AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 632nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 632nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Block email does not Work

I continue to see spam messages by ..@setgomedia.com, ..@leverproductons.com and ..*amazedmedia.com. I have tried to block these emails, but they continue to appear daily (about 9).

Why does your email blocker not work?

353rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. automatically delete spam mail.

If someone gets mail that AOL designate as spam, why send it to our spam folder in the first place just delete it.

7th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  120 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. my aol mail SHOULD auto delete after the mail is auto forwarded to my verizon.net account?

my aol mail SHOULD auto delete after the mail is auto forwarded to my verizon.net account?

249th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Why on my brand new Imac are my AOL Contacts no longer listed by last name first?I have gone to the 'Options' settings to no avail.

In our "CONTACTS simply restore the last name first protocol which has been used for centuries.This new first name craziness is just stupid.

632nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. reply email is not generating when you click on reply, a blank email opens

when replying to an email, it does not cop yemail address you are replying to nor can you see what email you are replying to. Instead it opens a blank email page.

632nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow additional folders to made in folders

Example: Recipes - Under the Recipes you could have additional folders: Appetizers, Dinner, etc. If folks wanted to put additional folders under the sub folders etc. Get it?

632nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. spam

why does aol have so much f%%king spam? None of my other FREE accounts even come close/.AOL really sucks and I would quit but after 30 years so many people contact me via my email that it is daunting. STOP THE FLIPPING SPAM

456th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Several stories in the "Today On AOL" news banner fail to display any text when displayed. How can this be fixed?

Fix the failure of text not displaying in some (not all) "Today On AOL" news items.

1018th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. NOT Happy Being Forced to Use AOL App On Phone

My husband and I have been loyal AOL users for over 25 years. Now AOL is forcing me to use the AOL app for my mail on my Android phone rather than Outlook. The app is a piece of **** compared to outlook. Just to start, I can't go straight to my mail.

This is worse for my 80 year old husband. He has a Windows Phone an the AOL app is not supported. Even if it was, since his stroke he just can't learn something new (hence the windows phone) so he will no longer be able to use…

632nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. TRUMP Political Ad

Why is Trump survey appearing on my sign in page. Then to top it off the only options are that he is doing Great, Good, or Okay, Did you all get a hefty check and sell out in order to put this on the AOL page? It is Fake news and Fake Survey? I am disgusted it would even appear on my screen. Regardless of my political affiliation. Seems to be I was exploited.

6th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  257 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add sub folders to folders

Please add sub folders to folders, I just changed from Cox since I moved and now I have to find another mail service since you do not offer

456th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please restore automatic saving and population of email addresses when composing

Please restore my automatic saving of email addresses into my contacts list and definitely please restore automatic population of email addresses when composing an email.

456th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. SPAM Settings

It would be so nice if I could more easily BLOCK a SPAM sender/email. Just a simple button or something. Sick of having to open the email and copy and paste the address I want to block in my spam settings.

296th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Aol should not require a recovery (backup) email, other than the one we use for Aol. Sounds like you "plan" to lock us out!

What if someone only has one email address? You should only require a recovery phone number OR a recovery email! NOT BOTH.

1018th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Accessing the Mailbox without the news. Your political news is slanted & unfair.

I love AOL but you do not deal with Democrats and Republicans equitably. I'd love some way to access my mail without seeing your news page -- can you make the news page a separate optional click?

632nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I am trying to break free of icloud and reset up my aol. I need help as to the settings

I am trying to break free of icloud and get aol set up on Microsoft office I need help as to the settings. I go way back to black screen days and I need help to get rid of apple

1018th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. RESTORE THE SPAM FOLDER PERMANENT DELETE ALL!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You still have the Delete All option in the spam folder, which "warns" the user that all will be be permanently deleted. That is an outright lie! For too long a time now when I have clicked on Delete All the unwanted spam mail goes into the Delete folder where I have to delete each one individually. I should NOT need to do that. RESTORE THE SPAM FOLDER PERMANENT DELETE ALL OPTION! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

632nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. AOL BIAS

STOP THE ANTI REPUBLICAN / CONSERVATIVE PROPAGANDA. FAIR REPORTING THAT'S ALL AMERICANS WANT. YOUR MEDIA IS WEAK/ AND ONE SIDED

353rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base