AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 99th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How about some positive article about President Trump. Always negative, shows how bias you are.

How about some positive article about President Trump. Always negative, shows how bias you are.

79th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Block Email Address Button for Each Email

It may have been said before but I would like to reiterate the ability to have a block email option on the mail page. It is not practical or time efficient to copy and paste SPAM email addresses (30+ daily) to the block email section. Just as there is a SPAM option for emails, then PLEASE install a BLOCK email address option. This would probably solve a significant amount of your spam complaints.

24th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. WAY TOO MUCH JUNK MAIL! Your spam filter is useless.

Fix your spam filter, it's useless! It doesn't block anything. I put junk in spam folder, next day, more junk from same sender. Way too much trouble to open junk, copy address, move to settings, then mail settings, then spam settings,then paste to block address list. And then... REPEAT for then next spam. Ridiculous.

Yahoo blocks spam! (and it's free!) Be more like Yahoo. Do SOMETHING to block spam.

84th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 172nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Stop forcing us to mark spam as "not spam" to click unsubscribe links on spam emails!

What idiot made this policy I don't know but by permanently blocking all links and images from emails in our spam folder you force us to mark spam as "not spam" to unsubscribe from spam mailing lists. This is a horrible, horrible idea. Get rid of it.

99th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Spam Blocking

Your spam block is worst in industry, takes forever to block and then it doesn't work. Google and Apple let me simply block them with one click and done.
    Worst spam block in industry.

93rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. ADS

ADS ON INCOMING E-MAILS...REALLY AOL???!!!
    The ADS at the TOP of my incoming e-mails are worse than SPAM to me.
    NOT APPRECIATED!!!
    AOL, PLEASE, Get rid of these unwanted ads. What a nuisance!
    Bad enough they used to be over on the side...but now at the top of the e-mail list and easy to get clicked on in error!
    BIG, BIG mistake AOL!
    DO IT NOW...get 'em off of there!

147th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Auto-Adding Contacts

Why don't my new contacts get auto-added in to my contacts list?

172nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. SPAM - Return to Sender

Have a "RETURN TO SENDER " button that tells them to STOP sending mail. This will force them to deal with a flood of email in their box. AOL customers should not have to deal with trying to unsubscribe to all the junk mail. WHO SOLD my mail address to all of the Spam senders; AOL? STOP IT .

15th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Quit being so biased in your news reporting. I'm not paying for your opinion!

Quit being so biased in your news reporting. I'm not paying for your opinion!

137th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Put back the block on only receiving email from those people in my address book.

Put back the option to only receive email from those people in my address book Please.

3rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

497 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we’ll send it over to the Product Team and hope to have it implemented in the future.

13. sort emails by sender.

It isn't possible to sort anything in the "from" column any more. I wish I could - it would help me find emails I have missed, as well as make it easier to delete

126th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. STOP THE POP-UP ADS!!!!

STOP THE POP-UP ADS!!!!

4th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  152 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. UNSUBSCRIBE NOT WORKING

Recently the UNSUBSCRIBE link at the bottom of spam emails doesn't work. Why? At the top of spam there is now a yellow bar that contains the message: we have disabled links and pictures. If you think it's safe then mark it as 'not spam'. It's SPAM! How the do I know if it's safe or not? Frankly, I don't want to find out. I just want unsubscribe and not get their ** spam anymore and delete what I have gotten. Get it sorted, AOL.

113th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Eliminate free advertising for Trump

you should not show an advertisement to "meet Melania Trump" if you contribute to his campaign in the "Today on AOL" page. Not even sure that's legal as it looks like free advertiseing to me. At least make the jerk pay for the exposure. The whole thing is offensive to me. Otherwise I like AOL a lot.

90th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. old mail

how can we restore the old mails? mine dissapeared

226th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Information Requested  ·  5 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. For some reason, since Safari updated this week I can not download PDF files or any other attachments.

For some reason, since Safari updated this week I can not download PDF files or any other attachments. If I go into the old version there is no problem. Please advise how to fix.

106th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Politics

You wear your anti-Trump bias on your sleeve and it is pathetic. AOL is supposed to be for America, and your posture is destructive and politically motivated. I hate to open AOL each day and read your bias spin. Please stop, especially during this time in our country when you serve no good tearing us down. You obviously did not get the memo that "we are in this together" - you'd rather play politics and sow discord.

191st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. News On AOL.. --

You show a "story" of interest and when clicked on it opens in a new tab . You have to click "Next Page" far too many times to reach the one that addresses your original story theme. It takes too much time to read thru all the background and I normally click off these stories.

Also.. the old format of AOL was better as you could access yr files off line... Hope feedback is helpful.

57th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base