a respond for this "ASAP" so we can give a good advise for cx for this kind a problem.thank you

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Could you please message us on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook at AOL Customer Care? We'd like to look more into the issue you're experiencing. In case you do not have a social media account, we are also available at: https://help.aol.com/contact/

Thank you, 

AOL team

3. Help changing password and phone number

I had a problem with one account and would like to change my aol password. I recently purchased a new verizon phone and my number has changed from *** Can you help me do that. I am 82 and not great on the computer.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

4. Get access to account.

I lost access to my phone number and now I cannot get into my mail even if I have a password. AOL does not have a service for restoring access without a phone or changing the number.
    Help restore access to my mail, please.

I was offered to contact support on twitter or facebook, but they can not help me.

Phone support is only available to residents of US or Canada.

Who can help me? I am in Cyprus.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

5. I need a way to RETAIN my email on the server and not be deleted.

I need a way to RETAIN my email on the server and not be deleted.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

6. cannot get emails I gave to people for contacting me!

I have three people, doctors, work and businesses that email me and cannot get the email to me!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue! We'd like to help, please send us a private tweet at @AOLSupportHelp, message us on Facebook at AOL Customer Care or in case you do not have a social media account, our support team is available at https://help.aol.com/contact/

Thank you!

AOL Mail team

7. When I download email using POP, it is not deleting from the server. Before the 16 digit password requirement it deleted. On MAIL, there m

When I download email using POP protocol, on my iMac, it is not deleting from the server. Before the 16 digit password requirement it deleted. On MAIL, I looked for a "Remove from server" choice and could not find. Help.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue! We'd like to help, please send us a private tweet at @AOLSupportHelp, message us on Facebook at AOL Customer Care or in case you do not have a social media account, our support team is available at https://help.aol.com/contact/

Thank you!

AOL Mail team

8. Get access to account.

I lost access to my phone number and now I cannot get into my mail even if I have a password. AOL does not have a service for restoring access without a phone or changing the number.
    Help restore access to my mail, please.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thank you!

9. Switch from Verizon to AOL a BAD idea.

Verizon, in their finite wisdom, chose to stop providing email service and turned the responsibility over to AOL. As the change was made, I lost virtually all ability to use my Mozilla Thunderbird email client as AOL simply will not recognize my username/password from there.

As a result, I am in the process of informing all my clients to contact me on gmail as that has no issues with the sign-in process.

I've tried working with AOL tech support, but they are even more mystified than I am by the issues I am having.

I'm just going to put this…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thank you!

AOL Mail team

10. Mail preference settings to switch from old/new mail to unified and vice versa does not work.

I'm trying to change my mail settings and follow each step and save it. But when I go back to my email, the change has not been saved. I tried signing out and back in, restarting my computer, etc. but cannot change the email style.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

11. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. My Compuserve News is not refreshing

I contacted technical support and tried different browsers, cleared browsing history, reset my modem/router, reset browser and reset email but still having the same problem. If I click the news, I'm getting routed to the Compuserve News and getting the message "the requested story is unavailable". Please help.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

We’re sorry to hear you’re experiencing this issue! We’d like to look into this, please message us on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp, on Facebook at AOL Customer Care or at help.aol.com.

Thank you,
    AOL Mail team

13. ET-5016 issue

ET-5016 is not letting me send email or forward email.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, I’m sorry to hear that! We’d like to further investigate this, can you message us directly on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook on our AOL Customer Care page? In case you do not have a social media account, please contact us at help.aol.com

Thank you!

14. Why can't I download attached files anymore?

I used to be able to download attachment. Now I can't. What happened?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, I’m sorry to hear that! We’d like to further investigate this, can you message us directly on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook on our AOL Customer Care page? In case you do not have a social media account, please contact us at help.aol.com

Thank you!

15. I want my old account back not this new one that didn’t happen! I won’t get any of my mail with this user name !, HELP!!!

I want my old account back! I can’t get any emails with this user name at all! HELP!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you!

16. saved mail

All of my Sent mail older then 60 days is not showing up. Is there a way to access older sent messages? If you are only showing 60 days worth of sent mail going forward I will need to switch providers. Thanks.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. deleted email not deleted

All the emails I delete after reading go to my old email folder. I have asked about this before. I have thousands of old email, very few of which I actually want. And yes, I click on permanently delete for my delete folder.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you!

18. display

what happened to my previous view of my inbox? it's all now in black and white and looks horribly stupid.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you!

19. How about testing before making changes

AOL has decided to change their software on 9-21. Since then I have lost auto log-in; personal filing cabinet; access to settings; ability to adjust fonts in email; mail saved on my pc is displayed the same as new. I guess I'm not paying enough....AOL has become more nuisance than helper. Tech support told me ...."sorry"...it must be a bug.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you!

20. Hello I have problems with my email, **@aol.com

Hello, I have problems with my email, **@aol.com, it turns out that when I open an email to read it, then I close it, but it disappears, I can not recover it anymore, I do not know where it has gone, I could not achieve a configuration that makes me recover these very important emails, the question is that I have lost them forever, how can you help me, how should I configure it to not lose the mail every time I open one to read, I lose them once I close the window, could you help me, thanks, kind…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base